Free REI $20.00 card - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Registry
REI $20.00 card

REI has a promo on right now. Spend $100.00 and get a $20.00 gift card. This could buy one Lucy Light!
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
what is an rei?

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Registry
Bob. REI is an outdoor equipment store. They have just about everything one could want for the outdoors. www.rei.com
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 AM   #4

Missouri
got it

now I see tony I am a sucker for all the c/c bonuses latest 2 is spend 1k get 100.00 off your bill. I used one on our az trip getting ready to orderer a canapy for stevie and my tractor. ding another 100.00 in my pocket!

now amazon has one join one of their clubs get 20% off I am saving that for something expensive these don't sell those metal canapies as far as I know.

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 11:51 AM   #5

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
what is an rei?

bob
REI or Recreational Equipment Inc. is a chain of stores that cater to serious hikers, campers, climbers etc. The products they sell are functional more than glamorous.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
REI was started as a buying co-op by a group of friends in Seattle who are outdoor enthusiast for a wide variety of sports. They wanted to purchase equipment at a more affordable price avoiding the high middle man markup. I used to go to one of their early years facilities that was located in a basement space in a building on Seattle's Capitol Hill.

Times have changed considerably. Their concept worked and they kept expanding and are now a chain across the nation with an online presence as well as physical stores. You do not have to be a member to buy but membership does net you discounts issued in the form of buying credits.

The flagship store in Seattle is a real experience, tall outside cascading waterfall. Hand carved wood sculptural features around the entrance. Free parking garage which is very essential in that near downtown area of the city. Not too long ago when I was there on display in the lobby was an adventure oriented travel trailer. They have had several travel trailers on display over the year. But displays change so there is no telling what will be on feature for your visit.

Some items that might be of interest are light weight cookware, folding chairs, inflatable mattress pads, LED lighting products, small solar panels with battery storage units, etc.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #7

Missouri
jack thanks for the info I recall the original Cabellas store in Neb. I went into shock the first time I saw it. now goobled up by Johny Morris at Basspro!!

bob
Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
REI

My brother and I had REI memberships back in the late 60's. And one step further back in the old mail order days, Herters, Waseca MN. Cablela brothers when they used to sell dry flies in the classified section of outdoor magazines, and LL Bean when it wasn't a fashion store, just gum boots and wool. As Merle said, I wish Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.
I knew I was going to get old, I just didn't think it would happen this fast.
😜
Iowa Dave
Old 02-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
jack thanks for the info I recall the original Cabellas store in Neb. I went into shock the first time I saw it. now goobled up by Johny Morris at Basspro!!

bob
Freudian" now goobered up by bass pro"
Dave
Old 02-15-2018, 09:35 PM   #10

Missouri
dave not to worry I have tented in Europe in my early 70s, tented in Europe 4x matter of fact old then, tented all over the us and Alaska, now 76 after 3 big-time back surgeries now slowing down but just completed a 3 week trip to az and all over.

this summer I hope to take the 13f and go to Alaska by vehicle first time we flew with our tent. its all a frame of mind to me!

have fun live

bob