ON SOLD: $1150 CAD or reasonable offer - Early Trilium project opportunity - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #1

Name: Larry
Trailer: Volvo 245 pulling '71 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Registry
SOLD: $1150 CAD or reasonable offer - Early Trilium project opportunity

I am an infrequent poster here, but you may have seen some of my project questions and other posts from a few years ago. Partway into this restoration, we found a very affordable parcel of land and have since built a tiny "bunkie", so this project trailer went unloved for a few years and I don't see us having the time to continue. I want to see it go to someone who will do something exciting with it and more importantly... ROAM

A few photos are attached but I will include more in the following posts. Please browse them and fully understand what you are getting into: a fun rewarding project that you can make your very own!

We bought this for about the same as I'm asking to sell - it was pitched as a waterproof shell needing an interior, with new wheels, bearings, lights. Once we got it home, the story was a bit different - the shell was barely attached to the frame, it leaked, and the lights were marginal. So I had to do some work...

THE GOOD

It's registered and road worthy and I have done a lot of fundamental work on it already:

I jacked the body off the frame (not for te faint of heart), checked the frame for any issues (it was all solid), I painted the frame and reattached the body with new butyl tape and through bolt hardware. The original screws had disintegrated so all that was keeping it from flying off the frame was the old sealant. Now it is rock solid.

All lights are new LED replacements - went with round rears since the originals were in rough shape.

Bottom of the trailer all around was fiberglass repaired (a few small holes and cracks) and coated in 2 part epoxy based truck bedliner and should last basically forever. THe wheel wells were done too so the fiberglass is protected from stones etc

Belly band was found to be leaking so I removed it all and patched it with fiberglass resin/cloth

Roof was sagging so I reinforced from the outside with a wood rib that maximizes interior headroom. This thing takes a snow load now!

Door was removed, stripped, painted and old broken hinges replaced with brand new - plus the latch was re-keyed and key is included.

Door opening has new weather strip

Tires and wheels have almost no miles, includes spare.

Roll of weather strip for the front and rear windows is included. The front window is installed but should be removed for painting and reinstalled.

The rest of the shell had small leaks repaired with epoxy (and fiberglass cloth as required)

Jalousie window hardware is all intact, both windows have cranks and they work, screen hardware is all there and the skylight opens and closes and from what I can tell it does not leak.

THE BAD

While parked last year, a tree lost a branch and it landed on the top corner of the rear window, causing a fiberglass crack and the window to pop out. This window already had a crack in it and needed replacing anyways but now it needs a fiberglass repair before new plexi can be installed. YOu will also need to buy plexiglass. I will include enough brand new window weather strip to do the new install though.

This past week, an idiot kid smashed a jalousie window pane while this was parked behind our house. It will need a new panel (suggest plexiglass)

There are a few other minor fiberglass fix ups required, from various bumps which occurred in storage. It's not a ton of work but it's enough to make me hesitant to say "leak free once the windows are installed".

The interior is largely how we got it - no elephant skin any more, no fixtures, needs a full work up. I like to think of it as a blank slate :-)

THE UGLY

Look at the photos - this is a project, it will take some work! Once the minor fiberglass repairs are done, it will need a full all round sanding (my belly band and other repairs have not been sanded down yet) and a few coats of paint. We started with tremclad "recreational white" but only got halfway done the first coat before getting distracted by building a bunkie.

THE BOTTOM LINE

This trailer has great bones and a lot of the fundamental grunt work has been done. I'd like to get close to what we paid for it because I know there is value in the chassis, shell, lighting, wheels, etc regardless of the repair needs. The hinges alone cost an arm and a leg!

That being said, I am open to reasonable offers and prefer to see this go to someone who will take it to its next life rather than have it sit unused forever with a too high price tag on it. So if you are serious, please drop me a line with an offer. I am not in a rush, but the sooner you take it the sooner you can start building the dream

PM me for contact details, I live West of Toronto.

Thanks for looking - I'm happy to answer questions!

Attached Thumbnails
20160723_180402.jpg   20160723_181141.jpg  

20160723_181213.jpg   20160723_181314.jpg  

20160723_181147.jpg  
Old 07-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #2

Ontario
Registry

Old 07-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #3

Ontario
Registry

Old 07-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #4

Ontario
Registry

Old 07-23-2016, 06:21 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Old 07-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #6

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Trillium
Nova Scotia
Hello! I'm *very* new to all things fiberglass, but keen. How big is your Trillium? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #7

Name: MJ
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Oklahoma
I may have missed it on my tiny monitor but where is this project egg located? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #8

Ontario
Registry
Hi everyone - this is tentatively sold to a local buyer. I will keep this thread updated on whether it firms up or falls through. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #9

Ontario
Registry
THanks everyone for your interest, this is sold firm now. Happy trailering!