SOLD - 1980 13' Scamp for sale in N. Delaware - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
SOLD

This has been in our family since new, but has been neglected the past few years. The body and inside fiberglass are in excellent condition. It has original orange tweed carpeting (exc. cond.) and orange plaid upholstery (has tears along some edges). The inside vinyl has mildew stains. The table top needs work.

As far as the heat, electric, etc., all were working the last time they were used. But the last way we have been using it is in the yard, with an extension cord from the house, so I can't vouch for the working condition of these systems now.

We have the original gravel guard for the large window. There are no leaks. All the windows work and screens are in good shape, except for a few small holes in the door screen. There is a spare tire. I have all the original paperwork.

Here are two pics. Please let me know what other information you would like! I'm asking $1800.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0532.JPG   DSCN1048.JPG  

Old 08-05-2008, 12:31 AM   #2

Trailer: (FiberglassRV)
Hi Susan
Thanks for the heads up. I will show it to my husband in the morning and let you know if we have any questions. We have kinda narrowed our search down to a Uhaul but yours is not out of the question. I'll get back to you...thanks again, Nancy
Old 08-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
This has been in our family since new, but has been neglected the past few years. The body and inside fiberglass are in excellent condition. It has original orange tweed carpeting (exc. cond.) and orange plaid upholstery (has tears along some edges). The inside vinyl has mildew stains. The table top needs work.

As far as the heat, electric, etc., all were working the last time they were used. But the last way we have been using it is in the yard, with an extension cord from the house, so I can't vouch for the working condition of these systems now.

We have the original gravel guard for the large window. There are no leaks. All the windows work and screens are in good shape, except for a few small holes in the door screen. There is a spare tire. I have all the original paperwork.

Here are two pics. Please let me know what other information you would like! I'm asking $1800.
Hi again,
Thanks again, but my husband is sold on an older trailer that we can do some work on. Probably a Uhaul, Boler or Burro. We want to spend about $2000 but may need to go higher. I think your trailer is a good deal and am sure someone is going to snatch it up. Thanks again and good luck. Nancy
Old 08-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #4

Trailer:
Send a message via Yahoo to Doris Nieves
How far are you from NYC and do you have title? D
Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Hi Susan
Thanks for the heads up. I will show it to my husband in the morning and let you know if we have any questions. We have kinda narrowed our search down to a Uhaul but yours is not out of the question. I'll get back to you...thanks again, Nancy
Hi again,
My husband is set on a uhaul, but we really appreciate you contacting us. I have no doubt your trailer will be gone quickly...it's a great deal. Thanks again, Nancy
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Susan,
We've been looking for a an old Scamp to travel with and would like to buy yours, assuming its road-worthy enough to get it over to Maryland. Would it be possible to come look at it this sometime this weekend? We are about 20 miles west of Baltimore.
I assume you have a title to it? Will you hold it until we can see it, if you're not available this weekend? My wife and I visit our daughter in the army, at Fort Stewart Georgia and we'd like to be able to stay at a campground there.
Thanks
Dale Shomette
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Hi Susan,
We've been looking for a an old Scamp to travel with and would like to buy yours, assuming its road-worthy enough to get it over to Maryland. Would it be possible to come look at it this sometime this weekend? We are about 20 miles west of Baltimore.
I assume you have a title to it? Will you hold it until we can see it, if you're not available this weekend? My wife and I visit our daughter in the army, at Fort Stewart Georgia and we'd like to be able to stay at a campground there.
Thanks
Dale Shomette
Dale, I just now saw your post. I guess I should have been checking the forum itself, and not just expecting to get personal messages! Anyhow, yes, I do have title. And I am actually in Maryland, about 10 miles west of the DE/MD state line. I am definitely available this weekend.

By the way, we took it out on the highway yesterday and it did just fine.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #8

Quote:
How far are you from NYC and do you have title? D

Doris, I guess we're about 145 miles from NYC. I'm actually just over the DE/MD state line into MD, and close to I-95. And yes, I do have title.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Dale, I just now saw your post. I guess I should have been checking the forum itself, and not just expecting to get personal messages! Anyhow, yes, I do have title. And I am actually in Maryland, about 10 miles west of the DE/MD state line. I am definitely available this weekend.

By the way, we took it out on the highway yesterday and it did just fine.

Susan,
My cell is 240-446-2257. Sharon and I were heading down to the Potomac this evening (Friday) but if you get this and can call so we can find you we'll change our plans to get there. Hope to hear from you. It is about 1:25 pm. Thanks
Dale
Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #10

Trailer: Coachmen (CO165) Pop-up
Hi Susan,
You should have received a note from my friend Tom Burt recently about me (Toby Southern) being interested in your Scamp.I see you have someone looking at it this weekend,could you please send me a note if it is still available ? If you want to call ,my Verizon cell is 585-746-2905

Thanks,Toby
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #11

SOLD

Thanks to all for your interest!

Susan

Tags
scamp