Had a fabulous time! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Oh wow. What a great, great time I had. And the people. I don't think you could ever get a better bunch of nice people together, except maybe next year, and last year and the year before that...

Thanks to each and everyone of you for all your help and effort. They say it takes a community to raise a child. I know first hand it takes many, many volunteers to put on a successful gathering of this size. I know Nancy has it so well organized in advance, it's pretty dang easy to just direct the "traffic." But your help and assistance was fabulous!

All the workshops seemed to have gone off without a hitch and I've heard really, really nice comments about how much fun and informative they are were. And the trailer tours, and the Dutch Oven workshop, the potlucks and the kids stuff and the "horseshoe" contest and on, and on, and on.

I hope this finds everyone home safe and sound... we'll see y'all next year
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
What a great weekend!

The people, as Donna said were wonderful, as usual. The weather was fantastic, the food -- Oh, the food!-- No mosquitos to speak of, lots of old friends to re-connect with, Lex and Rita from Holland are delightful, lots stayed until Monday to kick back and relax. Wish we could have stayed longer!

We are sorry Nancy was so sick, and hope she is doing much better. She never lost her sense of humor, though! Donna, et al, pulled it all together beautifully.

I believe a good time was had by all!

Jacquie & Bill
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Me too!! My first time and won't be my last. What a great bunch of people you all are. Thanks Gene and Ellen for helping me get into a site early. Thank you to everyone who helped me as a newbie with all the endless questions I had and Ian and Eric for coming to my trailer to give me advise and the workshops they gave. I got pages of ideas, modification, care techniques and just plain fun stuff to do. Thanks again everyone!!!!

CathleenC from A-40
CathleenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks to everyone that helped make this another wonderful gathering. It couldn't have been more perfect; good people, excellent food, fun activities, and the best weather we could have asked for.
We hope to see everyone next year if not before.
Deb & Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Ok, I get you all had a great time! (Yes I am jealous) . But please for the sake of all of us who didn't get to come and only get to join your adventure thru your great stories and pictures (hello it's been a few days since it was over and we/I am waiting) LOL, post pic's. Pretty Please! Thanks! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Lynn, Max and I would like to say hello to everyone we met at this year's Gathering, and thank you all for your hospitality and friendly welcome to some newbies (and a dog in manners training!). We really didn't know what to expect, but couldn't have had a better time, in any way. It was wonderful to meet so many friendly folks and learn so much---we're already hoping to make reservations in October for next year. I've finished all the laundry (the last load of dog blankets is in the washer), and Max is snoozing again (he slept most of the 5 hour drive home, with a bit of a smile on his face, I think, probably dreaming about all the fun he had too! We hope you all get home safe (some of you still have long travels to go, and more big adventures, we hope) and will look forward to next year.
Teresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Registry

made new friends and kept the old, all were silver and all were gold!
I loved how everyone was walking around with little notebooks, recording names & emails & trailer notes & recipes & to-do-list updates & ETC.
....and after 4 years my guilty conscience has finally snagged me---a volunteer SOMETHING is in the stars for next year.
Jim and I and Kermit (it's not easy being green!) say THANKS TO ALL for another memorable Gathering, and all the new ideas. Y'all come on down to the redwoods sometime--unique on the planet, and only 30 minutes south of the Oregon border, beautiful camping ops (altho' nothing as high-falutin' as Bullards w/ full hookups etc.!) & we'll give you personal tours (we both work for Redwood National & State Parks)
susan b. davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
Ditto to "Having a Fabulous time" and I agree with each and every comment above! I'd also like to say that the reason I had an even better time this year than in our last two previous Gatherings (okay, besides the great weather) was the fact that I was more involved! Nancy had a need and many of us helped out, which was all good, but the people I met because of being involved was the real benefit for me. What fun it is now to know the faces behind the names I see on the postings and to meet many first timers!

Next year hubby and I already have a craft project in mind for young and old - hope we can pull it off. And, we're looking forward to expanding our reservation to arrive earlier. If you can pull it off, it's a lot of fun was hanging with the early crowd, sharing meals and campfires, and relaxing before The Gathering begins.

See you all [early] next year and hope more of you will take part in making the fun happen!
Ellen
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
(hello it's been a few days since it was over and we/I am waiting)
LOL,[b] post pic's. Pretty Please! Thanks! Robin
I posted my Oregon Gathering Pictures *here*
Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Ok, I get you all had a great time! (Yes I am jealous) . But please for the sake of all of us who didn't get to come and only get to join your adventure thru your great stories and pictures (hello it's been a few days since it was over and we/I am waiting) LOL, post pic's. Pretty Please! Thanks! Robin
Hi Robin,
Norma is posting ours on Shutterfly.
The link to our Scamp Camping trips is below our signature
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
And Lex posted his on his web log.

(I agree about people posting their pics - lookin' at Lex's is just a suggestion while you/we wait for the rest of 'em.)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Hi Robin,
Norma is posting ours on Shutterfly.
The link to our Scamp Camping trips is below our signature
Y'all got some nice shots, Paul and Norma! Thanks for the link.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Fredrick and Willar! Thank You! I got my fix or should I say I am appeased for the time being. Beautiful Pictures and wonderful stories. All that food looked wonderful. Yummy. Some year I am going to get there. I feel like I am missing a major egg event. Thanks again, Now everyone else need to get their pics posted....................................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #14

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hi All,

Lily and I had a great time. It was so wonderful seeing old friends and meeting new ones. We had an exceptional amount of Newbies this year and then of course Lily and I had to meet all the Newbies from last year since we didn't attend. It was awfully hard taking a walk without being gone for hours on end.

The Golf Ball Horse Shoe contest was a hit. Many said it was a great ice breaker on Thursday. The big winners were Zack Layton of Oregon and Earl Arrhants (sic) from California. They were presented a wonderful handmade trophy on Saturday night. I'll bring up the Golf Ball Horse Shoe thread when I get home and post pictures as well as the plans for the game, which many people had asked for. Sorry, I missed you Larry Husted before you left.

Hope to see all of you next year, if not sooner.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 oregon gathering