Side windows for Boler wanted - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
I called Scamp today and found out that they had discontinued the jalousie side windows.

I want to replace both of mine.

I'm looking in the usual places but if anyone has a line on them please let me know. Willing to pay money!

Size: 18 x 24.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Gosh an RV Salvage Yard comes to mind... now ya just gotta find one. New, maybe from Sunview or Hehr. Info found on the Helpful-Links pages:
Windows and Window Parts
Old 02-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Gosh an RV Salvage Yard comes to mind... now ya just gotta find one. New, maybe from Sunview or Hehr. Info found on the Helpful-Links pages:
Windows and Window Parts

Thanks Donna. Yes, I've looked at all the links on that page. I have a list of RV Salvage yards I am going to start calling tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Edited to say "Oopsie, I didn't notice this was an older thread. Oh well, maybe someone will find the information useful."

I called Scamp a couple of months ago (fall 2008) and asked about the jalousie windows (I was looking at a Scamp with sliding windows and I much prefer the "crank out" style). The fellow I spoke with said that they were an option on new trailers and that it was also possible to order them as "parts." He wasn't able to give me an exact price but said they were a bit more than the standard slider. I'm thinking it was something like $170 for the usual side/dinette Scamp side window.

These would be the jalousies with the radius corners, so only about half as much window opens as the square-cornered ones in the older Scamps and Bolers (i.e. there is about 1/4 of the width on each side that does not open; just the 1/2 in the center on both panes opens).

He could have been wrong, but it might not hurt to check again. Oh, one more anecdote: The people who were selling the Scamp with the sliding windows were just on their way to pick up a brand new Scamp 16 at the factory (September 2008). They ordered it with jalousie windows because they liked the one jalousie on their late '90s Scamp 13 (the tiny one over the stove) and wanted them on all the windows on their new trailer.

Raya
Old 11-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Raya -

Thanks for updating this old thread - it will help folks searching for information.

To add more information, the windows for Scamps are made by Hehr International. People can order windows to specification directly from the Hehr factory - they are very nice and helpful folks, and all of their windows are custom built to order - all you do is give them the size requirements. They no longer make the aluminum squared-off style jalousie windows used in the older trailers, but they do make a radius window with jalousie. However, they call these "awning style" windows in case you wish to order this style. I just had them make a new door window for my Scamp. The price for a standard window was around $90, and the price for an awning style was around $160 IIRC. My window was ready in 3 days and I was able to pick it up at the factory here in Los Angeles.

Tags
boler, windows