: Camping gem manufactured in 1973 by Tri Fab, Tripoli, Iowa. This fully working Love Bug
has freshly painted cabinet and storage doors and a three-burner stovetop in an authentic red color that remains popular, and a genuine Humphrey propane light
. Of utmost importance was retaining the Bug’s vintage charm while making it camper ready.
PRICE: Asking $5,900.00, clear title
, cash, or cashier’s check; $500 deposit requested at time of purchase with balance due at delivery
As of 7/15 - PRICE NOW REDUCED TO $5,000
• Sleeps 1 – 4 people (two children on the bunk beds and one or two petite adults on the bed that's smaller than a double but larger than a twin). The sofa converts into two bunk beds while the eating area transforms into the larger bed. The Bug’s versatility is suited to couples or singles as well.
• The lightweight Fiberglass shell pulled easily behind our Kia Spectra. Title
indicates dry weight
of 925 lbs.
• Sink area allows incoming fresh cold water from campground hookup. There is no water heater but a teakettle heats up water nicely.
• Storage overtop the sink and stove and below the sink, closet equipped with a bar for hanging clothes with a reach-in storage area above the heater, storage areas under the sofa and both seats in the dining area (a fresh water tank occupies space under one of the seats but is not in service).
• Combination of 12 volt and 120V electricity
• Four tire chocks and jack levelers
and roof vent open for ventilation
• One 20 lb. propane
• Camper only requires 15 amp service
• New curtains in a hippie-style pattern
• New laminate wood flooring
• New refrigerator
installed in 2009 and used lightly – works using 120V – at campground or when driving with power inverter connected to the towing vehicle’s battery
• New 120V heater installed in 2012
• New wiring throughout and installation of new inverter in 2009; old inverter still present but doesn’t work
• Cushions reupholstered approximately 2008
• New tires
approximately 2008; spare tire also in good condition
• Storage hooks installed throughout camper
• Removable air conditioner (Goldstar) that fits into the window above the sofa. Purchased the A/C new in 2009 – used slightly.
• A custom-made removable screen fits the window over the sofa.
• To improve functionality of the dining area, the two-section table has a low shelf for storage and a smaller table that swivels. The two pieces fit together when switching out to a bed.
NOTE: Individuals may consider making cosmetic improvements based on preferences. The Bug has normal wear and tear for an antique. Pictures represent as-is condition of camper as of June 2015.