Scamp window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #1

Name: Marge
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Scamp window

Hoping someone out there has a working 2 pane jalousie side window (square cornered) for a Scamp. Hoping to happen upon one before I take the plunge and order new ones. Thanks.

I believe the size is appr. 24wide and 18 tall.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Newby CT-13, 84' U-Haul Owner
Wisconsin
Registry
FYI: I just bought a brand new one direct from Scamp for approximately $140.00. You'll have to weigh the options to see if a used one is worth the effort over a brand-new one. For what it's worth....
Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #3

Illinois
Thanks Mike, I will go ahead and order new this week from Scamp.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:00 AM   #4

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
Mike T,

Did you order the windows for your 13CT? I'm rebuilding mine right now, and would much rather have jalousie windows. Do the Scamps have the same rubber type mount or do they use the inside screwdown frame?

Thanks,

Marty D
Old 09-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #5

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Mike T,

Did you order the windows for your 13CT? I'm rebuilding mine right now, and would much rather have jalousie windows. Do the Scamps have the same rubber type mount or do they use the inside screwdown frame?

Thanks,

Marty D
Havent been off work in time to call yet...Hope to get home early enough tomorrow. Will let you know what I find out.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Do the Scamps have the same rubber type mount or do they use the inside screwdown frame?

Thanks,

Marty D
I'm not Mike T. But the slider windows (or newer Jalousies) use an interior clamp ring. Only the plexiglass windows use the gasket and lockstrip. And the plexi windows are only used on the front and some rear (older Scamps with curved backs) years of trailers.

Hope this helps
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #7

Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
FYI: I just bought a brand new one direct from Scamp for approximately $140.00. You'll have to weigh the options to see if a used one is worth the effort over a brand-new one. For what it's worth....
Hi Mike: How much glass work was necessary for the window fit? I'm very reluctant to attempt the glass part. Never done ant thing like that. Mike
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #8

Trailer: Newby CT-13, 84' U-Haul Owner
Wisconsin
Registry
I've never done it either, sorry to say. I have a friend who was nice enough to do the job while I was away. I would have loved to help him and learned myself. All I know is that the side windows needed to be made 1 3/4" smaller length and width. The front and rear were actually a little small so he had to cut the opening wider to fit. That's easier of course. I think you could search this site or even google fiberglassing to find out how. It's worth it from my experience.

Mike
Old 10-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #9

Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
Mike T: thanks for the quick response. As you said, I can read up on it and determine if its something I can do. When I messaged you I had'nt seen your photos, they look great. thanks again Mike

Tags
scamp