Wanted: Blackwater Holding Tank for 17' Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
I need to replace the blackwater holding tank in my 1978 Boler 17. Anyone know where I can get one?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I had a custom tank made by George’s Custom Plastics Inc http://www.geocustomplastic.com/index.htm George did a great job on the tank

It was about 13 gallons, 3/8 inch thick and darn near armor plated. It cost $250 including shipping.

If you remove and sketch your tank, George can make a heavy duty copy. You may loose a little capacity because it may be thicker but it is a great tank!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
I need to replace the blackwater holding tank in my 1978 Boler 17. Anyone know where I can get one?
What Thane said.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
Quote:
I had a custom tank made by George’s Custom Plastics Inc http://www.geocustomplastic.com/index.htm George did a great job on the tank

It was about 13 gallons, 3/8 inch thick and darn near armor plated. It cost $250 including shipping.

If you remove and sketch your tank, George can make a heavy duty copy. You may loose a little capacity because it may be thicker but it is a great tank!

Thanks Thane

That is a great tip! We have removed and sketched the tank. We took the tank to an RV Dealer in Moncton. He was able to source a new threaded fitting for us and has ordered it in. There is a gentleman here that does professional plastic welding for many of the local fish plants. Once we get the part we are going to see if he can weld it in. The tank itself is still in good shape. Hopefully this will solve the problem but if not I will contact George's.

Dwight

Tags
boler