Anyone else Knit? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #41

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Hi Shelly and Lil!

Isn't it fun to have all things woolie to play with during the winter?!? A friend and I spent a lovely hour cruising a small LYS just a couple of days ago. It was as refreshing as a trip through the local garden shop's greenhouse!

Ah, but Lil, you've got the perfect set-up :-) If you've got a website for your shop, would you please post it?

I just finished up a sweater for The Dad, a vest for The Nephew, and am finishing The Second Sock ... THEN I can return to a really cool sweater for me (I'm using patterns from Barbara Walker's "Mosaic knitting" :-)).

Teach me to spin, okay?
Maggie
Old 01-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #42

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Hi, Lil M and Maggie, Yes Lil M please tell me where its at, if i ever get up that way again i would love to stop in! My UFO are out of control. I gotta get a handle on them. If for nothing else but to makes some scarves or dish rags to donate to the church fundraiser.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #43

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Shelly and Maggie,
We just got back from a trip to Utah. Managed to get two projects finished when I wasn't driving. Still leaves me with all my other UFO's. Oh well.

Shelly, my shop is called At Loose Ends (it's a state of mind for me ) in Perham, MN or welcome to at loose ends where I am SOLE proprietor and wearer of MANY hats. The fiber business is not high profit. More like a labor of love.

Maggie, spinning is like patting your head, rubbing your belly and tapping your foot all at the same time. If a student plays piano or organ, they seem to have an easier time. But if you don't, take heart. A nationally known instructor, Patzy Z., said it took her a full three weeks to get the technique down. I love the meditative nature of spinning. That's why I ended up teaching myself to knit...I had built up baskets full of lovely yarns that I needed to use in something, and weaving didn't use it up quick enough.

Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #44

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Lil, i am impressed, you can knit while riding in a car? I get motion sick and have to give up. Your shop looks cute! I have no coordination so it sounds like i may never try to spin! I have a friend who is a spinner and she is having a knit night, i am hoping to start going this week. Will defiantely stop in if i ever get up that way.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #45

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
yes my wife is a "knit wit" too. she always has a project going.
she also weaves. and machine knits too.

her current thing is" yarn bombing".
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #46

Name: Karen
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
I am a knitter a weaver and a fiber farmer in mn
Kaakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #47

Name: emily
Trailer: 2010 SCAMP
Georgia
I knit and crochet, but don't have a camper yet...still looking and learning.

Emily
pageleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #48

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Hi! I'm a knitter but I spin more than I knit and I felt (old style using loose wool that is not knitted) even more than I spin. I occasionally weave. I collect antique spinning wheels and I'm learning to repair them. I'm on Rav, same name as here. Good to meet all you fellow fibery eggers.
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #49

Registry
Hi Kaakre ... What kind of fiber are you a farmer of ? I've never had the opportunity to knit with anything other than a variety of sheepy wools . All in good time, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaakre View Post
I am a knitter a weaver and a fiber farmer in mn
Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #50

Registry
Hi and Happy Spring, Loyce!

One day I'm going to find a spinner who is nearby to watch and learn from ... OR and VT are a tad far apart, otherwise I'd hover around you for a day or two .

Loose wool felting, eh? To make material that is then made into an object? Tell us more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyce View Post
Hi! I'm a knitter but I spin more than I knit and I felt (old style using loose wool that is not knitted) even more than I spin. I occasionally weave. I collect antique spinning wheels and I'm learning to repair them. I'm on Rav, same name as here. Good to meet all you fellow fibery eggers.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #51

Oregon
Registry
Making felted vests

Here are picture of a vest making class I taught.

I'm sure there are spinners in Vermont that would love to addict, eh I mean show how to spin. Take a look at Ravelry, it's a large on-line community of knitter's, spinners. there is even a forum for Sisters on the Fly that knit.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #52

Registry
O.M.G. That work is nothing short of stunning. I had no idea.
I'm Maggins on Ravelry, but haven't posted my FOs in quite a while. I'll go take a look for you ... and for Sisters on the fly .
Old 03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #53

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
I also am a knitter although I'm pretty slow at it, I think. I spin too, but drop spindle. It would be wonderful to have a rally for knitters/needleworkers/crafters some time! Just FYI, the Estes Park, Colorado wool market is June 8 and 9 this year. Not to be missed if you are close.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #54

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Loyce, your vests are just beautiful! Karen (kaakre) & I have a friend who creates vests with fiber as well.
Shirley, Estes Park Wool Market sounds like fun. Someday I'd like to make it there. Maybe when I have a vehicle that could make it through the mountains pulling my Scamp.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #55

Name: Tonja
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
North Dakota
I knit, crochet, sew, quilt with a tad of spinning...but knitting is the thing I always come back to. Love finding new yarn shops when I travel as we don't have one in our town - so Ravelry is my yarn shop in the sky...
ndquiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #56

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
Yeah for knitters! Beautiful stuff you all have made. I've been at it 6 months and have unraveled 3 times as much as I have knit. But have succeeded in finishing one scarf, two hats and a pair of fingerless mittens. I'm working on a pattern cowl and a fingerling yarn set of fingerless mittens. I do plan to bring the knitting with me while we are hanging out at the campsite. I am the trailer drivers, so there won't be any knitting behind the wheel!
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #57

Name: Tonja
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
North Dakota
I take my knitting everywhere...can't knit and drive but I knit while standing in line anywhere...and will take it camping too!!
ndquiltlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #58

Oregon
Registry
I always take a knitting and a spinning project with me when camping or traveling. That way I have fewer excuses to buy more yarn when away from home. Of course I can stop and window shop at yarn shops (or fabric or antique shops or art galleries or...) as I drive by.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #59

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
I also always have a few projects on the go. my favourites of the moment are 'plarn' tote bags. I also crotchet net bags that can be used for the beach or a laundry bags in our Humpty Dumpty, they take up very little room when empty and stretch to hold lots.
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #60

Name: Karen
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie R. View Post
Hi Kaakre ... What kind of fiber are you a farmer of ? I've never had the opportunity to knit with anything other than a variety of sheepy wools . All in good time, eh?
I have angora goats sheep and llamas been raising them for years
Kaakre is offline   Reply With Quote