ATVs, Dirt Bikes and Other OHVs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #1

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
I may be pushing 70 but I an still an avid ATV rider.
IT"S time to have an OHV get together. We just have to figure where we are going to have it.
I know several places hear at Lake Isabella and in the Mojave Dessert.
I don't know if they are convenient for all that would like to attend.
The nice thing about BLM land is it's considered dispersed camping and there is no charge.
We will need to bring all water and wood for a fire and fuel for the machines.
If your interested lets get this going.
I broke my right wrist early last summer and had surgery on it Dec. 31 so I am now ready to go riding.
If you would like to help or have any ideas let me know.
John Perry
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Hey Perry,
Enjoy some ATV riding myself, I have an old Honda Odyssey that is a lot of fun and goes just about anywhere a quad does. My family actually goes camping & ATVing north of Mojave, near Red Rock Cyn State Park, every summer around Memorial Day. We also go other times as well, when the weather's nice and whoever can get away...
I'm the only FGRV member in my family crowd, but new friends are always welcome, FYI...

Personally I would love to see who all on the site here are also ATVers as well as fiberglass folks. I know there's plenty of fiberglass involved in many ATVs, fenders & fascia & all...

Anyway, keep me posted of any developments with this rally idea, would love to be involved!

Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I sold my Honda 400EX when I went full time, but I love camping where off roading is going on! I would be an attendee if it were to be put together, toy or no. I would love to see where you all ride. I rode at Glamis (the dunes) mostly, but the Superstition Mountains in the Imperial Valley is also great riding and where I spend my winter months. I will watch and see for developments.
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
glad to see there are other off-road people on here..
Our whole family races motocross and my daughter loves riding her ATV

http://picasaweb.google.com/punderwood86
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Before I traded in the F150 for a Flex (for the mileage bump), once or twice a year I'd load the Honda into the bed, hook up the trailer and off to upper lower Michigan (probably only in Michigan does that last bit make any sense). Michigan has some great trails.

When the EcoBoost comes to the F150 I expect I'll be back to trying to carry practically every thing I own on camping trips.

At 60 it's good to know I have at least 10 years more ATV-ing to look forward to.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
Great to see other FGRVers who are ATVers also, maybe we'll have a Rally that combines the two interests sometime soon huh? YAY! hehehe

Joe
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Great to see other FGRVers who are ATVers also, maybe we'll have a Rally that combines the two interests sometime soon huh? YAY! hehehe

Joe
that would be cool..

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4449.JPG  
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #8

It's great to learn there are other OHV users in the group.
It's one of the best family sports I can think of. I'm sure Phil will agree.
If anyone has any ideas let me know.
I'm thinking of taking a quick trip to the Southern Arizona desert before it becomes to hot.
If anyone has any idea of a good area between Blythe and Phoenix let me know. I've never ridden in Arizona before.
John
Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #9

update
It hauls 3 motorcycles and one 4 wheeler
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5074.JPG  
Old 05-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #10

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
I too am an off roader. I used to race Supermoto but really like to trail ride. Currently I'm way into mountain biking and the trail bikes have sat. My next trip I plan to take my plated 550 Husaberg for me and a plated XR100 for her. I'm hoping to get out in the desert soon, before it gets too hot.

Enjoy!
kyle minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #11

Heading out to the desert myself Memorial Day weekend with family, it's our yearly family reunion/ATV trip. It's dusty & dirty, but fun to ride, see everybody, and just have a good relaxing trip! And I'm the ONLY person with a fiberglass rig! hehe
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #12

we just got home from a fun day of motocross racing

Dad got 3rd place
Mom got second
Cody " 6 year old got 2nd"
and our daughter took all the pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/punderwood86/M...eMXPark5162010#
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #13

Trailer: Trail Michigante
I'm all about two wheels. I'm a bicycle event promoter with a long background on motorcycles too. A few weeks ago I spent Saturday racing in the Lemurian Classic mountain bike race at Whiskeytown Lake, CA., the next day I rode the 100-miler at the Chico Wildflower event, then spent Monday in Weaverville on my Suzuki inspecting some of the trails we'll use for next weekend's mountain bike races, and I did a little exploring of some other trails with an eye toward adding them to future events.

