CA Scamp 13' for Sale: $4300, San Jose CA (Northern CA) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Scamp 13' for Sale: $4300, San Jose CA (Northern CA)

We're moving from San Jose, California to Rapid City, South Dakota, so we have to sell our beloved 1985 Scamp Trailer (in San Jose, CA). Sleeps 4 ADULTS. We pull it, loaded to the max, with a Toyota Sienna minivan. $4300 OBO

Details:

-Rear Bunk Configuration, can sleep four adults:
-Standard Scamp bunk beds, reinforced with cast iron pipe so that adults can sleep on them (I have before when both of my children and my husband were hogging the double bed . I am 5'8").
-Standard double bed that folds into dinette & custom TV shelf when the bed is down. The dinette table's corners have been cut and rounded so that we could slide into the seats more easily.
-Refrigerator: works well on 120v, and I think we used it on 12v when we first got it
-2 burner stove: needs to be installed- the counter space where it was is covered by a piece of tiled plywood, but the gap for the stove is still underneath.
-Vinyl flooring
-Spare tire
-Closet space window air conditioner with fan: keeps the trailer luxuriously cold in 100 degree heat, plus room for storage above the conditioner.
-Front and back window covers
-Propane tank storage on front hitch
-Two gas can storage on back bumper
-New exterior Interlux brand marine paint
-No leaks (*escape hatch needs fixing- we've always put a tarp over it when raining/storage).
-New sink & tall faucet. New, leakfree plumbing
-Trailer brakes (not sure if functioning, wires are disconnected).
-Bearings have been maintained.
-Water storage tank: disconnected hoses but tank still under the bench seat.
-We disconnected the 12v lights and removed the 12 v. outlet.
-Back tail lights are rewired, as is all 12v wires towards the battery. Tail lights need tightening up, waterproofing, and the marker lights are uninstalled (but new ones are in the trailer, waiting for installation).
-Hitch wiring and plug: new and functioning properly but needs a new outer sheath...or you can just buy a new wiring harness.
-Axle: in driving condition, tires don't touch the body, but it will need replacement down the road.
-Frame is in sound condition- could use some paint.
-When we bought the trailer, it had a hole over one of the wheel wells, likely because we bought it from someone who lived in the deserts of Southern California, and he drove it over a large rock, but we patched it
with new fiberglass. It did not impact the integrity of the trailer.
-We thouroughly cleaned, repainted, and decorated the interior when we got the trailer in 2007, but since then, it's had work done and a lot of use, so it needs redecorating. It was kept clean, and we kept the cushions covered with plastic bed covers under the sheets.
-Just before we found out we're moving, we were going to put in new curtains, cushion covers, patch up the screw
holes in the closet with some fiberglass patch, paint the interior, redo the countertop tile, and put in wood cabinet doors. We were in the process of installing all new GFCI 120 volt wiring and 12v wiring and all new lights, still incomplete.

See attached pics (apologies for the sideways ones).
Attached Thumbnails
image1.jpg   image3.jpg  

image7.jpg   photo1.jpg  

Old 07-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #2

Name: Patti
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Hi Tirah,

I am interested in your trailer, it looks really cute and fun. I am a "newbie" to owning a trailer, although I grew up trailer camping as a kid and I just went camping with my cousin who has a very old fiberglass trailer and it was great to have more comfort than just tent camping.

I just moved to Spokane Valley, WA from San Diego, CA and am getting back to nature in the Inland Northwest. Is your trailer unexperienced owner-friendly?

Please let me know if it is still available.

Thank you, Patti
Old 07-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Hi Patti,

Thanks for your interest. They are fun to transition over to after tent camping. We got ours years ago when we realized camping with a baby was not fun. Camping is our favorite type of vacation, so it saved us from having to wait until our kids were older.

My husband and I had never driven with or had a trailer before, and we found it very easy to ramp up to speed. We drove it from LA to Northern California the day we bought it (bought it there). The best part about this trailer is that my husband was able to push the trailer (on foot) into the campsite space and not have to back it in. Neither one of us was good at backing (probably because we figured out that we could just push it). My husband said yesterday that they were under 1000lbs in 1985, so it's lighter than I posted in my original.

It needs work, so driving it out of our city would require either portable trailer lights or time, installing marker lights, tightening screws and electrical taping wires.

But we are in Northern California, wouldn't that be a long drive for you? We need to sell it pretty quickly, because we're moving very soon. I'm posting it on Craigslist today.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #4

Name: Marcy
Trailer: Trillium 4500
California
Hi. Do you have pictures of the interior? I live in Los Angeles Thank you!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #5

Name: Patti
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirah View Post
Hi Patti,

Thanks for your interest. They are fun to transition over to after tent camping. We got ours years ago when we realized camping with a baby was not fun. Camping is our favorite type of vacation, so it saved us from having to wait until our kids were older.

My husband and I had never driven with or had a trailer before, and we found it very easy to ramp up to speed. We drove it from LA to Northern California the day we bought it (bought it there). The best part about this trailer is that my husband was able to push the trailer (on foot) into the campsite space and not have to back it in. Neither one of us was good at backing (probably because we figured out that we could just push it). My husband said yesterday that they were under 1000lbs in 1985, so it's lighter than I posted in my original.

It needs work, so driving it out of our city would require either portable trailer lights or time, installing marker lights, tightening screws and electrical taping wires.

But we are in Northern California, wouldn't that be a long drive for you? We need to sell it pretty quickly, because we're moving very soon. I'm posting it on Craigslist today.
Thank you for responding, Tirah. Your camper is adorable but you are right, it is a long way to go from here. Best wishes on your move.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #6

Name: Marcy
Trailer: Trillium 4500
California
I called and this trailer has been sold.

Tags
$4300 obo, northern california, san jose, scamp