AR SOLD: 17' 80s Casita NEEDS REDO, $1500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #1

Name: deb
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Smile SOLD: 17' 80s Casita NEEDS REDO, $1500

She needs major renovation including repaint of outside. She is mid-80s but do not have exact year as title is in safe.
Tires were new when parked in 2005, they do not look too bad still have air but unknown if Road Worthy I am not qualified to assess but if tires are not brittle. She is able to be towed to HER NEW HOME.
Ugly blue shag carpet wall to floor (previous owner)
Back seating area is in permanent bed used air mattress, if original cushion are still around they were in rough shape and table hardware and board I believe is still under bed. Gas Stove, Water Heater and gas lines all worked great with no leaks. Water lines including to storage tank, sink and bathroom were all in working no leak condition as were storage tanks for septic and water.
First must REPAIR is replacing the door handle. iT HAS BROKEN OFF AND BARELY ABLE TO TURN THE DOOR latch.
Unfortunately a tire blowout ripped through the fenderwall under the cabinet.
Title is clean in my name and has not been registered since 2005. Lights and wiring were working when parked but need checked before towing.
I was able to tow her with a 4 cyl. Eagle Talon Sports Car with no problems. Pics. Attached please PM for more Info.
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM2967.jpg   HPIM2969.jpg  

HPIM2976.jpg   HPIM2979.jpg  

Old 11-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Your price looks very good for your Casita Fixer.

But, as you said, "I am not qualified to assess", PLEASE, don't let any one tow it home on those overage tires. You already know what a tire failure can do to the trailer, now think about what collateral damage it can do in an accident on the highway.

Note to those that will tell us; "I towed mine home on 23 year old tires @ 70 MPH etc." please don't repost unsafe advice. Old tires are old tires, and I have never heard of the "Brittle" test.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Man do I wish you where closer to me! I would have been knocking on you door this morning with the cash in my hand! I need a fixer just like this.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #4

Arkansas
I am trying to sell quick so priced accordingly. I know its a good price and think after all these years of sitting, its about time she gets some deserved attention. I suggest anyone wanting to tow, Bring your own tires as stated in above post, no way to test for sure and you do not want a blow out like I had. thanx, d
Old 11-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #5

Arkansas
someone mentioned using uship costing about $900 for 1300 mile trip. Might be a good option to towing for anyone interested.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Connecticut
17' Casita

Vert interested in your trailer......where are you located in Arkansas? Could you please post a few more pictures of the exterior sides? I think uship may be the way to go given that winter is upon us and I'm in CT. Look forward to hearing back from you.Thanks
Old 11-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #7

Arkansas
Unhappy

Ii AM IN lowell, AR, Walmart County As you can see by pictures I took, Its tightly wedged between two buildings and cannot get pictures of the sides. There is no damage on sides, only hidden in the fender well. I am attaching the other pictures I have. I have close up side window picture that should give an idea on condition of paint. There is no exterior damage other then fender well hole which you can't see from outside unless you crawl under her. Let me know what else you need. We just had minor ice storm here so yeah, I would let uship handle the move, then you don't have to worry about tire issues and can check them out closer to home.. if they are not brittle, you have almost new $150 in tires. If you use uship i should be able to pull it to the road with my Ravor a my brother can help pull it as light as she is, so no access issues for truck.
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM2972.jpg   HPIM2986.jpg  

HPIM2977.jpg   HPIM2971.jpg  

HPIM2983.jpg   HPIM2978.jpg  

Old 11-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: In the market
Arkansas
I would like to come by and see this. We are in b'ville. Text me at 479-426-3517. David
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #9

Arkansas
I just want to thank everyone for your interest and advice and let everyone know MY CASITA SOLD TODAY. I am going to miss her but I look forward to watching her transformation and can't wait to see her back on the road again. Thank You All Again for all your help in finding my Casita a new home.

Tags
casita