NH SOLD 1973 Play Pac 13' trailer with Showe $4100.00 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
bm4

Name: BriMal
Trailer: Play Pac & Lite House
New Hampshire
SOLD 1973 Play Pac 13' trailer with Showe $4100.00

We are sadly selling our Play Pack Fiber Glass 13′ camper trailer (as we are on the road for work all the time and have an RV provided for us)

Fully restored has:

Teak floor shower
6 gallon hot water heater
wired for 110 small fridge (optional)
flt screen tv
makes up to double bed when cushions are put down
new wood laminate floor
2 burner propane stove top (built in)

https://1973playpacforsalewithshower.../2015/10/07/4/[IMG]

This was redone to be used when plugged into electric and water hose.

We lived in it for 6 months comfortably in a spot that provided those hook ups. Can easily be converted to be ‘off grid’.

Please email with an questions b4cier@hotmail.com
This little vintage camper trailer is called Play Pac. They were only made 1971-73 and in that time they only made 75. There is said to be only a dozen left…as far as we can tell from our research

https://1973playpacforsalewithshower.wordpress.com/2015/10/07/4/[/IMG]
Old 10-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #2

Name: Clamdigger
Trailer: 16 Casita SD 2003
Delaware
Hello,

What shape is the frame, tires and bearings. Is it road ready and can it be pulled to Mid Atlantic with no problems? What size ball and plug?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
bm4

New Hampshire
Hello,
yes it is road worthy. Are you close by enough to come see it? Was stored well in all its years bearing packed. Some marker lights don't work but great other than that!
Old 10-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
bm4

New Hampshire
It has a 2'' ball
Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #5

Name: Elena
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT
Pennsylvania
Glad to hear it's road worthy, looks great too! Where in NH are you?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #6

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
Very very cute!!! How does the wood floor in the shower work? Is there a floor drain to a greywater tank?
Old 10-13-2015, 09:26 AM   #7

Name: Alex
Trailer: In the market
Ohio
I'm assuming no toilet from the wordpress site? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #8

Name: Robbin
Trailer: currently shopping
Florida
Can you tell me what the weight is?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
bm4

New Hampshire
Still available

A few more things about the camper...

1) It has a shower, sink and a hot water heater. The water heater is 110V and must be plugged in to function. There are not currently any fresh or waste tanks. It has a 3/4 Female hose connector for pressurized water supply. A 12v pump and tanks could be added easily. But works like a charm when in a water/electric hook up site.

2) It is a EXTREMELY rare 1973 PlayPac that has been restored, This means that although the trailer was stored under proper cover for many years and was in a great state of preservation, I still replaced the original floor and sub-floor with new marine grade plywood and new composite flooring. The original fabric headliner was replaced by finishing and painting the raw fiberglass and the closet was adapted into a shower with teak flooring and a drainage that is tied into the kitchen sink drain. Both drains are hooked up to a garden hose connector below trailer and can be drained into a tank on wheels or small bucket. We use bio degradable soap and let it drain on the grass when at home. At RV parks the hose can go into the sewer drain.

3) The 12 volt lighting is connected to a battery which currently needs to be replaced. I used a car battery hooked up to a trickle charger to keep everything running.

4) There is room for a portable chemical toilet in the shower (not included)

5) The original door is still with this trailer, but was removed for a number of years and flattened out a little. It has some gaps I had to add some foam strips to that could be fixed better. It does latch shut and we use a dead bolt out side to lock it when we leave it.

6) The frame and suspension is in remarkable shape. It has new wheel bearings, electric brakes that still work great and a heavy duty 2" hitch tongue. It's super light for it's age (around 900 lbs empty) and tows comfortably behind our 4 cyl Subaru wagon.

7) Two of the windows I have decided to keep permanently shut the front one and 'driver side' side one, because it is so small and ventilation is a non issue. The windows are aluminum and this insures no water leaking when driving as their is nor 'rock guard' supplied with this model. They can be easily re opened as they are sealed shut with HVAC tape.

8) The stove top is fully functional and just needs a propane tank hooked up.

9) The interior height is approx 5'10''- 5'9''

10) trailer is 13' end to end. The interior is approx 6'x9'. Total exterior height is around 7.5'

11) This model was never equipped with the PlayPac 'dome' so there is no issues with any roof leaking. Only issue it has is sometimes in extreme hot/cold outside inside we get some condensation on interior ceiling...nothing a small rag can't fix.

12) Shower floor is teak and can be removed for cleaning.

13) Space for a small refrigerator with plug under stove can be used also for cooler or just extra storage

14) Oh and the awning is made with a retractable shade for back of SUV trunk...just enough to sit under in a little rain.

We could possibly tow it to as far south as CT. This is only after we get a good faith deposit. We are in Tamworth, NH

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 10-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #10
bm4

New Hampshire
see our post with more info about the Play Pac
Old 10-28-2015, 12:39 PM   #11

Name: Julie
Trailer: In market
Maryland
I am interested in this trailer! Is it still for sale?
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Hey Brian, I think I met you and your wife in Black Rock Mountain in N. Georgia or N. Carolina early last year.

I was on a motorcycle camping trip and you guys were checking out. It is a real nice camper, if you are the one! When I saw Subaru, that set my remember-ball into function mode. Hope you sell!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #13
bm4

New Hampshire
Sold! Thank you for any interest and happy camping!