MO SOLD: 2005 BIGFOOT 25B175G Gaucho, $13,750 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot
Missouri
Thanks. I didn't know what to tell him. My brother uses an Ecoboost f150 to tow a 9000 pound stick built and has no trouble. I have no idea how strong the v6 is on a Dakota.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #22

Name: Francois
British Columbia
Registry
yeah well....

Thar Ford technology (Mazda's really) gives some pretty impressive numbers....twin turbos? 325hp out of of 2.6L engine ?!?!?!

sort of complicates the discussion about "Can I tow a BF with a V6?"..don't it? My V6 is 3.7L.....and would NOT tow anything weighing 9000lbs...

EcoBoost is a series of turbocharged, direct-injection gasoline engines produced by Ford and originally co-developed by German company FEV Engineering and Mazda.The Ecoboost 2L and 2.3L are Ford turbocharged versions of the Mazda L engine. EcoBoost engines are designed to deliver power and torque consistent with those of larger-displacement (cylinder volume), naturally aspirated engines, while achieving about 30% better fuel efficiency and 15% fewer greenhouse emissions, according to Ford.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #23

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
Thar Ford technology (Mazda's really) gives some pretty impressive numbers....twin turbos? 325hp out of of 2.6L engine ?!?!?!

sort of complicates the discussion about "Can I tow a BF with a V6?"..don't it? My V6 is 3.7L.....and would NOT tow anything weighing 9000lbs...

EcoBoost is a series of turbocharged, direct-injection gasoline engines produced by Ford and originally co-developed by German company FEV Engineering and Mazda.The Ecoboost 2L and 2.3L are Ford turbocharged versions of the Mazda L engine. EcoBoost engines are designed to deliver power and torque consistent with those of larger-displacement (cylinder volume), naturally aspirated engines, while achieving about 30% better fuel efficiency and 15% fewer greenhouse emissions, according to Ford.
I know right? He gets 14 mpg towing too! If I could afford it I would get one but the Bigfoot is a big enough expense without adding that in the mix.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:55 AM   #24
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
New price (reduction) in the subject line of the original post ($13,750).
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #25

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17’ Liberty
Florida
Gaucho bed size

Can you provide the bed size of the gaucho bed and the dinette?
Thank you,
Bob
Old 09-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #26

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcaldwell0 View Post
Can you provide the bed size of the gaucho bed and the dinette?
Thank you,
Bob
The gaucho made into a bed is 26.5" x 78". I didn't take photos of the dinette made into a bed but I measured 44" x 77.5" when I just checked for you. Let me know if you need anything else. John.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1396899450.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	124535Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_698843536.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	124536
Old 09-14-2018, 01:06 AM   #27

Florida
John
Just to be sure I understand, the gaucho bed can be pulled out to be made into a bed? If so, in the bed position , how wide is the bed?
Thank you,
Bob
Old 09-14-2018, 01:24 AM   #28

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcaldwell0 View Post
John
Just to be sure I understand, the gaucho bed can be pulled out to be made into a bed? If so, in the bed position , how wide is the bed?
Thank you,
Bob
42" wide as a bed with the gaucho. Yes. It slides out into a bed. In the stock configuration you could not open the bathroom door with the gaucho made into a bed. Ours has a folding solid wood door that lets you open and close the door even when the gaucho is deployed as a bed. We also have the stock bathroom door so you can put it back as soon if you want.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_962146426.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	124537
Old 09-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #29

Name: Francois
British Columbia
Registry
yeah, that's better....

when I first saw the 28" number, it didn't sound right....

it's the usual (other than the FB model) BF bedding arrangement: 42" wide deployed....or as I like to call them: generous single bed for one....OR....if you're in your twenties and in lust, it's a double....

that's why there have been so many bed mods in BF 17s....seen lots of great examples/ideas over time....mine was this: the "T-bed" mod in my CB model (uses the dinette table to fill in the area between the fridge and the kitchen)....makes a GIANT bed for the top 42"...then it's 40" wide the rest of the way

"you can't have EVERYTHING...where would you put it?"
Attached Thumbnails
adoneja.jpg   bedmod.jpg  

Old 09-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #30

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
when I first saw the 28" number, it didn't sound right....

it's the usual (other than the FB model) BF bedding arrangement: 42" wide deployed....or as I like to call them: generous single bed for one....OR....if you're in your twenties and in lust, it's a double....

that's why there have been so many bed mods in BF 17s....seen lots of great examples/ideas over time....mine was this: the "T-bed" mod in my CB model (uses the dinette table to fill in the area between the fridge and the kitchen)....makes a GIANT bed for the top 42"...then it's 40" wide the rest of the way

"you can't have EVERYTHING...where would you put it?"
The 28" was with the gaucho closed. I got my pictures mixed up. We really love the trailer but health wise we need a permanent bed. We want to get a 25' so we can.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #31

Florida
Bigfoot questions

John,
A few more questions some due to our limited knowledge of Bigfoots. Is this Bigfoot insulation with heated tanks and are the windows dual pane? Also, what size are the tires and how old are they and when was the wheel bearings inspected and repacked. Do you by chance know the weight and tongue weight of the trailer and are those weights with empty trailer or packed for a trip?
Thank you,
Bob
Old 09-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #32

Missouri
Bob, it DOES NOT have the 4 season package. As for the weights, I will look them up later. I am going to my daughter's wedding rehearsal and I can't right now. I will dig in later tonight and get you the information.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #33

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwill View Post
Bob, it DOES NOT have the 4 season package. As for the weights, I will look them up later. I am going to my daughter's wedding rehearsal and I can't right now. I will dig in later tonight and get you the information.
I believe that they are double but not triple pane like the 4 season package. I will look later. I can say that it takes very little a/c or heat to keep it comfortable. It is well insulated in any case. J.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #34

Name: Mel
Trailer: N/A
Tennessee
Interested

John,

Looks like a very nice trailer! We're interested. Sent you a private message.

Have a great night!
Old 09-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #35

Florida
Escape for sale

John,

I just sent you a PM with contact information.

Thank you,
Bob
Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #36

Missouri
Our camper sold tonight. Thanks so much for all you interest.

Tags
bigfoot