CA SOLD: 2006 Scamp Fifth ( 5th ) Wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

Name: Andreas
Trailer: Scamp
California
SOLD: 2006 Scamp Fifth ( 5th ) Wheel

Please read the entire ad before contacting me with the same questions I already outlined below.

Since you are reading this ad on a fiberglass rv forum, you probably already know about the virtues of these trailers.

The short version is this: It's a leak proof fiberglass shell that only weighs about 2000 lbs and can be towed with a small pickup such as a Tacoma, Ranger, Frontier etc. Since it is fiberglass, there are no leaks or rotten wood in the walls or something like that. It is very easy to maintain, no "roof sealing" necessary as with a traditional Rv / trailer. To me this trailer is the perfect balance in between an easy to tow, low maintenance smaller trailer and still having the amenities and enough inside space of a larger trailer. The only reason we are selling this trailer is that we bought a cabin in our local mountains last year and we are simply not camping enough anymore to justify having a trailer. . .. For a "once a year" camping trip we can just "tent it".

Trailer pulls extremely well, even in high wind conditions. I just got back from a 1500+ mile trip through Utah. . . many stormy conditions along the way, no issue at all. I pulled with my v8 Tundra and could easily cruise at 65 to 75 mph with the trailer (no 55mph speed limit for trailers in UT). The only time I had such an easy time to pull a trailer before was when we had a pop up tent trailer and a Chalet pop up A frame trailer many years ago.

Also spend a lot of cold, sub freezing nights in it. Not an issue at all. . . it's insulated well and the heater cranks.

Trailer easily sleeps my family of two adults and two kids, but on above mentioned recent trip we even slept 3 adults and 2 kids in comfort as my brother was along for the trip. The bench below the main bed folds up into a bunk, that way another person can sleep underneath. Look through the pictures for the ad, you will see a setup with the bench and one as a bunk.

These trailers look retro / vintage, but they are modern in conveniences. Has all the usual things you'd expect from a camping trailer or larger rv including stove, fridge, water system with fresh / grey / black tanks. Shower and toilet. Heater. AC. The stove, the heater and the water system (incl the toilet) we use frequently, so I know they works fine. The fridge and AC I have not turned on since purchasing it, since the fridge is to small for a whole family we always take a big ice chest and we have not camped anywhere with shore power to use the AC.

I have retrofitted the lights with LEDs for less power consumption. The deep cycle battery is 1 month old and has a 2 year warranty.

The tires are near new and the axles have been packed with grease, it is ready to roll. Like I said. . . I just did over 1500 miles with it in the end of March, no problem.

The axle is beefed up and the trailer has a 2 inch lift, so it runs more level with a modern pickup with higher sides.

We bought this trailer from my wife's uncle, so it's always been in the family and we know the service history. My wife's uncle stored the trailer in a big barn / garage at his house out in the IE. We stored outside but always meticulously cleaned it after every trip.

Was always used just for camping trips, never to live in. Never smoked in, no pets inside.

Yes, these trailers are pricey. . . for a used trailer at least. But understand that just like an airstream or similar, they hold their value as long as you keep them up.

Asking 12k. I'm willing to negotiate a little bit and within reason. Please no crazy low ball offers. I have over 13k in the trailer right now. . . so already loosing money at 12k.

Pics are attached

Contact me at andreas90731 [at] gmail.com
replace [at] with @ and remove the spaces, have to put email addy like that because of spam bots.
Attached Thumbnails
arches01.JPG   bench02.JPG  

dinette.JPG   stove.JPG  

Old 10-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp
California
Is this trailer still available?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
This ad is from april

I doubt it is still avail