Sold! 1987 Burro 17’ wide body, front bunk/dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sold to another member on this site, they took her home today!

Thanks again, Marsha

This camper seems to be in good condition for its age. It is actually 19.5 feet long because there dual gas bottles are on a rack welded to the back of the trailer, with a fiberglass cover for the bottles. There is a fiberglass storage box on the front. I have made all new cushions for the inside except for the upper bunk, new foam with homemade slipcovers (and matching curtains). There is rooftop air installed in the vent space that runs but I don’t know if it cools well as it was cool the day I bought it and the filter was so dirty that I haven’t tested it since cleaning. The Dometic fridge works on both gas and 110. The stove works but has surface rust. The furnace does work but seems to be a little cranky to start (I would always use an electric heater anyway). It has hydraulic brakes (untried by me) with a brake fluid reservoir on the front of the hitch, I don’t know anything about this setup and would not presume that it works. The tires have good tread but there is weather checking on the sides, a spare is included. There is no bath in this camper, a dresser with mirror is in this space. I can't find anything wrong with the body or frame but have not crawled under it to look carefully! It has a leaf spring suspension that seems pretty flat to me, it probably could stand some repair. The door closes well and locks with a key but there is a bit of a gap at the bottom. All windows except the one on the back operate well. The back window has had a bead of silicone run around it, presumably to stop water leaks, it does seem to still leak a little in the back. Contrary to how this may sound, I think this camper is great! I’m just not comfortable towing something this long and wide (cluck, cluck), and storage fees have gone up, so it has to go! Photo album link attached (I hope), and I will answer any questions as well as I can. I have all of the owner booklets and a copy of the assembly manual, this one was assembled in Iowa. Asking price is $3200, it is stored in Shawnee, Kansas 66226 (near Kansas City).

1987 Burro Widebody 17'

Many thanks!
Marsha
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 17 ft
Sent you a pm. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:11 PM   #3

pm reply sent, thanks!
Marsha
Old 04-27-2006, 08:57 AM   #4

Hey storage neighbor:

I have the Scamp parked several sites down from you at JayHawk Campers. Good luck with the sale.

I'm too looking at selling off the camper. Size/weight is the biggest factor for the sale. Going to get another but smaller and lighter.

Have you seen these 2 recent Ebay sales on 2 local campers - $6100 Casita and $3000 Scamp

I have an interested party for my Scamp, but those prices make it hard to figure out to list on Ebay or not.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #5

Hi! I've noticed your camper as well. Some of the sale prices on Ebay are crazy high and I wonder if they actually complete the transaction... I'll try selling here for a while and may end up trying Ebay, we'll see! Good luck to you on your sale!

Thanks, Marsha
Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler Honey
Mike and Marsha,
Like both of you, I've followed prices here and on ebay. (And elsewhere) I have noticed lately that some of the high priced items seem to show back up with incomplete transactions. I think the real key is to set a price you are comfortable with. It needs to be high enough to cover your needs for funds, but still be reasonably competitive. Good luck with both your sales..your rigs sound really nice!
Old 05-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #7

Hi Marsh, Is the burro still on the market? If so please email me your tel.# and I will give you a call. Would like to talk about condition of frame,floor etc. Thanks, Larry Cushman. My tel# 252 745 4483
Old 05-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #8

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Good looking trailer, Marsha. Did you add the front storage box; if so, where did you get it?
Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #9

Hi Cam, The storage box came with the camper, I think that it was installed when the gas bottles were moved to the back. The same person probably made both the box on the front and the cover for the propane tanks.

&

Hello Larry, The camper is still for sale and I will try to give you a call Thursday evening.

Thanks to both!
Marsha
Old 05-13-2006, 11:22 AM   #10

Hi Marsh, I am still interested in the Burro. Please give me a call. Larry C
Old 05-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #11

Marsha, I had a couple from Raymore look at the Scamp today. Seemed interested in getting a camper. I also told them about your camper and $3800. I thought that was your price. Oh well. Their name is Boxberger. I told them of this site also.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #12

Trailer: 1984 Burro 13 ft and 2000 Burro 17 ft
Hi, Marsha--

Does your Burro have a 'glassed in floor? Is is still available? If so, could you give me a call at 541-390-6903.

