SOLD: Original PlayPac Hitch-Hut for sale in Southern Indiana! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #21

Name: Tim
Trailer: Looking To Buy
Illinois
It will sell.

A lot of people will bid at the last minute and the price will take off!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #22

Illinois
Uh oh, now I see you changed the starting price. In my opinion thats basically the same as having a reserve.

Nonetheless, good luck this weekend!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #23

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I agree a starting price that high is the same as a reserve,it automatically says that you want $4,500.00 and that may actually scare some people off.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Go for the gamble, starting bid of $100.00 and sell it with no reserve. You will be suprised.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #25

Illinois
If you want the "sure" thing, sell it to the guy who already offered you $4200. If you want to roll the dice and try to get a higher dollar amount then lower your starting price and let the auction run its course.

From a buyers perspective, half the fun is the thrill of the chase...placing a bid and watching the auction knowing the item will sell regardless. A lot of people will bid a little higher just out of pride!

Drop your starting price to $3000 and I'll place the first bid tonight to get the ball rolling!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #26

Trailer: Play Pac Hawaiitch Hut
I see where everyone is coming from regarding this whole reserve price thing and having a higher starting price, but why would I take the chance that it would sell for $1000, when I have an offer from someone in the low $4000 range already. Its a gamble! You may never know how high it will or will not get.

If it sells for what everyobody on here is saying it will sell for, then $4500 might be a deal for someone. All it would take is for one person to bid $4500 and they could be walking away with it. If no one bids on it, then the couple that gave me the other offer will be driving it home, so I'm not going to gamble and let it sell for less than their offer.

In my opinion, if someone is willing to hypothetically bid $5000 on it, why would it matter if they start out at $500 or $4500. This will keep the bidders that will try and lowball it and think they can buy it for nothing out of the equation. That's just my two cents and we'll see what happens. I have someone to fall back on and on a positive note, we don't have to sell it. It has been with us that long, we can hold onto it a little longer!!

None of this is negative toward anyone. I've had a few things on ebay before where I didn't get anywhere near where I wanted to sell something for but those were on smaller less expensive items. I'm just not in the gambling mood!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #27

Tim,

What state are you from? Is that Bloomington, IN?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #28

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
You're right Kurt it is a crazy game,I mostly buy on E bay not sell and a low starting bid seems to spark more interest in me, good reason for the reserve, but like I said earlier sometimes a high starting bid scares people off. If you don't sell it on E bay then you have that offer of $4,200.00 to look at. Still I wish you good luck. Greg.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
You're right Kurt it is a crazy game,I mostly buy on E bay not sell and a low starting bid seems to spark more interest in me, good reason for the reserve, but like I said earlier sometimes a high starting bid scares people off. If you don't sell it on E bay then you have that offer of $4,200.00 to look at. Still I wish you good luck. Greg.
Thanks!!!
Its time to just let it ride and see what happens. Like I always say; If it is meant to happen, it will happen.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #30

Illinois
Bloomington, IL

I think it all comes down to the thrill of a real auction. Someone might be willing to spend $1.00, but the thought of winning the auction for $.99 drives them to spend $1.25 in the end.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #31

Illinois
Any chance of lowering the starting price? How many people are "watching" your auction?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #32

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Somebody just bought a very wonderful unit! Congratulations---hope it stayed here in "the family"!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Nice! Glad you sold it. looked like the winning bidder was determined to get it, he bid 3 times in a row as to not get out bid at the last second.