wanted Scamp Lens tail light lens cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 77 Scamp

would love to locate 1977 scamp taillight lens cover

Well of course I broke mine trying to find a leak (don't ask) and now I find out they are obsolete......of course they are ....so I could go buy new tail lights entirely, patch the old holes, wire in the new ones and potentially make new spots for water to come in....OR hopefully somebody took of their old taillights and just happen to have the lenscover waiting nearby handy ready to ship off to just the right person......Promise I'll take good care of the new one......
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Brandy... What style/ brand are they??? Do you have a pic. of one??? Vintage trailer supply has a few reproduction styles of the old lenses...bargman& reflect o lite with pic's.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 01-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Brandy, I owe you. If it's the "wedding cake" style you need, send me a PM and we'll arrange shipping. Do you need the one for the license plate or the other one? I'm swapping mine for LEDs!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Try this site
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/..._p/vts-529.htm

Name:   VTS_529_2T.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  7.2 KB
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #5

Square reflect-o lite.......310-350 photo include 5 9/16 X 5 9/16.....if you have it I swear I profess my love for you and you alone!!!!!!!

Quote:
Brandy, I owe you. If it's the "wedding cake" style you need, send me a PM and we'll arrange shipping. Do you need the one for the license plate or the other one? I'm swapping mine for LEDs!
Attached Thumbnails
tail_lite.jpg  
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Brandy... OUCH!!! Maybe "Crazy Glue" would work.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Square reflect-o lite.......310-350 photo include 5 9/16 X 5 9/16.....if you have it I swear I profess my love for you and you alone!!!!!!!
The ones I have are round. Sorry I can't help Brandy. Guess they'll stay on my trailer another day....
Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #8

Actually 5 1/2 by 5 1/2..............my bad........anyone???

Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #9

RV Corner - Listing of Salvage Yards, etc

I know Walt's would have it...a gigantic Candy Store of used RV parts:
Walts RV Supplies
16616 Valley Blvd
Fontana, CA 92335
909-823-0563
Old 01-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
[b]In the short term, I think Alf has the right idea.

From my observations, your tail lights may not be original to your trailer. Donna's would be. My speculation is that a previous owner had a similar accident to what you recently experienced. The round style fixtures that used to be ubiquitous to all travel trailers in the '70s were not available at the previous owner's local auto parts store, but those [b]generic utility trailer fixtures were. They changed out the whole fixture for both tail lights, because it was easier to get something that was locally available cheap.

You might want to go a similar route... Look in WalMart or Pep Boys or Kragen's. But you may not find the exact same lens,

OR, if you want that original Scamp look, buy Donna's.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #11

great question...but I'm not sure...I can find no other holes to indicate that there was a previous kind of tail light installed.......

Quote:
[b]In the short term, I think Alf has the right idea.

From my observations, your tail lights may not be original to your trailer. Donna's would be. My speculation is that a previous owner had a similar accident to what you recently experienced. The round style fixtures that used to be ubiquitous to all travel trailers in the '70s were not available at the previous owner's local auto parts store, but those [b]generic utility trailer fixtures were. They changed out the whole fixture for both tail lights, because it was easier to get something that was locally available cheap.

You might want to go a similar route... Look in WalMart or Pep Boys or Kragen's. But you may not find the exact same lens,

OR, if you want that original Scamp look, buy Donna's.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Brandy's square tail lights would be original...........my family had a '77 Scamp back in 1980 and it had the square tail lights and I believe rectangle side marker lights. Good luck on your search.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #13

Okay took your suggestion....glued it and it went back together quite nicley......now if anyone still wants to keep an eye out eventually I would prefer an unbroken one .....keep your eyes peeled and let me know!!!!!! Thanks Alf not a bad fix don't know why gluing it never occured to me originally..

Quote:
Old 01-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Okay took your suggestion....glued it and it went back together quite nicley......now if anyone still wants to keep an eye out eventually I would prefer an unbroken one .....keep your eyes peeled and let me know!!!!!! Thanks Alf not a bad fix don't know why gluing it never occured to me originally..

Brandy, I have a tail lens cover that matches yours that you can have. I just replaced all the lights on my 1977 scamp with new led lights. I checked your photo and it matches the ones from mine. I'm pretty new to this site, so not really sure about how messaging works. If you can message me with contact info, we can get this in the mail to you this week. John Hunt.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #15

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo.......I knew I could count on you guys to pull thru....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!..........I will message you with my personal info John Thanks again I was only going to to minimally happy with the repaired version ...oh happy day!!!!!

Quote:
Brandy, I have a tail lens cover that matches yours that you can have. I just replaced all the lights on my 1977 scamp with new led lights. I checked your photo and it matches the ones from mine. I'm pretty new to this site, so not really sure about how messaging works. If you can message me with contact info, we can get this in the mail to you this week. John Hunt.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #16

I love it when a plan comes together
Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Donna, have you already taken your wedding cake lights off? If so how much bigger is the hole behind them that the new LED's do not cover.

I am thinking of changing mine as well but worry that the hole behind may be a lot bigger than what the newer ones will cover and I am not sure I am any good at filling. :-)

Carol
Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #18

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

Quote:
Brandy's square tail lights would be original...........my family had a '77 Scamp back in 1980 and it had the square tail lights and I believe rectangle side marker lights. Good luck on your search.
See how I learn stuff?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Donna, have you already taken your wedding cake lights off? If so how much bigger is the hole behind them that the new LED's do not cover.
Carol, they're still on the trailer. Even if the holes do match up, I plan on filling with Magnum Marine/Plastic Fiberglass Repair. It's a two-part putty, you cut off a chunk with a knife and knead the pieces together until all one color (kinda off white), roll into a sausage and jam it in the hole. It's waterproof, sandable and paintable. Very easy to use. I used it in the holes in the front when I took the Stinky Slinky tube off the front of the Scamp. I want the new LEDs to have something solid to grip into. This stuff is available at Lowes and Ace Hardware (at least), I've bought it at both places. About $4 a tube.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #20

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Carol, they're still on the trailer. Even if the holes do match up, I plan on filling with Magnum Marine/Plastic Fiberglass Repair. It's a two-part putty, you cut off a chunk with a knife and knead the pieces together until all one color (kinda off white), roll into a sausage and jam it in the hole. It's waterproof, sandable and paintable. Very easy to use. I used it in the holes in the front when I took the Stinky Slinky tube off the front of the Scamp. I want the new LEDs to have something solid to grip into. This stuff is available at Lowes and Ace Hardware (at least), I've bought it at both places. About $4 a tube.
Thanks Donna for the info will have a look and see if I can find it up in my end of the world. Funny the reason I haven't taken my broken Stinky Slinky holder off is I was worried about what to do with the holes!!! Did you need to paint the holes left over from the Stinky? If so what did you use to match?

Thanks for the info - need all the good advise I can get on the home handy man department.

Carol

Tags
lighting, scamp, tail lights