Thanks,
Leslie
Old 05-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #13

Hi Leslie, I'm not sure what you mean by glassed-in but the camper is still available and I'll try to swing by the storage lot so that I can describe the floor more clearly. I'll give you a call in the next couple of days.

Thanks, Marsha
Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #14

Trailer: 1984 Burro 13 ft and 2000 Burro 17 ft
Hi, Marsha--
By "glassed in" I mean plywood enclosed in fiberglass. Not sure if the larger Burro is made like that, or not (I know that the smaller ones are, so there's reason to hope!). What I'm aiming for is an interior that's essentially all fiberglass (except cabinet doors, etc., of course) because I have serious allergies and chemical sensitivities. Fiberglass is a great material for me, because it's non-porous and inert. (Plywood, on the other hand, is neither. If something like a cabinet door is musty or problematic, I can just replace it, whereas with a floor....well, I guess anything's possible, but I wouldn't want to go there!)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Leslie
Old 05-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #15

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Leslie:

My 2000 17footer has a plywood floor with heavy glassing on top and underneath.

An aside about fiberglass: the white finish is gelcoat, which I think is a least a little bit porous. I will eventually paint mine with enamel, which should be less porous and harder.

If you have chemical allergies I would say that only used trailers should be considered: We got ours at two weeks of age, and the next year was spent keeping the air circulation going to keep the smell from getting too overwhelming, and we don't even have allergies. Don't know whether the outgassing was normal or due to a resin/hardener mix which delayed curing. At this point everything is fine.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #16

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro
Is the Burro still for sale?

Interested, in Kansas City. Christi W
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 AM   #17

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft (Peanut)
Is the Burro still for sale? Do you know the weight? Thanks. Joanne
Old 10-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #18

It looks like the Burro will be heading to a new home, a sale is pending!

Thanks to all,
Marsha
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #19

Hi Marsha,

I noticed that this post had an original date of April but it came up as a recent post so I'm wondering if the unit is still for sale?
Al

Quote:
This camper seems to be in good condition for its age. It is actually 19.5 feet long because there dual gas bottles are on a rack welded to the back of the trailer, with a fiberglass cover for the bottles. There is a fiberglass storage box on the front. I have made all new cushions for the inside except for the upper bunk, new foam with homemade slipcovers (and matching curtains). There is rooftop air installed in the vent space that runs but I don’t know if it cools well as it was cool the day I bought it and the filter was so dirty that I haven’t tested it since cleaning. The Dometic fridge works on both gas and 110. The stove works but has surface rust. The furnace does work but seems to be a little cranky to start (I would always use an electric heater anyway). It has hydraulic brakes (untried by me) with a brake fluid reservoir on the front of the hitch, I don’t know anything about this setup and would not presume that it works. The tires have good tread but there is weather checking on the sides, a spare is included. There is no bath in this camper, a dresser with mirror is in this space. I can't find anything wrong with the body or frame but have not crawled under it to look carefully! It has a leaf spring suspension that seems pretty flat to me, it probably could stand some repair. The door closes well and locks with a key but there is a bit of a gap at the bottom. All windows except the one on the back operate well. The back window has had a bead of silicone run around it, presumably to stop water leaks, it does seem to still leak a little in the back. Contrary to how this may sound, I think this camper is great! I’m just not comfortable towing something this long and wide (cluck, cluck), and storage fees have gone up, so it has to go! Photo album link attached (I hope), and I will answer any questions as well as I can. I have all of the owner booklets and a copy of the assembly manual, this one was assembled in Iowa. Asking price is $3200, it is stored in Shawnee, Kansas 66226 (near Kansas City).

1987 Burro Widebody 17'

Many thanks!
Marsha

Tags
burro