A fellow at a gas station looked at my rig and commented "There's a lot of fun on there." Indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
LotsOfFun.jpg  
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #14

Trailer: Compact II and Trails West Campster
We have a Honda ATV and go 4-wheelin' and campin' all summer with 10-20 friends. Our next vacation is Memorial Day Weekend at Little Sahara in Oklahoma. Some of our friends have Rzr's and some have ATV's. We range in age from 17-55 because as the "adults" we're now taking our grown children on trips with us! We absolutely love taking the Campster and putting the ATV in the back of the pickup and getting out in the great outdoors for the weekend. We've also got cravings for that huge campfire breakfast and all the special recipes we come up with. 4-wheelin' and Campin'...it's the best!
Attached Thumbnails
Log_Cabin_Campster.jpg  
Sherry Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
We don't let many weekends go by with out going camping/riding. We love riding the Mule every where we go. The things we get to see out on the trails are thing you just wont is along the roads.
Oreo our dog lives to ride (its her Mule) Arizona trails.
Attached Thumbnails
mule__Large_.jpg   bigfoot__Large_.jpg  

Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #16

SWEET! just did a little trail riding in Tahoe area (husaberg) and heading to Downieville next weekend for first tracks on the DH course (ibis mojo). see you on the trails.

Quote:
I'm all about two wheels. I'm a bicycle event promoter with a long background on motorcycles too. A few weeks ago I spent Saturday racing in the Lemurian Classic mountain bike race at Whiskeytown Lake, CA., the next day I rode the 100-miler at the Chico Wildflower event, then spent Monday in Weaverville on my Suzuki inspecting some of the trails we'll use for next weekend's mountain bike races, and I did a little exploring of some other trails with an eye toward adding them to future events.

A fellow at a gas station looked at my rig and commented "There's a lot of fun on there." Indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0002.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #17

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
SWEET! just did a little trail riding in Tahoe area (husaberg) and heading to Downieville next weekend for first tracks on the DH course (ibis mojo). see you on the trails.
Hey! That's Bub's Pub at Kirkwood! We'll have our post-race video party there after the 24 Hours of Kirkwood, August 29. http://www.teambigfoot.net/24HoursKW2010.htm
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #18

I'm heading back that way tomorrow to do a little mtn biking AND dirtbiking in Downieville. Can't wait to see if the trails are snowed in. Too bad i'll be in Alaska with my Burro (not), otherwise the 24hrs of Kirkwood sounds like a blast!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #19

Browns Meadow, in what is locally know as the Piutes, is in the southern end of the
Sequoia National Forest.
Until this week there was one last snow drift that that kept me out of my favorite camping place.
I rode my ATV for 65 miles and hiked another 5 or so and ate hotdogs and junk food for three days.
It was a good trip!
The Meadow is about 7500 ft. elevation so when it's 110 degrees at my place I ride my ATV up there for the day and enjoy the much cooler temperature. It's a great place to go and read a book.
I didn't see any deer in the Meadow at night, then I discovered why.
The first night I saw very large brown colored bear in the Meadow, the second night I saw 2 average size Black Bears in the same area. I took a video of the Black bears with my new digital Video Camera and can't figure how to capture individual pics yet.
Saw a few deer and other animals.
Two years ago we had an unstopable firestorm go through this area so it's lucky Browns Meadow is still there.
One of the Pics shows the Meadow from the burn area.
I get crazy with my camera so I've included some pics of the wildflowers in the area.
Some one was asking about a good awning for their trailer so the last pic is of my trailer with a new Shade Maker Awning.
I hope everyone enjoys there camping trips as much as I did this last 3 days.
John
Attached Thumbnails
First_piutes_023.jpg   First_piutes_033.jpg  

First_piutes_034.jpg   First_piutes_031.jpg  

First_piutes_028.jpg   First_piutes_030.jpg  

First_piutes_036.jpg   First_piutes_022.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #20

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Great pics!

That brown bear makes you look twice--it's a black bear, though. Brown or "grizzlies" have humps, and different ear shapes.
Making me itch to go out and play! (Not the bear---the trip report!)
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote