SOLD: 1981 Burro Travel Trailer - Washington - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #1

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
1981 Burro Travel Trailer - Washington

We are selling our beloved vintage Burro, which is very clean, updated, and well maintained. Read for more details.

Unlike some other fiberglass campers, Burros are have both an exterior and interior fiberglass shell, separated by a layer of aluminum backed insulation, making them stronger, better insulated, and less prone to condensation than many other fiberglass designs. The curved gelcoat interior reflects the light around and creates a very open, airy feeling, rather than the claustrophobic, stuffy feel that plagues many small campers. The fiberglass walls, just like the new laminate floor, are also easy to wipe down and clean after the weekend adventure. We've replaced the headliner with a great looking rigid felt material over a taped, moisture proof EVA foam insulation layer to increase efficiency and fight condensation.

Despite its small size and towability, the Burro has a full 6' of standing headroom inside, and 6' 5" of room to stretch out on the bed. There is a bench seat/sleeping bunk in front, and a dinette for 4 that converts to a comfy bed for 2 people in the back. Can comfortably sleep 3 adults, or 2 adults and how ever many kids and or pets you want to throw in the mix.

This trailer does not have a bathroom, although there is a space where you could install a cassette type toilet if you wish. We use a PETT Portable Environmental Toilet from REI outside with a pop up shelter. We prefer and recommend this version instead of having a bathroom inside such a compact camping trailer.

New wood: All the original particle board and fake wood interior components have been replaced with a nice solid core birch plywood, including new table, cabinet amp; closet doors, and under seat storage covers. Brand new custom curtains in a UV and mildew resistant fabric provide privacy. The skylight roof vent has been rebuilt with a custom upgraded crank mechanism, matching wood trim, and extra tough screen to keep out the bugs.

Included AC unit easily cools the camper in hot weather.

New fridge with freezer compartment.

Freshwater sink with new faucet and hand pump for water tank, plus freshwater spout for hose hookup.

Dimmable LED light strip for the right ambiance.

The Burro's cute retro styling turns heads and gets thumbs up wherever it goes. We've replaced the center seam trim strip with new material, eliminating the rust streaking and possible water leaks associated and common with age. The door latch and lock mechanism have been rebuilt and re machined to be more secure than originally, and the door has been re aligned to the body. This trailer stays dry in the rain! We disassembled and rebuilt the rock guard shade that protects the front window and upgraded the panel with a tough, UV resistant tinted polycarbonate twin wall.

Baby moon hubcaps

New tires. Bearings and axles are in great shape.

New caster wheel jack.

Running lights all work, standard flat 4 connector.

Has trailer brakes installed, but we've never needed them or hooked them up.

This camper is a ton of fun, and we're sad to see it go, but it's for many more years of adventure, and we know whoever buys it will love it as much as we have!

Currently located in Olympia, WA approx 10 minutes from I 5 title in hand. Please let us know if you'd like to make an offer or take a look. Requested: Only serious offers and inquiries are considered!!! Thanks!

View this ad at Fiberglass Classifieds - 1981 Burro Travel Trailer - Washington

Old 08-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #2

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Shopping
UT
Towing weight

Any idea?
Old 08-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #3

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
The towing weight is about 950 pounds. We pull it with our Subaru Outback without a problem.
Old 08-31-2022, 03:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Hi! I have an 82 Burro! I realize this is an old post but I'm wondering how much you're asking as I have a friend who wants to purchase 1! Please call me, 360-701-5048 as I rarely see responses here! Im not the brightest bulb on the computer panel!