Trillium 4500 cushion covers wanted - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
I need to replace the cushion covers for my new-to-me Trillium 4500. Is there anything available out there or is this a custom job? If it's a custom job can anyone recommend someplace that could do this inexpensively...
Old 08-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
I need to replace the cushion covers for my new-to-me Trillium 4500. Is there anything available out there or is this a custom job? If it's a custom job can anyone recommend someplace that could do this inexpensively...

Hi Mark,
Congratulations on your Trillium 4500! I found mine 5 years ago here in Michigan. My wife, Son, and I love it! I own a 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe with 2 rooms via (bi-fold door) and fully self-contained Bathroom with pocketed love-seat/card table up front and my RV Queen size bed and full size drop down bunk bed in the rear. I also have a window in my entry door. What do you have in yours? As far as the cushions go, my wife did not like the original orange/brown plaid, plus the foam was pretty shot. We found a local woman that used our old cushions as a deplete and used a "High-Density Foam" and new zip cushion covers. For the long run this will another 30 years. If your Foam is O.K. then you could for now just replace the covers only to save money. If there is anythingelse I can help you with, let me know.
Dave in Michigan
Old 08-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Here's my trailer.

http://www.woytovich.com/camper/camper.html

It has a window in the door too... (I assumed they all did...). Are there pics posted of your rear upper bunk? That sounds interesting.

Yesterday I got new foam cut for free from a family friend that has a business making restaurant booths etc... can't beat free. I downsized the foam to 3" except on the front bumk top where I went to 2". My thinking is that in a small trailer every inch counts. For the front top bunk, given the way it folds down into a seat back, the thinner foam should give me more bottom front-to-back space when it's down (by 2") When it's up it'll only ever be a child or small/light adult sleeping up there so the thinner foam hopefully won't be a problem.

I sat on the 3" foam and it's ok. Laying on the 3" foam is fine too. I hope my thinking on this works out to be ok...

We bought some cool retro-ish fabric at IKEA last weekend - my wife is going to sew up new covers.

Pics when it's done...

Mark
Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi Mark,
Fast reply! I can e-mail you some photos if you like. I have tried attaching photos before, and not having any luck!
All trilliums do not have a window in the door, that was a Deluxe Feature. So yours sleeps 4 with the small bunk in the front..right? Where mine sleeps 4 with my set-up in the back and the Bathroom upfront where your bunk is.
Dave

Tags
trillium