SOLD - 1985 13' U-Haul CT For Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT
I've come to the conclusion that I'll never have time to go camping, so I'm putting my unrestored original '85 CT up for sale. It has sat in my shop for the last 3 years and hasn't seen the light of day except being brought out and washed on occasion and used once as a yard sale item carrier. I need the space in my shop, so time for it to go.

The body is in excellent shape with a few stress cracks (left fenderwell and left front bottom corner) and various minor scratches as might be expected on a 24 yo camper. The exterior could use a good buffing and polishing. I'm not sure why the decals aren't there, but I suspect that a previous owner stripped all of them and painted a black strip in it's place (which is now fading). I assume the same person also painted the aluminum back bumper black (which is also fading). All windows operate perfectly with no leaks that I know of, and very clean interior with cushions and curtains that are all original and untorn. The original icebox, lower cabinet, sink, and stove are all in place and in good condition. I have never tested the plumbing to see if it works, but it looks to be all there, right down to the fresh water tank. I've also never tried the heater, but all the hardware appears to be there (except the connector for the bottle at the front). The electrical system does work somewhat; when I plug in, the inverter will come on and the interior wall plug is active. But, I cannot get the interior light to come on unless I run a jumper from one terminal to another in the inverter box. I gave up trying to fix this due to lack of service documentation for the inverter. The trailer exterior lights all work fine when plugged into the tow vehicle harness. Awhile back, I had installed an under-cabinet TV with a drop-down screen which can be swiveled to face either the front or rear seating area. The shield on the roof over the swamp heater is a bit tattered (it got knocked off from the previous owner driving under a low-hanging tree limb) but is secured well enough to keep out the water. I drilled several small holes in the floor at the front of the camper last year for the use of a portable A/C unit during my one outing at a friend's yard sale. The holes can be filled back in easily if not desired. The tires are new 'trailer use only' and might have all of 30 miles on them. What few times I've had it on the road, it's pulled great and you hardly know it's back there. I've checked the bearings and they are in good condition, so I wouldn't hesitate to pull it a long distance. As for price, I'm asking $2200. Please email for questions or for more contact info.

For pics, go here: http://www.retrohhr.com/coppermine/display...bum=1&pos=0

I've tried to be as honest and forthcoming in my description as I could. If I think of anything that I forgot, I'll edit my thread. Thanks for looking!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1987 Lil Bigfoot
Where are you located? I am interested. Number is 360-815-1267.
thanks,

Old 03-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Where are you located? I am interested. Number is 360-815-1267.
thanks,
Hey Jeff, thanks for your interest. I'm on the other side of the country in Tennessee, specifically Clarksville (about 45 minutes north of Nashville). Quite a distance difference, so if you are still interested, please reply and I'll give you a call. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
That's a really nice looking U-haul, Michael. And a nice, complete, ad. I'm not in the market and I'm still tempted

There is something cool about the U-hauls in an Americana sort of way

Raya
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Sir, I sent you a PM.

Maybe I have found "Susan" at last! Plus I have a small budget left over for repair/mods.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
I'm not sure why the decals aren't there, but I suspect that a previous owner stripped all of them and painted a black strip in it's place (which is now fading). I assume the same person also painted the aluminum back bumper black (which is also fading).
The decals were usually removed or otherwise blanked out by UHaul when they sold off the fleet, or at least the corporate logo was removed.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #7

Quote:
The decals were usually removed or otherwise blanked out by UHaul when they sold off the fleet, or at least the corporate logo was removed.
Okay, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
That's a really nice looking U-haul, Michael. And a nice, complete, ad. I'm not in the market and I'm still tempted

There is something cool about the U-hauls in an Americana sort of way

Raya
Thanks Raya, I appreciate the compliment. In a way, it pains me to get rid of her, but after 3 years of sitting unused in storage, it needs to go to someone who will use and appreciate it. I was hoping to sell to someone who is a U-Haul/EGG fanatic. If I sold it locally, it's likely to end up sitting out in the woods and used as a hunting camper
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Quote:
Not on all U-Hauls...mine is a 16ft VT with complete decals intact - so are several others over on the Uhaul web site. I don't know why some have been removed and some haven't unless they were faded or in disrepair.

I get several people stopping by while we're at a campground asking where they can rent a trailer like mine...at first I thought it was a hinderance, but now it's a novelity.

Hope you've found the one you've been searching for Pat!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
The ones I've seen photos of, they often left the decals on, but put strips of orange striping tape over the part that said "U-haul" (it was a white reveal cut out of an orange stripe, looked like).

It looks like a great trailer either way though. I can understand why you had to think about selling, but it's nice you gave us all a shot at it first (I did the same thing when I sold my Trillium).

R.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Maybe I have found "Susan" at last!
I sure hope so, you have been so persistant in your search for the right trailer. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #12

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
The ones I've seen photos of, they often left the decals on, [b]but put strips of orange striping tape over the part that said "U-haul" (it was a white reveal cut out of an orange stripe, looked like).
Ah. So THAT's how they did it. I knew that they somehow obliterated the logo.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Michael,

I've sent you a PM. Thanks, Christy
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #14

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
how big is this unit? is it 13 feet?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #15

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	3m23o53paZZZZZZZZZ93i1c384ae223281833.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	18562

Name:   thumb_P1010003.JPG
Views: 10
Size:  2.9 KB

Name:	normal_P1010005.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	18564

Name:	normal_P1010007.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	18565
Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

Quote:
how big is this unit? is it 13 feet?
I put everything in my ad except the length...sorry about that. Yes, it's a 13-footer.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #17

[quote]
Attachment 18562

Attachment 18563

Attachment 18564

Attachment 18565

Kevin, thanks for posting the pics
Old 03-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #18

Camper has been sold! Thank you all for your interest
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Michael agreed to sell me his Uhaul.
Now, all I have to do is drive 7 hours, pick it up and drive 7 hours to get it home!

It's just north of Nashville. Guess I'll talk my hubby into a road trip!

Now the problem is that "Susan" just is not a Uhaul name.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #20

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Michael agreed to sell me his Uhaul.
Now, all I have to do is drive 7 hours, pick it up and drive 7 hours to get it home!

It's just north of Nashville. Guess I'll talk my hubby into a road trip!

Now the problem is that "Susan" just is not a Uhaul name.
Congratulations! It looks like a nice trailer!

Tags
u-haul