Photography - Page 24 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #461

Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
All this summertime activity with watercraft and paddles on the lakes has got me going, can I play too?

Wade Lake, Madison County, MT and my wife

and Bowman Lake, Glacier National Park, MT and my better half… by a long mile

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
_ND30709.jpg   _ND33031.jpg  

Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #462

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
That is a great shot, Wayne.

We used to go down to Glacier NP once a year when the kids were small, but haven't for 15+ years now. Those shots have me yearning to go, Rob.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #463
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Thnxs Jim. I really am enjoying the new A5000. For sure there is a learning curve to the latest technology but the image quality is worth it. You talked about the latest cameras having 50.8 mp's. Amazing! My first Canon Dicam had "2".
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #464

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
My first digital camera was a Kodak NC2000 ( company issued ). It was 1.8 mp and cost $18,000 US. If you shot three frames rapidly ( one per second ) it took, to my recollection, about 30 seconds to move images to the hard drive and you couldn't shoot again until it was done.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #465
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Glenn, that Kodak NC looks like a brute!

MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #466

It was. And the view through the viewfinder was like looking through a keyhole because it was masked off to the size of the sensor.
You had to plug the camera into your computer to download the pix.
I kept one that was being used as a doorstop.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #467

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I've been enjoying the chatting and thought it was time to post a new image. I spotted this weed in the snow while waiting beside the car for my hubby (he'd 'thought' he seen an owl way back down the road). I was pretty happy when the sun popped out for just long enough to highlight the drifted nature of the snow.
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0814_edited-1.jpg  
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #468

Nice.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #469

Saskatchewan
A couple of shots of our kayaks being enjoyed. We have taken grands camping for a week every summer since the oldest was three. They enjoy it so much they insist on returning to the same lake every year. It is pretty much an 'ideal' location - small (so kids can safely go out in their own boat), shallow at the edge for safe swimming, well supplied with fish, view of the lake from the campsite, a little over an hour's drive from home, sandy beach, playground area, dock, lots of birds to watch etc..

Our flotilla consists of a canoe, an inflatable two man (shown here with the dogs and hubby) and a one man version in plastic shown on a wild and windy day with a delighted grand in control.
Attached Thumbnails
B0001705_edited-1.jpg   IMGP3878_edited-1.jpg  

Old 02-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #470

Trailer: Boler 1984
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1424542764.410428.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	80612
You can't see me!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #471

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
a rare shot....

while the northern edge of the pelicans range on the west coast is Vancouver Island...they are NEVER seen on the inside (Gerogia Strait)... this guy must have been lost....and not shy at all either (I paddled to within 10-15 feet of him/her)
Attached Thumbnails
pelf5.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:54 AM   #472

Saskatchewan
Good shots James and Franswa. I bet it would be hard to spot that rabbit if you didn't see him move. The pelican sighting is cool! It took me by surprise though as when I think 'pelican' I get a mental picture of a basically white bird!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #473

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Finches at the feeder.
Attached Thumbnails
fnch09.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #474

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Amazon Cloud Drive just announced Unlimited Photos Plan $11.99 per year—equivalent of less than $1 per month: Store an infinite number of photos inCloud Drive without worrying about taking up space on phones, cameras, or other devices if needed.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #475

Expert on radio tech show the other day advised that the only way to ensure that your photos will last decades is to print them ( and I'm not so sure about that ).
Imagine trying today to look at photos stored on floppy discs. Computers don't have floppy drive and this Mac I'm on doesn't have a DVD drive. VHS tape is long gone and if you have any tapes, they probably don't play anymore.
There is no guarantee that the cloud will exist even ten years from now, so before you put all your faith in Amazon, remember that even Blackberry just about went out of existence.
And, think about the software you've had to update to use a program and even then some files can't be opened.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #476

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
LOL and the horse and buggy folks said those new car machines will never take over.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #477

Just think of the security of putting your valuable pictures in someone else's hands. Where do they show up tomorrow?

Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #478

And, it's $11.99 a year now. How much is it in five years? Kinda like having your children held for ransom, or having a cable subscription.
Or maybe they just sell you software updates every six months or so.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 AM   #479

Sometimes it takes two pictures
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1427461607.296272.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	81812Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1427461658.341148.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	81813

Old 03-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #480

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Expert on radio tech show the other day advised that the only way to ensure that your photos will last decades is to print them ( and I'm not so sure about that ).
Imagine trying today to look at photos stored on floppy discs. Computers don't have floppy drive and this Mac I'm on doesn't have a DVD drive. VHS tape is long gone and if you have any tapes, they probably don't play anymore.
There is no guarantee that the cloud will exist even ten years from now, so before you put all your faith in Amazon, remember that even Blackberry just about went out of existence.
And, think about the software you've had to update to use a program and even then some files can't be opened.
Have to side with Glenn - I show my photography classes an 8" floppy disk to convince them to become "Active Archivists" when dealing with their images.

I have had 2 on line photo storage sites "disappear" with all the photos stored there, I've had various local storage devices or methods fail; the only way I've been able to keep all my images since moving to digital is to actively keep multiple backups. I currently use 2 hard drives for storage; mirrors of each other. As the drives fill, I purchase new ones (they are always larger) and copy the entire content of the old drive to the new one & add the new photos. This system has worked since my first 20MB drive; currently using a couple of 3TB drives...

And, as to prints, while I have a couple of 5 year old Epson prints that are still in good shape, a batch of HP prints faded to uselessness in lest than 2 years. Again, I want to stress the need to be active in keeping your images - you can no longer just "stuff them into a drawer".

Sorry to go on about this, but it is a "mission" for me - I have had to rescue far too many data cards that held 2-3 years of photos (stored in the camera) that suddenly stopped working.
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote