NC SOLD: 1978 Trillium 1300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2016, 06:26 PM   #1

Name: J
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
SOLD: 1978 Trillium 1300

$6500

We bought this trailer a couple of years ago to take with us to Alaska. We drove with it behind us from Oregon to Alaska then put it in our garage for two years without it coming out once. We just brought it with us from Alaska to North Carolina, 4600 miles, and it was perfect for our trip. We love the trailer and would rather not part with it but are building our house and won't be doing much traveling in the short-term.

It has bunk beds in the front and the convertible table/bed in the back. We have kept it as a bed for the most part. I have manuals, wiring diagrams, etc. that show how everything works. Clean title.

Some positives are it has some recent home-made black out curtains, newer upholstery for all cushions and curtains (not perfect but good looking), all original appliances work, newer axle with electric brakes, newer frame. It is set-up for dual propane tanks but I only have one on the tongue for now because I wanted to reduce weight while towing with my car across country. All three tires (including the full size spare) are good as far as tread but may be getting tired as far as longevity. I have extra accessories that are being shipped across country to me right now including spare tire covers, tail light covers, and a small box of other random Trillium parts.

It isn't perfect but it is in really good condition. Rock guard has one tiny imperfection under the sticker. Currently has no battery because it went dead while I was in Alaska and was too expensive to replace there. There is a solar panel installed under the rock guard, though it would be wise to move it somewhere that it could get some sunlight. There will be minor trim/maintenance issues coming up soon. No leaks that I am aware of. I permanently fixed the door sag by going in and updating the bolts, for anyone that is concerned they can either re-fiberglass or some other option. I was more concerned about the door not operating properly, it is 100% now, than what was happening behind the hidden ensolite. Ensolite is perfect except within the cabinets where it appears it was never glued properly. The cabinet latches are not perfect, some latch well and others have to be messed with to latch.

When I sell anything I want to make sure that the buyer and myself are 100% satisfied. If you are driving any distance to look at it, make sure you ask questions etc. before you make the drive. I don't want anyone to get here and then be surprised. JBjuniorHorse at yahoo dot com is the best way to reach me.

$6500

Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 AM   #2

Name: Lindsey
Trailer: in the market
Tennessee
Do you know how much this camper weighs? And what part of NC are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

North Carolina
I am unsure of the exact weight but it is on the lower scale, at around 1100 lbs or so before adding your personal stuff in it. With it loaded and, especially with the trailer brakes, I was able to tow over some of the worst terrain in North America with my '03 VW Jetta TDI station wagon.

One fully outfitted for camping weighed in at 1840 total in the "trailer weights in the real world thread." I usually pack light so I would guess I was around 1500 lbs or so.

South eastern NC, Jacksonville area.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:48 AM   #4

Name: Chris
Trailer: '77 Trillium 1300
Oklahoma
Did you add trailer brakes to it? I'm buying a '77 that supposedly doesn't have trailer brakes. I'd like to add them though. Any idea of a good brand to buy?
Old 08-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #5

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by respond2us View Post
Did you add trailer brakes to it? I'm buying a '77 that supposedly doesn't have trailer brakes. I'd like to add them though. Any idea of a good brand to buy?
Sorry, I didnt. They were already on there when I bought it. But you did remind me of another thing. I have the Tekonsha Prodigy RF brake controller attached to the trailer and along with the simple plug in to the cigarette lighter there are no other attachments/wires required, so it is plug and play. A non wired vehicle can show up today and instantly have trailer brakes. As of now I plan on keeping it on there and it is a $250 to $300 add on.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

North Carolina
Price is OBO. Open to offers.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #7

North Carolina
Price drop to $5500. If you come check out this trailer and understand what they are, you will buy it. Interior is in great shape, axle is perfect, frame is perfect. If you want specific pictures of something, let me know. Trailer is ready to go across country today.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #8

North Carolina
SOLD

Tags
trillium