WANTED any parts, any broken Bargman L-400 L400 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Hi All,
I'm looking for any Bargman L-400 L400 parts... My lock still kinda works and I'd like to salvage it if possible. I don't want to hack up the door to fit a Bargman L-300.... I know this one is going to be tough but I thought I'd give it a try.

Got my fingers crossed............
Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Hi All,
I'm looking for any Bargman L-400 L400 parts... My lock still kinda works and I'd like to salvage it if possible. I don't want to hack up the door to fit a Bargman L-300.... I know this one is going to be tough but I thought I'd give it a try.

Got my fingers crossed............

Have you tried a locksmith? Also they have rv salvage yards maybe place a call into one of them...locks have lots of similar parts so maybe this might help..also what part is broken...the tumbler? are the pins missing? springs?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Have you tried a locksmith? Also they have rv salvage yards maybe place a call into one of them...locks have lots of similar parts so maybe this might help..also what part is broken...the tumbler? are the pins missing? springs?

Two things:
I lock the lock, then say I drive down the highway, by the time I get to my next stop the door is unlocked?

The inside handle just spins and doesn't open the door?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Two things:
I lock the lock, then say I drive down the highway, by the time I get to my next stop the door is unlocked?

The inside handle just spins and doesn't open the door?
About the handle spinning around on the inside...that sounds like a missing "c" ring ( I think that is what they call it...(shaped like the letter c slips around the part that hold the handle in....) hummmmmm I wonder if you can get a parts list from the original maker of the lock that shows the internal working mechanisms just to give you an idea of what it is that might have wiggled loose....I would try and find a locksmith still and ask their opinion of if its worth trying to fix..they might be so kind as to open it up and see what is missing..locks are not terribly complicated so I bet they could fix it pretty fast..just a thought hope this helps
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #5

Thank you I'll try that....

Tags
l-400