SOLD!!!! 13 Foot Scamp for sale in So. Calif - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2006, 12:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium
SOLD!!!

13 Ft Scamp Deluxe. Sleeps two with HUGE amount of storage space. The woodwork is beautiful, I wish I had it in my Trillium! This is one sweet little egg.

I found it in up-state New York and couldn't pass it up. This Lil' Scamp had but ONE OWNER who brought it back to the original dealer to sell for them. (The dealer bought 10 Scamps in 1986 so became an ad hoc Scamp "dealer".) The bearings were repacked before I left and the trailer pulled great, no problems. I suspect that I put more miles on this trailer in the last two weeks then in all of the last 20 years. It had the original (cracking) tires which were replace before I left NY.

The electrical seems to work correctly. It does not seem to have ever had a battery installed as there is no wiring (that I can find) for a battery. It does have a converter that works and the 12v does work when connected to the tow vehicle so installing a battery would be a simple task. I was told that the Scamp was parked most of the time at an RV park in Canada and always used 120v. The gas tank was the old type that can no longer be filled. That got tossed. The regulator could probably be used if fitted with the right adapter.

The folks who used this gem were very gentle. As far as I can tell, everything is all original. The cushions and drapes are in great condition as is the wood, screens, windows etc. All lights work. The fridge (while a bit grungy) works on both 12v and 120v. It has not been tested on gas. The heater and stove has not been tested but seem to be in good shape. I crawled some under the rig and it looks great. No signs of rot.

The pictures show the trailer as it arrived in California. We did a quick wash on the outside, but haven't cleaned the inside yet. There is some silicone smear here and there on the outside as the folks did upkeep to keep it tight. Ran into some heavy rain on the way back and found no leaks. As you can see, it is the real deal. I will post some more pictures after I clean the inside a bit. As is, it is about as original as it can be. I would like to get $3600 for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rtsideopen.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	4373
Attached Thumbnails
leftfrontqrter.jpg   leftreartodoor.jpg  

rrqrter.jpg   rtftqrter.jpg  

Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
What a wonderful little trailer. At that price, I should snatch it!...

But alas, the tongue weight exceeds my safety limit, no doubt.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
Thats beautiful wood work in there, something I really miss with the UHaul! Its been my experience with the 22 trailers and motor homes that I've had over the years that if the fridge works on electric it will always work on gas and vise-versa. I've heard otherwise but never experienced it...one works, the other always does. As for 12volt, I never touch the things
Old 08-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #4

Just sold the trailer to a very excited newbie. Hope she has a great time!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Just sold the trailer to a very excited newbie. Hope she has a great time!
Anyone we know????
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Anyone we know????
Not yet. She has been lurking for about a year. I told her to join and let everybody know how her adventure develops. I'm delivering the trailer this afternoon!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #7

Trailer: 1986 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Not yet. She has been lurking for about a year. I told her to join and let everybody know how her adventure develops. I'm delivering the trailer this afternoon!
hurrah !!! Jeff just drove awayand left a beautiful egg trailer (86 Scamp) in my driveway!!! . I have been lurking on this web site for over a year. I have enjoyed the posts and cried over the dead Burro (hit by a huge tree limb) but mostly I laughed and laughed, and learned and learned. I have a love of the outdoors and camping, but a hip replacement and vaious ills made it a miserable experience when tenting. I have researched what kind of rig would be most useful and FUEL EFFICIENT.!!!!! I first looked at teardrops but they are still too low , but very cute. I also wanted an indoor cooking option. Tent trailers were never a choice for me because I want to camp at Yellowstone and other parks where hardside only are allowedin some campgrounds. I then started combing the internet and it was on this website when I saw my first egg rv and I was in eggstacy !!! Cute,small and economical. I then started searching Ebay for the right trailer. I have literally looked at thousands of rigs,on the first search alone I looked at 1080 or so (that was before I found out how to narrow my search) I then bid on several scamps but either I didn't bid high enough or the reserve was way too high and I still didn't win. I called on several rigs in so cal but no luck. Then I saw Jeff's Scamp and I had just read his post about getting it registered in California. Wow what a valiant effort!!!I ony had to travel 35 miles to see it and put down a deposit. I then closed out a c .d. and Jeff and his son Gus delivered it . Thankyou!! Steph
Old 08-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Steph! And CONGRATULATIONS on the new-to-you-rollin' home
Old 08-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry

Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together!

Welcome aboard, Steph!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #10

Quote:

Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together!

Welcome aboard, Steph!!
Thank you for the welcome and encouragement . I have hugged my Scamp twice ,it is so cute! I now need to get an instruction manual , although I think that the forum has alot of practical information and wonderful advise.I think the frustration and searching make me very appreciative of my little New York transplant.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Happy adoption!!!!

what will you name the little feller'?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Happy adoption!!!!

what will you name the little feller'?
I think I'm going to name her" My little Nest Egg " Mostly because I used my nest egg to buy her. I was raised on a farm and I know the importance of having an egg in the nest, otherwise the hens will go find a different place to lay her eggs. I'm leaving a treat for all of you to enjoy. this is a Japanese website for EGGS. push the small green rectangle in the upper left hand corner that says" english" They have a delightful Egg Song., click on the small egg song icon on the right above the egg picturess -- plus fun kid activities. The site is www.iloveegg.com I tried to add this as an attachment and I couldn't make it work.( Thanks for the help with this Donna) Steph

Tags
scamp