SOLD - 1993 Scamp 16-Phoenix, AZ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Scamp
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
scam.

Get much snow in Phoenix? (Look at the pics)

quote from ad "I have taken it to Colorado twice and to local campgrounds in the *Nebraska* area".
Old 10-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Well Poop! I saw this & thought, PERFECT! I love my little 13' egg, but the rest of the family wants all the bells & whistles, like a bathroom, hot water, ...more stuff! I thought this is a great price and I can make the drive to Phoenix, yeah! So I responded to the ad. Then, I checked eBay and I swear I found the same Scamp. It's located in Nebraska and the bidding is up to $3800, which was reached on Oct 5th, so why start a new ad on Phoenix Craigslist today for such a low price?

Maybe I'm missing something. It's hard to keep up with these guys.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Well Poop! I saw this & thought, PERFECT! I love my little 13' egg, but the rest of the family wants all the bells & whistles, like a bathroom, hot water, ...more stuff! I thought this is a great price and I can make the drive to Phoenix, yeah! So I responded to the ad. Then, I checked eBay and I swear I found the same Scamp. It's located in Nebraska and the bidding is up to $3800, which was reached on Oct 5th, so why start a new ad on Phoenix Craigslist today for such a low price?

Maybe I'm missing something. It's hard to keep up with these guys.
I think posting something on Craigslist and Ebay is incorrect. Once you list on Ebay, you have pretty much made the decision to sell it on Ebay. That's what an auction is all about. Because Ebay is now trying to monopolize and make listing items in a "non-auction" manner, just makes it more greedy. This is of course my opinion but I do "flag" items on Craigslist that are also on Ebay.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #5

Yes, it was suspicious and sent them an email right away.
Haven't had any response, but will post it if I do.
Highly likely this is a SCAM.

Don't see the snow, looks more like rocks....
The trees and terrain look more like NE however.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Here is the eBay ad for it.

I am sure the eBay ad is legit.. the text and pics were simply stolen and modified for the Phoenix CL ad.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #7

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
SOLD for $5300.00
Old 10-09-2008, 09:14 AM   #8

And here is the response to my email from the SCAMMER on Craigslist that I just received so everyone can recognize the reply that they nearly always send you....

"Hi,
The camper is fully functional and the price I`m selling it for is $2680, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Phoenix but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this camper without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery with a 14-day return policy so you will have the chance to inspect it before final decision.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how SquareTrade works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks."
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #9

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Greg A
Good catch.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Greg A
Good catch.

Gina caught that one right away.... I was snoozin
Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #11

What was the email address so I can be sure to not get duped!\? Actually, if enough folks bombard it with rv questions, it could have a beneficial impact. Not to mention spamming the heck out of it. The incorrect grammer isn't always a giveaway and surprisingly, there was no mention of Nigeria.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #12

To add to GregA's post, we just had an almost identical posting on Craig's List here in the Kansas City area - different trailer (a Trail Lite) - but the text regarding the seller being in in UK(London), use of Moneybookers, etc, etc, were practically word-for-word! Oh, my. How involved our life can get.

Bob Groh, Kansas City, Missouri area

Quote:
And here is the response to my email from the SCAMMER on Craigslist that I just received so everyone can recognize the reply that they nearly always send you....

"Hi,
The camper is fully functional and the price I`m selling it for is $2680, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Phoenix but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this camper without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They will take care of the delivery with a 14-day return policy so you will have the chance to inspect it before final decision.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how SquareTrade works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks."
Old 10-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #13

Quote:
What was the email address so I can be sure to not get duped!\? Actually, if enough folks bombard it with rv questions, it could have a beneficial impact. Not to mention spamming the heck out of it. The incorrect grammer isn't always a giveaway and surprisingly, there was no mention of Nigeria.

Here is the email addy the reply came from, but these folks just create these probably for every ad. I had one the other day that tried to buy an entertainment center I was selling with almost the exact verbiage.

Spammer:
lewis_clark[at]live.com

Tags
scamp