SOLD - 1982 U-Haul CT 13 ft. Travel Trailer for sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft U-Haul
I've got this trailer for sale on craigslist Colorado, Western Slope. Posted May 3rd

Thanks for looking, e-mail me with questions.

Josh
Attached Thumbnails
GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg   GetAttachment_6.aspx.jpeg  

GetAttachment_7.aspx.jpeg   GetAttachment_1.aspx.jpeg  

GetAttachment_3.aspx.jpeg   GetAttachment_1.aspx.jpeg  

GetAttachment_8.aspx.jpeg  
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Link to craigslist for more info.

"This is a vintage 1982, 13 ft. fiberglass travel trailer, it's extremely lightweight (900 lbs.) and can be towed by almost any mid-size car or truck. I'm 70 percent through it's remodel; I've replaced the propane system, installed under-counter lighting, put in a brand new (larger) ice box, new thermostat, installed a brand new "Fantastic Fan" in the sky light, installed a brand new stainless steel gas range, new tires, up-graded the lights interior/exterior, and installed a brand new deep cycle 12 volt battery, among other work. The trailer has tons of storage, a 110 volt outlet (plug in a lap top, etc.) and A/C that works. The package comes with two extra "baby half moon" hub caps, two brand new folding and locking table/shelf hinges, and a brand new IKEA kitchen system (not yet installed). I've got the clear title and an owners manual. The trailer is very clean with no rust or axle/towing problems. The price is my cost thus far $4,700 obo. E-mail me for photos or more information. "

Craigslist link
Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Just as an FYI: The U-haul trailers have a factory weight of 1250# I believe that they weigh a bit more than a typical 13-footer due to extra framing members, and perhaps a slightly heavier axle.

I thought they were all manufactured in 1984 and 1985 (perhaps a few in 1986). Not that the year really matters.

Raya

PS: Aaron, I'm just curious, have the door hinges been relocated to the rear edge of the door? Or is that something else I'm seeing?

Also, would you mind telling where you got the baby moon hubcaps to fit the U-haul wheels? I think the U-haul folks would love to know that.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #4

This is a vintage 1984, 13 ft. fiberglass travel trailer, it's extremely lightweight (around 1000 lbs.) and can be towed by almost any mid-size car or truck. I'm 70 percent through it's remodel; I've replaced the propane system, installed under-counter lighting, put in a brand new (larger) ice box, new thermostat, installed a brand new "Fantastic Fan" in the sky light, installed a brand new stainless steel gas range, new tires, up-graded the lights interior/exterior, and installed a brand new deep cycle 12 volt battery, among other work. The trailer has tons of storage, a 110 volt outlet (plug in a lap top, etc.) and A/C that works. The package comes with two extra "baby half moon" hub caps, two brand new folding and locking table/shelf hinges (not yet installed), and a brand new IKEA kitchen system (not yet installed). The entire frame has been Rustoleum sprayed and it spent the winter in my garage. I've got the clear title and an owners manual. The trailer is very clean with no rust or axle/towing problems. The price is my cost thus far $4,700 O.B.O. E-mail me for photos or more information.

Here's a little more info an a couple more photos; it may be a 1984 the only thing that I have found said 10-83 near the VIN number. Maybe that was the manufacture date.

Josh
Attached Thumbnails
GetAttachment_5.aspx.jpeg   GetAttachment_2.aspx.jpeg  

GetAttachment_4.aspx.jpeg  
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Are those new baby moons?

The ones from our old Burro fit the "new" UHaul when we got it. However, just a heads-up to UHaul owners, if you purchase new rims from UHaul, they do not work with these baby moons. We have a set of the original ones that say UHaul and can't use them unless we drill into these new Uhaul rims. We can't use our old Burro baby moons either.

Nice-looking camper. I hope that whoever buys it joins us over on uhaulcamper.com too.

CindyL
Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Are those new baby moons?
Yes, I found a set of four brand new on e-bay last fall for around $50.00. Your rims need to have nubs on them that clip into dents on the baby half moons.

Josh
Old 05-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #7

Thanks for all of the interest.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #8

The trailer has SOLD. Thanks for all of the interest.

Tags
u-haul