SOLD - 1999 Scamp for sale in Vancouver, BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
I've listed my 13' Scamp for sale on Ebay. It is located in Vancouver, BC.

Moderators Edit: The eBay listing has been removed by seller, the info has been removed from this post. Contact Dwight if interested.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Since you're a member of FiberglassRV Dwight, I moved this out of Referrals and down into the Members For Sale section

Also, edited your post to include a direct link to your trailer.

Good luck on the sale, and please encourage the new buyers to drop by FiberglassRV
Old 03-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dwight if you still have this trailer on Monday please let me know.

thanks
Carol
Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Hi Dwight,
Can't seem to access ebay listing. Does this Scamp have a bathroom and hot water heater?

Fran
Bellingham,WA
Old 03-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #5

Fran, when I moved the listing to the members forum and hyperlinked the listing on eBay...it worked...honest! Maybe Dwight sold it??
Old 03-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Fran, when I moved the listing to the members forum and hyperlinked the listing on eBay...it worked...honest! Maybe Dwight sold it??
No we haven't sold the Scamp. Our attempt to sell the Scamp on Ebay has been a disaster. We have had our account "potentially hacked" three times in Ebay's words. We have had three winning but non paying bidders. So many people are out there that are just plain malicious. They bid on and win items they have no intention of buying. We thought it would be a relatively simple matter to sell a nice little trailer, but it isn't. If we try to sell again it will likely be through a consignment deal at some RV lot.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #7

Our Scamp is the basic 13' No hot water heater no bathroom no furnace no brakes.

It is a 1999 in great shape and it is in Vancouver BC. At this point I am not sure it is evn for sale anymore.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #8

Dwight, I've edited the top post to remove the eBay link.

If you're still interested in selling your trailer, I have a couple of suggestions.

Put a contact phone number here. Put spaces between the numbers like this:
123 456 - 4567 so it's not havested, lots of people are looking to buy! Take the trailer out to campgrounds, use it and put for sale signs in the windows.

Let us know if/when it's sold, please.

Best of luck
Old 03-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Dwight, I've edited the top post to remove the eBay link.

If you're still interested in selling your trailer, I have a couple of suggestions.

Put a contact phone number here. Put spaces between the numbers like this:
123 456 - 4567 so it's not havested, lots of people are looking to buy! Take the trailer out to campgrounds, use it and put for sale signs in the windows.

Let us know if/when it's sold, please.

Best of luck
Maybe it is just me but I find the selling experience taxing to say the least. Since we listed the trailer on Ebay we have had our account "potentially hacked" four times. I jsut opened it agin today and it is frozen again.

I included 19 colour (color for those of you in the US) photographs of my trailer inside and out and still had people ask me if it had a bathroom (it doesn't) or if it had rooftop air (it doesn't). I carefully detailed that it does not have brakes and people would ask if the brakes were surge or electric. ????
hahaha!

I'm surprised no one asked me what colour (color) it was.

I had expressions of interest from as far away as Tennesee, Texas, Arizona, California and Quebec. Honestly, who is going to come from Tennesee to British Columbia to pickup a $6000.00 trailer? The gas would cost $2000.00 Vancouver, BC is a two and a half hour drive north of Seattle it is a long long long way from Tennesee!

I listed it on Craigslist and had many people who needed something to do on a Saturday morning come look at it. One guy made an appointment to meet me at the storage yard on the other side of the city, on a Saturday when I would have rather been camping, and after I gave him the complete tour he said "I could never buy a trailer like this, my wife hates them!" Nice! What a waste of time!

I am now considering running an essay contest with $250.00 entry fee to tell me why I should sell you the trailer for your $250.00 I would return everyones money if not enough people participate. What do you think?

I certainly do not want to include my phone number. Enough is enough!

Dwight
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #10

I forgot to mention the guy who was at least fifity five and couldn't complete the transaction on his winning bid because his dad was mad at him for buying a trailer , or the guy that couldn't buy it because his roof had collapsed, or the guy that couldn't buy it because his dog had the runs. I'm serious! What a collection of KOOKS
Old 03-21-2007, 08:02 AM   #11

Sigh, file everything under "Lessons Learned." I suppose it's time for you to ask the buyers questions....like....Are you seriously looking to buy, or just a looky-loo (heavily loo)?

On the other hand, trust me we've had members drive thousands of miles to buy a trailer sight unseen....AND still others that have paid to have the trailer shipped! Distance is relative to desire.

Still wishing you luck
Old 03-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I forgot to mention the guy who was at least fifity five and couldn't complete the transaction on his winning bid because his dad was mad at him for buying a trailer , or the guy that couldn't buy it because his roof had collapsed, or the guy that couldn't buy it because his dog had the runs. I'm serious! What a collection of KOOKS
LOL I almost chocked on my morning coffee I was laughing so hard. You have just made a great case study for me as to why not to sell anything on EBay!

Carol
Old 03-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #13

Quote:
LOL I almost chocked on my morning coffee I was laughing so hard. You have just made a great case study for me as to why not to sell anything on EBay!

Carol
These were not Looky Loos these were winning bidders on Ebay who had entered into a "supposedly binding" Agreement to Purchase.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #14

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Dwight... sorry to hear your having a bum time with Ebay and the bidders..... I sold 2 Scamps just advertizing here and also on Casita Club forums.... they were both gone the same week...... There isnt that many scamps for sale in this area, so I am sure someone will snatch it up fast..
I bought my 5th wheel from people in Louisana ( I think that was the state ) I had a person go check it out for me, before sealing the deal and I couldnt be happier with it... He also delivered it for me so people will drive to get what they want bad enough... and make it a great first trip going home!!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #15

Our Scamp has been Sold

Dwight
Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #16

Cool

Thankfully this trailer is sold.

I guess I don't need to say anything else.

Dwight

Tags
scamp