CT UHAUL 13 CT almost ready in CT $3500 OBO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #1

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
Smile UHAUL 13 CT almost ready in CT $3500 OBO

I've been spending time and effort sprucing up my 1984 Uhaul. I'd like to do some camping in May before I put it on the market on or about June 1. I live near Hartford, CT and was excited to find this little rascal in New Jersey. It's in pretty good shape overall. Any interest out there in FGRV-Land?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
If you can post pictures and a proposed price range, it may attract a few more folks.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Keep it a little longer, we will have ours at Rocky Neck state park in CT the last two weeks of June. Come on down
Old 04-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Connecticut
Rocky Neck is on my short list of places to camp this season. With gas at $4 and rising it's nice not to stray too far from home. Hope to see you there. I hope I can find you in that vast array of thirteen foot Uhauls LOL.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #5

Connecticut
Hey, thanks KEVIN A. for the thought. You are SO right about the pics and price. She's really not up yet, though. I just thought I'd "run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes" at this point. These little Uhauls are as rare as hen's teeth in the Northeast. Hoping there's some interest. Mine is pretty much "box stock" with NO mods. I'm getting new rubber this week and would like to get some camping in before I put her up around June 1 or so.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Why are you selling her? Didnt you just get her?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #7

New York
Our daughter lives in New London, and spends 2 or 3 weeks at Rocky Neck every year, Crane circle. She said last summer there was a Uhaul in the next site to hers. Didn't talk to the owners, and don't know where they were from. Bob
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kristan View Post
Hey, thanks KEVIN A. for the thought. You are SO right about the pics and price. She's really not up yet, though. I just thought I'd "run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes" at this point. These little Uhauls are as rare as hen's teeth in the Northeast. Hoping there's some interest. Mine is pretty much "box stock" with NO mods. I'm getting new rubber this week and would like to get some camping in before I put her up around June 1 or so.

Good luck! You'll find a new owner soon because UHaul made great little trailers.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #9

Connecticut
Hey Melissa. Yep, just got her in N.J. Hard to explain. I got the fever and it was one of the very, very few I had seen online in the Northeast. So, I jumped. Working on her I realized (yet once again) that my age and disability are quite real. I think I'm being forced to revise my definition of "camping" to staying at a Red Roof.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #10

Connecticut
Hey Mary and Bob. Hmmmmmmm. Yes, there are VERY few around here. I have NEVER seen another one in my travels.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #11

Connecticut
Melissa...BTW I also suffer from TMT syndrome. Too Many Trailers. It's true--ask my wife--she'll tell you. O.K., so I have a problem.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #12

ROFL, That's a good one, TMT!! I only see the one in trailer listed in your profile so you must be a closet collector, LOL!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #13

Connecticut
Hey Melissa in FLORIDA. I didn't think I should dignify my 8 foot utility trailer and my homebuilt faux teardrop in my profile. Plus, I can hide the utility trailer behind the brush pile and stick the faux on the side of the house (out of her sight) BUT the Uhaul: That's a horse of a different color. It's hard to hide that big fiberglass bubble. BTW I enjoyed over a month in your state touring and camping last winter. Yay! Florida State Parks! My favorite is Rainbow Springs. I never tire of watching Anhingas drying their wings in the sun. Fort DeSoto down near Tampa is also very cool. The marauding raccoons were impressive.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #14

New York
Joseph: I know of two others at least in CT, one in Ma near us, one in central NY that was bought in MA last year. Too many trailers, never heard of that, we have three campers, the Uhaul, a vintage teardrop, and a popup, plus 5 other utility trailers, one of them a '46 Bantam, and another is a Coleman Versa that was only made for a couple years in the '80's. Mary thinks we should sell the popup, but we have had it since 1977 so I don't want to part with it. Bob
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #15

Oh JoJo those other trailers dont count! Only Fiberglass ones, LOL. Maybe you could sell that one to your wife. What about hiding the Uhaul and getting rid of one of the others? She didnt specify which trailer had to go right???

Glad you enjoyed your stay in our lovely state. We have yet to visit the parks you mentioned as they are difficult to get into over the winter and we hate the heat during summer, lol. They are on our list so glad to hear they will be worth it when we do make it in.

Melissa
Old 04-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #16

Connecticut
Oh yeah, that's right--I'm retired. I'd usually camped mid-week and the nice campground people would have me leave for the weekenders coming in with reservations. I must say, I AM a snowbird and don't think I could tolerate Florida summer heat.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #17

Connecticut
Hmmmmmm. "Hide the Uhaul". Now why didn't I think of that.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #18

Name: Geoff
Trailer: Serro Scotty
Connecticut
I'm in Fairfield, CT. I have a Serro Scotty that I'm in the process of finishing and selling, and I'm looking to get a fiberglass trailer. Please let me know if you have any pics, and what price range you're considering.

Thanks,
Geoff
Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Keep it a little longer, we will have ours at Rocky Neck state park in CT the last two weeks of June. Come on down
good luck getting a site there if you haven't already....they book a year ahead alot
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #20

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Kristan View Post
Hey Mary and Bob. Hmmmmmmm. Yes, there are VERY few around here. I have NEVER seen another one in my travels.
I'm near Mystic....there was another down the road for sale but I seen its gone now.....maybe someone on the forums grabbed it.

Tags
uhaul