I collect antique telephones. We have a telephone museum - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Hobbies & Passions
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
I collect antique telephones. We have a telephone museum

Aside from collecting telephones, we do a LOT of camping. Our two oldest sons are owner/operators of Oregon Trail'R out of Eugene, Oregon. We have been teardropping for nearly 50 years. We just purchased an older Casita. 1996 16Ft. and are in the process of restoring it. We look forward to using our Casita as soon as we are done restoring it. There are some parts that we will need and hopefully we will find them here.
Attached Thumbnails
~exhibit 005.JPG   ~exhibit 003.jpg  

~exhibit 007.jpg   candlesticks.jpg  

ronolga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:43 AM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Cool!
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #3

Name: Dave
New Mexico
Hi Ron

I, too, have been a long-time telephone collector. (I'm retired from a long career in the telecom industry.) We recently acquired a 2021 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17-footer. Where is your museum located? I'm planning a trip to Seattle to include a visit to the Connections Museum.

Dave (C-Net 1.333.8000)
DaveLevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:10 AM   #4

Name: Ron
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLevenson View Post
Hi Ron

I, too, have been a long-time telephone collector. (I'm retired from a long career in the telecom industry.) We recently acquired a 2021 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17-footer. Where is your museum located? I'm planning a trip to Seattle to include a visit to the Connections Museum.

Dave (C-Net 1.333.8000)

Hi Dave, Its a mobile museum. All modular. Its currently on display on our property in Southern Oregon. You can call us at 541 592 4123 (H) or 541 287 0169 (C) to make an appointment to see it. We live about 5 miles east of Cave Junction on Oregon Caves Highway (hwy 46)
ronolga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:04 PM   #5

Name: Dave
New Mexico
Thanks, Ron. Not heading that way this year, but someday soon. Let me know if your mobile museum is passing through New Mexico.
DaveLevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 12:16 PM   #6

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Great collection....love history and museums. We also have a museum.....we collect 19th century horse drawn vehicles....we have one of the finest collections in the country. My wife runs the museum.....I rstore/conserve the vehicles. We currently have 62 vehicles on display and thousands of period artifacts.....vehicle 63 is in the shop. If you like history....come for a visit. I am a historian as well.....I have spoken around the country on horse drawn transportation and vehicles. Would love to see your collection one day down the line. Thanks for keeping history alive.

Jerry

www.nwcarriagemuseum.org
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:49 PM   #7

Name: RLS
Trailer: Scamp
Yooper U P Michigan
Way cool how interesting !
Scamp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 11:51 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I am amazed at the number of old phone collectors! I have a friend that would like to (needs to) let go of his collection. If anyone is interested let me know and I will put you in touch.
This is just a personal collection and I have no interest except to help out a friend.
Steve
slbran is offline   Reply With Quote