Beer Exchange - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hey Donna,

http://www.leinie.com/dist_or.html

Have you ever had Leinenkugel out of Wisconsin? Joy A is particularly fond of the water from Chippewa Falls, so maybe you and she would like their beer?

If you are already familiar with this beer we won't haul it over mountains and deserts, if you aren't do you like dark, medium, light? We carry very little in our cooler so we could put a couple of six packs in there to keep it out of the heat.

Leaving tomorrow. Going, going, gone. Last chance.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm a dark beer enthusiast. I think others at the exchange would love to trade for an "import" from Wisconsin too. It's what makes the exchange so much fun, trying a beer outside our typical beverage area. I haven't decided what exactly I'll be bringing... so many choices!

Have a safe, safe trip Nancy.

Shiny side up, Greasy side down!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3

Ok, I guess the liquor store should be open in the morning. Will look for dark for you, and a light for others. It may not last as long as the exchange. You know some of us are coming quite early, we will be sure to save some for you.

Nancy
Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #4

I'll be in Bullard's on the 12th Nancy... check me out at site A-14!

Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I alway am excited to try a new dark, but we won't be there until Wednesday and the beer exchange won't be until Thursday, but if one happened to survive until we get there, that would be wonderful.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #6

Well guys,

The liquor store was not going to be open before we got to North Dakota in the morning, so we made a mad dash into town.

Drat, I only got one six pack of dark. 18 all together. I think everyone will want the dark!

I'll save one of the coveted dark for each person in order of request on this thread....unless we drink them before then!

18 bottles of beer is about a year supply for us, so I don't want to exchange 18 bottles. Come on by out site early and help us drink up the non coveted ones early.

I only drink about 3 oz of beer at a time, so I need help polishing off my bottles.

Nancy
Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Being a native Wisconsinite, I brought a six-pack of Leinenkugel's to the beer exchange at the June Washington Gathering.

I purchased it at our Covington, WA, Fred Meyer's.

Prosit!

Sing with me, "Eighteen bottles of beer on the wall, eighteen bottles of beer, etc"

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #8

Okay, all this talk about exchanging beer made me go out and pick up the kinds I was going to bring for the exchange. I got one from Canada that I had to sample last night and then several other kinds I will need to sample before so I can tell everyone if they are any good.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Okay, all this talk about exchanging beer made me go out and pick up the kinds I was going to bring for the exchange. I got one from Canada that I had to sample last night and then several other kinds I will need to sample before so I can tell everyone if they are any good.
Whatever works Linda! Hey, I like this idea! Think I'd better get to the store
Old 07-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #10

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
When I was reading this thread my thoughts were:

18 bottles of beer in the car
18 bottle of beer

Drink one down and pass it around
17 bottles of beer in the car

17 bottles of beer in the car
Do you think they all make to Oregon

16 bottles of beer in the car

Well, you all might be jealous because I arrive on the 7th and Nancy and Fred should either be there or right behind me. I wonder if any of those 18 bottles will make it to Thursday the 17th. Nancy and Fred might be making a trip to the store.

We're going to do a little Geocaching. They are often hard enough to find without Nancy's beers in our bellies.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #11

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 17 ft 2008
As a first-time attendee, I have a question regarding the beer exchange: I have purchased several bottles of a wonderful India Pale Ale from Rubicon Brewing Company, here in Sacramento. Trouble is, this beer only comes in 22-ounce bottles (and it is pretty pricey). Therefore, for a nearly equitable exchange, I would need to get two of the regular-size (12-ounce) bottles of beer in return for each of the bottles I supply. If that is something that can be arranged, I'll bring this IPA; otherwise, I'll see about bringing another beer in regular bottles. Those who know how this works, please let me know.

Thanks!
Steve
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #12

Steve, this is a loose group. If you think you can convince someone to exchange two for one... then why not! But, I think you'll have better luck (and get to try more brands) if you just get the 12-16 oz bottles or cans to exchange.

