horse and carriage driving - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

Name: gone
Trailer: gone
gone
horse and carriage driving

My hobby is driving carriages and so I find myself in Florida in the winter to train and compete and to drive my horse through the wonderful Goethe State Forest. Last winter I tried camping with a van and a CLAM but found that severe storms would uproot everything and blow it away. It was hard to live that way. Too hot and too cold and too far to the bathroom.

So I have ordered a Casita that I will take to Florida and use for the winter season and store the rest of the time in Florida.\
stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Welcome Stonewall! Actually the nickname of a relative of mine by marriage. The Casitas are wonderful units. Nothing like knowing where you stuff is.

I recently got to witness a fun (non competitive) drive with the Gateway Harness Club. I did not ride with anyone. My friend had just gotten a Halflinger and cart and it was their first time driving together outside a ring. Such beautiful animals and rigs.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #3

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Born Free
Virginia
Beautiful horse. I used to breed Connemaras, and your horse reminds of some of mine. What is his breeding?
corgicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
You'd probably enjoy talking with one of our other Casita Brethren up here in WA State. He goes by Jerrybob on the Casita forum. He owns the carraige museum in the link below. Super neat guy, and a wealth of information on antique carriages of all kinds.

NW Carriage Museum | NW Carriage Museum
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #5

Name: gone
Trailer: gone
gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgicat View Post
Beautiful horse. I used to breed Connemaras, and your horse reminds of some of mine. What is his breeding?

He (Stonewall) is a good old fashioned Morgan horse. Smart like a border collie and healthy as, well, a horse. And a true comic. People are always offering to buy him from me once they get to know him but no. Just no. When you get a good one, keep him. I have driven him most of the way across the US - documentary trailer https://www.reelhouse.org/catwalkpro...ns/the-caravan

And yes, I love carriage museums. I almost got locked into one in Alberta, Canada because I didn't know they were closing. I might head to Washington state to participate in the John Wayne trail ride and drive across the state next May. John Wayne Pioneer Wagons and Riders Association So maybe I could see the museum then.

Only problem is that I can't tow both my Casita and my horse trailer. So the Casita doesn't get to go.
stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin