Vintage Trillium Owners Manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Hey there vintage Trillium owners !!! Just found a manual up for bid on Ebay !!! Check it out Item number: 290130808822. Maybe it's the missing piece someone needs...
Happy trails , Mitch
Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Hey Everyone.. I bought this "copy" of the original manual on ebay about 2 months ago.
I've been looking for an original for almost 2 years with no luck finding one this came up for auction, Its Perfect for any resto or info needed.. Especially on the duo-therm furnace.
The shipping was super fast....If you need one this is the one. Josh In So.Cal
Old 11-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
My 1976 Trillium came with the original owner's manual and full colour sales brochure. I will scan and PDF it for inclusion to the site if it's needed.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
They're not original, but PDFs of originals and better than nothing for those that don't have one.... from the Document Center: Trillium Manuals
Old 11-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
My 1976 Trillium came with the original owner's manual and full colour sales brochure. I will scan and PDF it for inclusion to the site if it's needed.
Hi Paul, as an owner of a 1976 Trillium who didn't get either of those documents, I would be very happy if you would do that for us.

Thanks very much!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #6

Quote:
They're not original, but PDFs of originals and better than nothing for those that don't have one.... from the Document Center: Trillium Manuals
Does anyone else get "Error processing object..." message when opening the English Trillium Manual?
I took a look at the manual on the site here and it seems the first page in the PDF causes an error and ends up blank. I went to open it just now and it froze my machine - although my machine is ancient, (about 3 years old).
Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #7

I just opened it. You need Adobe Reader 6, at a minimum to open it. Try right-clicking on the link .... "Save As" rather than trying to open it across the internet. It's a 1.4 meg file, if you're on dialup, unfortunately it may take a while to download.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Does anyone else get "Error processing object..." message when opening the English Trillium Manual?
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #9

OK, Took a visit to the The Trailer and discovered they are not owner's manuals I have but Sales Brochures. I have use of a large 11x17 Flat Bed Scanner and will start scanning at work tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:58 AM   #10

Trailer: Trillium 4500
This is a MS Word file of the manual I bought from eBay.
I scanned and used an OCR program on the text.
The site won't let a doc file upload. go figure.
If someone can tell me how I'd be happy to put it in the document center.

Warranty
Trillium Recreational Vehicles limited warrants each Trillium Trailer to be free from defects caused by faulty workmanship or materials under normal use and service for a period of 12 months after the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser from an authorized dealer.
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and only if the warranty registration card is returned within thirty (30) days of purchase. The obligation under this warranty shall be limited to making good any part or parts thereof at our factory, or by a dealer specifically authorized by Trillium Recreational Vehicles Limited.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied and all other obligations or liabilities on our part of any kind or character including liabilities for alleged representations or negligence. We neither assume nor authorize any other person to assume for us any liability in connection with the sale of our trailers, other than expressed in the above paragraph.
This warranty shall not apply to any trailer which shall have been altered outside our factory in any way so as, in our judgment to affect its CSA and RVIA Certificate, stability or reliability, or which has been subject to misuse, negligence or accident. Tires, propane equipment, heaters, stoves, axles, refrigerators, chassis and suspensions which are manufactured by companies other than Trillium Recreational Vehicles Limited, are excluded from this Warranty and are covered by the separate warranties or guarantees issued by the manufacturers of such parts.
All correspondence with the manufacturer or authorized dealer must specify the serial number of the trailer in question.

Trillium Recreational Vehicles Limited, 25 Heritage Road, Markham, Ontario L3P 1M3

Thank you for selecting a Trillium for your new travel trailer. We welcome you into the ever increasing family of happy Trillium owners across Canada and the United States. This Canadian designed and built travel trailer is made entirely of molded fiberglass and designed to give you many years of enjoyable trailering and camping with very little maintenance.
This booklet is to acquaint you with various functions, operations, and maintenance procedures related to your new Trillium. For any additional information or optional equipment, please contact your dealer or feel free to write to us at the factory.

Keys
Your new Trillium comes with two keys for the door. Please record the number for speedy replacement from the factory.
My key number. is ______________________
Water System
The Trillium comes with a dual water system for your convenience. To use the city water tap, simply attach a garden hose to the outside fixture marked
"City Water", and turn the tap on and off as required. The 12-gallon water tank is filled through the outside fixture marked "Water Tank". To keep your water and tank clean, make sure to insert the plastic plug in the water tank fill fixture. Water is pumped from this tank by activating the rocker pump mounted next to the kitchen sink.
For winter storage, the tank must be drained by opening the valve at the rear of the tank. The water line should also be cleared by activating the pump until no more water comes out. A bit of anti-freeze should be poured down the sink drain to keep the trap from freezing.
Propane System
Your Trillium is equipped with a 20 lb gas cylinder which must be filled with propane gas only. Periodic checks for leaks should be made with a soapy water solution only. Instructions for the optional heater and refrigerator come with the individual units. Please note that the Trillium is very tightly sealed. Whenever the stove is in operation, the roof vent and a window must be opened to maintain a constant supply of fresh air. To ensure proper refrigerator operation on the gas system, the trailer must be level.

Electrical System
The standard model Trillium comes with a dual lighting system, drawing 12-volt power from the car and 110-volt power through the 25 ft. power cord.
12 Volt:
All Trilliums, except some early models, have a fuse located in the front storage compartment where the wiring harness enters. It protects the interior lights and optional refrigerator circuitry from overloading. Do not replace this fuse with one greater than 20 amps. The lights in this system come with the proper bulbs installed as per the chart below. The interior lights should operate regardless of whether or not the car is running. Each Trillium comes with the car connector which should be wired as follows:
Color of Auto. Replacement
Terminal Function' Bulb number
White' Ground
Black Interior Lights 1141
Green Running (Clearance) lights 1895
Brown. Right Turn Indicator 1157
Red left Turn Indicator 1157
Yellow (Cent) Foreign Brake Lights (Optional) 1141
Blue Optional Electric Brakes
Every Trillium has a spare wire (color-yellow) in the wiring harness for the purpose of adapting a separate stop light circuit if your car is so equipped (import cars).
If your new Trillium is equipped with a Refrigerator, be careful not to run it very long on 12-volt without the car running, as it will run down the battery in about three hours.
110 Volt: This system is protected by a 15 AMP circuit breaker located below the heater (or storage compartment under sink). There are two outlets provided for your convenience located under the table on the left rear seat, and in the kitchen area adjacent to the sink. The light under the kitchen cabinet must not be fitted with bulbs of greater than 60 watts or the plastic diffuser will distort under the heat.
Convenience Package Power Converter: If your Trillium is equipped with this optional package, you will note that instead of the circuit breaker box, a power converter is located in its place. The converter changes 11O-Volt A.C. current into 12-Volt D.C. power. As a result, all the interior lights are operable in a
campground without drawing from the car battery. At the same time, all lights are operational through the car when "out in the wild". It is only necessary to move the switch from "BATT" to "TRANS" position or vice versa.
The 12-Volt circuit is protected by a fuse located on the right side of the converter. The 11O-Volt circuitry is protected by a resettable breaker on the left side. If your Trillium is equipped with a refrigerator, it is not intended that it runs on 12-Volt power from the converter.
Maintenance
Interior: The soft insulation covering the interior of your new Trillium is a vinyl laminated PVC foam rubber developed for the aerospace industry. This material has been specially color coordinated for the Trillium and can be cleaned with an ordinary soap and water solution.
In extremes of temperature the molding which covers the ceiling seams may expand or contract and buckle at the joints. It can easily be returned to its original condition by removing it and placing it in some hot water. It can then be stretched and replaced and shouldn't shrink again.
In order to keep in step with today’s trends and current tastes in our color coordinated interiors, we periodically change our upholstery and drapery fabrics. Should you find it necessary to clean your drapes and cushion fabrics, it would be advisable to check with a reputable cleaner as to method of cleaning particularly since some materials must be dry cleaned.
Please note that the front window drapes are shorter than the rear to clear the bunk bed. The window screens can be easily removed by pushing them up at the top, then pulling out the bottom.
During certain times of the year when the outside air could be very cool, moisture may accumulate on windows or other cooler interior surfaces. Generally, this condensation occurs during cooking or on very humid days, and can be controlled by opening the roof vent or a window which allows the hot humid air to escape.
Exterior: The Trillium's structure is of molded fiberglass with the color permanently bonded into it. A once-a-year coat of wax will preserve its beautiful finish indefinitely. Nothing needs to be done to the exterior for winter storage. If stored outside, do not cover the Trillium with any type of plastic sheet, as the sun's ultra-violet
rays might cause the color to fade. To remove stubborn road tar and grease, the best results will be obtained by using gasoline, varsol, or a gentle rubbing compound.
Should your Trillium become damaged in any way, it can easily be repaired by most dealers or a good fiberglass boat repair shop.
Chassis
Your Trillium sits on a computer designed and tested frame and a patented Rub-R-Ride independent suspension system. The wheels, tires, spindles and bearings are the same as used in the automotive industry to ensure long life, low maintenance, and ease of replacement. The wheel nuts should be checked upon delivery for tightness and at 500 and 1,000 miles. The wheel bearings are greased at the factory and require repacking every 10,000 miles. In the event of a flat tire, the trailer can be jacked up under any part of the frame, but never on the fiberglass structure. A locking pin or a small nut and bolt can be inserted in the coupler latch to be doubly sure that the coupler does not accidentally open.
Your Trillium travel trailer has been designed and built to meet or exceed all the requirements of the Canadian Standards Association and the American Recreation Vehicle Industry Association standards. We take great pride in displaying the CSA and RVIA Seals along with the "Seal of Excellence" on the side of the Trillium. We are sure that you will enjoy many years of carefree camping with your new Trillium.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #11

Ah thanks Dan, but we already have the Trillium Manual in the Document Center...and English version and French version. I just opened them both up.

Is what you're trying to provide something other than that???

And no, Word documents aren't uploadable to FiberglassRV. Word documents are not very good for sharing, see this site for more information:
Why does the appearance (or layout) of my document change when I open it on a different machine?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #12

There's a small Trillium Trailer group that has the brochures scanned.

If you need a 1974, 1977 or 1979 brochure, check this out (I don't know if you need to be a member )

Trillium Travel Trailers - Under Construction

Tags
trillium