Don't be late
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 16 ft Casita Liberty / 2004 Jeep Rubicon
Hi all,
As other newbies (both to the gathering and fiberglass rv owning), we have a couple of beer questions as well. How many bottles of beer should be bring to exchange? I hear twelve and eighteen being bantered about - is that about par for the course? We are planning to bring beer from a local micro-brewery near us. Is there usually a particular type most people bring/prefer (dark, ale, amber, etc.)?
Thanks for your help - can't wait!
Karen and Leon
Leon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #14

For the exchange we bring a six pack. The other figures were for predrinking I think. Now if Karen likes something different than Leon, maybe bring two six packs and then she can exchange for what looks good to her and Leon the same. Some like really light and some of us like the really dark stuff.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #15

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 17 ft 2008
Quote:
Steve, this is a loose group. If you think you can convince someone to exchange two for one... then why not! But, I think you'll have better luck (and get to try more brands) if you just get the 12-16 oz bottles or cans to exchange.

Don't be late
Donna,
Thanks for the advice. Of course, it wouldn't really be two for one in quantity, since it's one big bottle for two small bottles. However, I am sure you are right that I'll have better luck and get to try more brands if I bring beer in 12-oz. bottles, so that is what I will do. There are plenty of fine brews available here to choose from!

Thanks, again,
Steve
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #16

Here' we're less than a week from the gathering and I never really did start a beer exchange topic. This is what I should have posted!

Craft Beer Exchange - An "Opener" Event!

Do hearing words such as Sweaty Betty, Flat Tire, Oatmeal Stout and such start your taste buds to salivate? Then this "workshop" is for you!

We're going to do a beer exchange again this year. The rules are simple. Bring a six pack of craft beer, either cans or bottles, a lawn chair and meet at the main gathering area on Thursday evening (16th) at 7pm sharp. The idea is to introduce yourself to someone and use that as an excuse to trade one can or bottle for a different brand. At the end of the exchange you should have six different brands than the one you brought.

Join in the fun, bring a beer brewed in your city/state...it's a good time to show off what the microbrewers are doing in your area.

BTW: Michelob is NOT a craft beer
Attached Thumbnails
CraftBeerExchange.jpg  
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
I think others at the exchange would love to trade for an "import" from Wisconsin too. It's what makes the exchange so much fun, trying a beer outside our typical beverage area.
I became familiar with a beer when I was in Minnesota this spring. Called "Lakemaid" beer and having such melodious names and picturesque names as; Miss Muskie, Miss Smallmouth Bass, Miss Sunfish, Miss Sturgeon, Miss Walleye, Miss Perch, Miss Northern Pike, Miss Catfish, etc (you get the picture) Each half rack has assorted bottles and flavors. Each enjoyable. I wish I had some of that to exchange. I'll bring something I like.
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Drat, I only got one six pack of dark. 18 all together. I think everyone will want the dark!

I'll save one of the coveted dark for each person in order of request on this thread....unless we drink them before then!

Nancy
Please save one for me. I get in Thursday afternoon. Caravaning down with Tammy and Reace and other Escapes.
See you then.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Isn't it great to have a rational reason to drink more beer?
Old 07-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #20

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
As a first-time attendee, I have a question regarding the beer exchange: I have purchased several bottles of a wonderful India Pale Ale from Rubicon Brewing Company, here in Sacramento. Trouble is, this beer only comes in 22-ounce bottles (and it is pretty pricey). Therefore, for a nearly equitable exchange, I would need to get two of the regular-size (12-ounce) bottles of beer in return for each of the bottles I supply. If that is something that can be arranged, I'll bring this IPA; otherwise, I'll see about bringing another beer in regular bottles. Those who know how this works, please let me know.

Thanks!
Steve
Hi Steve,

I think I saw six packs of the IPA you like at our Trader Joe's in Reno. Maybe it's at the Sacramento TJ's too.
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 oregon gathering