rock guard for 1972 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
We are looking to buy a rock guard for our 1972 13ft Trillium. We desperately need one as the rain splashes up and into the window, soaking the bunk beds. We have tried contacting Team Trillium in Calgary but they keep telling us they'll call back and then don't. Apparently the rock guard (oval shaped) for the new Trillium does not fit the square window of the vintage Trillium.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Hi
i had a sign shop make the trillium logo on a piece of aluminum.
the Frame i had was in good shape. and the sign shop said to use 3 m double sticky tape to mount it . Yes double stickie lol but it worked great
an aluminum frame would be pretty easy to make if you are missing your frame.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi
i had a sign shop make the trillium logo on a piece of aluminum.
the Frame i had was in good shape. and the sign shop said to use 3 m double sticky tape to mount it . Yes double stickie lol but it worked great
an aluminum frame would be pretty easy to make if you are missing your frame.
HI
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I don't have a frame, but If I can't find one I may have to do that.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
QUICK.....
Give Reace a call @ Escape trailers, the covers they use fit our Trillium to a T !!
Little extra pleading MAY even result in them installing it for ya!!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:02 AM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:
QUICK.....
Give Reace a call @ Escape trailers, the covers they use fit our Trillium to a T !!
Little extra pleading MAY even result in them installing it for ya!!
Thanks for your reply! I will try to get a hold of them today. I'll let you know how we make out.

Thanks again,
Ilona and Norm
Old 04-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
hummm, the gravel guard will certainly help to keep water away from the window when the trailer is going down the road, but it sounds like you've got a more serious issue going on . The gravel guard isn't going to stop the rain from running down the window when the trailer is parked. You should seriously consider pulling the window out, resealing and reinstalling.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
hummm, the gravel guard will certainly help to keep water away from the window when the trailer is going down the road, but it sounds like you've got a more serious issue going on . The gravel guard isn't going to stop the rain from running down the window when the trailer is parked. [b]You should seriously consider pulling the window out, resealing and reinstalling.
I second that motion. In a "Driving Rain" (Pun Intended), We soaked the cushions in our Fiber Stream even with a rock guard!
All is dry after I pulled and resealed with caulk-tape my windows.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #8

Quote:
hummm, the gravel guard will certainly help to keep water away from the window when the trailer is going down the road, but it sounds like you've got a more serious issue going on . The gravel guard isn't going to stop the rain from running down the window when the trailer is parked. You should seriously consider pulling the window out, resealing and reinstalling.
Hi,
The window is not leaking when we are parked so I don't know about pulling it. It was newly caulked about two years ago. I think the weather stripping is all dried up and needs to be replaced, so I could also use some advice as to where I might get new weather stripping
Thanks!!!
Ilona and Norm

Tags
trillium