Zoom Loom - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Zoom Loom

I do different crafts but was looking for something simple that I didn't have to count and could stop in the middle or get distracted and it not cause a disaster with what I was working with when I cam across the Zoom Loom: schachtspindle.com: our products/specialty looms/zoom loom I got mine from online and both Walmart online and Amazon have them.

I had those round ones and they made my arms tired and often, the pegs would come loose and hit my fingers! This Zoom Loom is easy to hold. I went online and printed out a larger copy of the instruction booklet with easy to flip pages which works really well. I bought the book shown on the website and it actually has directions for making looms in different sizes but my skills and my husband's aren't very good in this area.

I am working on using up yarn scraps right now. My husband says "It looks like burlap." It does and is sort of old timey looking but it works for me.

In reading about history, I learned that pin looming was popular from like the 50s to the 70's and there was a commercial pin loom called the "Weave-It" although I do not recall seeing one.

So, I think this would make a pretty good small craft for a small trailer.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #2

Name: Catherine
Trailer: researching buy options
California
Hi Cathy! Your ZoomLoom sounds like a terrific small-scale craft for relaxing in those quiet moments. If you're interested in eventually upgrading from the scraps to great quality, undyed, natural fiber (but not itchy!) yarn that won't break the bank, won't look completely ratty after the first wash, and easy to work with as long as you don't mind winding balls from loose hanks, see: dharmatrading(dot)com/clothing/p-natural-yarnsfordyeing.html
It's all undyed yarn, but it's easy to color it yourself either by dying the hank or after your squares are woven. Very good instructions are right there on Dharma's site along with everything you need.
I've dealt with this company for over a decade and bought their yarn for years to crochet with and have always been delighted with both the service and quality.
Super friendly folks, too, so don't be afraid to call/email to ask questions.
Joyous crafting and camping to you!
Cronezilla is offline   Reply With Quote