July 2013 Oregon Gathering---Reserve the Date! (7/18-21) - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #101

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa J View Post
Hi everybody---we've set the date for the 11th annual Oregon Gathering at Bullards Beach State Park in Bandon, OR. It will run from Thursday, July 18th through Sunday, July 21st, 2013. Come one, come all! Please check the Casita forum for the registration form, map of Bullards Beach park (complete with photos of each site), and updated info. as we develop it. Hope to see you there!

Hi Teresa !

I'd like to volunteer with anything. Not sure how to do it. PM me with what you need. I will be there early, arriving the 16th.

We'd like to help.

CharlieJ and ChristineG
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #102

Trailer: 1972 TrailMite 13 ft
Thanks for volunteering

Thanks for volunteering Donna and yes, we still need some help for the Gathering. Specifically, we need people to help with registration on Thursday, 7/18 from 12:00-2:00, or 2:00-4:00 or Friday from 3:00-5:00, AND we need two easels to put the photos for the photo competition on, AND we still need LOTS of folding tables to use for the potlucks. We also give away gift baskets on Saturday night at the big potluck and if anyone wants to bring something for that, it helps make the evening more fun (who doesn't like to win something)? I really appreciate the support from all our great Gathering attendees, and look forward to seeing everyone in just a couple of weeks!
Teresa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #103

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The last week of count down days has started! Leaving for Bullard's in the morning seven days from TODAY. Should be in the park about 3pm.

Bring bicycles, bring folding tables, bring smiles!

Wooooohoooo. Safe travels everyone!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #104

Name: Luis
Trailer: Boler 1300 79'
Alberta
Registry
Need to pass on this years' gathering guys.
I have a spot in Loop B available July 18-Monday 22 (4 nights) for the taking.

Please email me privately to discuss,
Thanks,
L
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #105

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Question Pre Registration

I just received an email encouraging me to pre register for Bullards Beach.

Is this legit? Is it a good idea? I don't recall ever having received such a notice when making reservations at Oregon parks before.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #106

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
It's legit they have offered that for a few years now.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #107

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
I just received an email encouraging me to pre register for Bullards Beach.

Is this legit? Is it a good idea? I don't recall ever having received such a notice when making reservations at Oregon parks before.
In the past they used to snail-mail your reservation confirmation packet to you, and it included a page with your windshield tag that you tore off from your registration. You were supposed to hand the registration half to the check-in person in the booth at the entrance as you arrived, so you don't have to stop very long to check-in and cause a backed-up queue at the booth.

Now that page is emailed to you when you pre-register online. They save the paper and postage costs, you get the convenience of already having your windshield tag in your possession when you arrive. Kind of similar to printing out your boarding pass at home before you go to the airport.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #108

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Thanks

Thank you for your timely answers. C ya Thursday.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #109

We need your best ideas, folks, for our Friday night welcome---the people who were going to bring the sound system for us to use may not be able to make it until late that night (too late for us to use at the welcome party)...I do have a megaphone that is pretty powerful, but it won't have the coverage/clarity for the large area that our crowd occupies...anyone have any helpful suggestions? Anyway, we'll figure something out, and I know we'll have a great time (some people who are already there are having a great time already)! Safe travels, everyone---see you next week!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #110

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I am Jazzed, I might be flying out to Beaverton this coming week for work and so will be in the area, so I will try to make it down. This will be my first rally (and of course I will be trailer-less) since I purchased my Scamp last week. With luck I might make the Virginia rally in August with my new (to me) Scamp.

Anyway, I hope to meet the fine folks I have read so many helpful posts from.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #111

Cool John

Bandon is about a five hour trip south from Beaverton, just so you know. It is in the same state, just not what I would call the same "area."
Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #112

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Cool John

Bandon is about a five hour trip south from Beaverton, just so you know. It is in the same state, just not what I would call the same "area."
Yea, a bit of a jog. I am not certain yet I will in fact be in Oregon but I'm told it's a high probability. I figure I will just come down for that Saturday. I won't have a place to stay since I won't have my trailer so I will just go back Saturday night...

I have driven the coast highway in California from Los Angeles to the Oregon border so I am somewhat familiar with the area. I have never been in that part of Oregon. As a teenager I lived in Everett Washington for a short time and went deep sea fishing off the coast of Oregon. But of course that was centuries ago. I am now a contractor for a subsidiary of IBM which has an office up in Beaverton. I will be working there for a few weeks. I just discovered that this get together was happening the weekend after I fly in so I thought I would come down. Play tourist don't you know.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #113

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa J View Post
We need your best ideas, folks, for our Friday night welcome---the people who were going to bring the sound system for us to use may not be able to make it until late that night (too late for us to use at the welcome party)...I do have a megaphone that is pretty powerful, but it won't have the coverage/clarity for the large area that our crowd occupies...anyone have any helpful suggestions? Anyway, we'll figure something out, and I know we'll have a great time (some people who are already there are having a great time already)! Safe travels, everyone---see you next week!
Teresa, were abouts are the folks that have the system? Perhaps one of us could pick it up from them on our way.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #114

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Long drive, no place to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
Yea, a bit of a jog. I am not certain yet I will in fact be in Oregon but I'm told it's a high probability. I figure I will just come down for that Saturday. I won't have a place to stay since I won't have my trailer so I will just go back Saturday night...
Hi John, it's a long 4+ hour drive from Beaverton to Bullard's Beach. I could throw a small tent, airbed and sleeping bag into the trailer if you think you would like to spend the night. We live west of Beaverton and will be going down on Thurs. We can offer you a corner the campsite as it's just me, my husband, our small Compact trailer and 2 middle size dogs.

Happy Trails
Loyce
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #115

Alabama
You are most kind. I will discover whether (and when) I will be flying out sometime this week. If I am going to make it I would love to take you up on your offer.

I have recently purchased a used 2009 Scamp 16 which I have not even picked up yet. I am soooo antsy to get a hold of my own TT and start making her mine. A little time with like minded folks will help I think.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #116

Name: Loyce
Trailer: Hunter 1
Oregon
Registry
Long trip and a place to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
You are most kind. I will discover whether (and when) I will be flying out sometime this week. If I am going to make it I would love to take you up on your offer.

I have recently purchased a used 2009 Scamp 16 which I have not even picked up yet. I am soooo antsy to get a hold of my own TT and start making her mine. A little time with like minded folks will help I think.
Hey John, I sent you a pm with my contact info. Give a holler when you know your plans.
Loyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #117

John, we hope you can make it! Loyce, that is a great idea---I read your posts to Lynn and he said "that's the kind of people we have at the Gathering"---so generous and willing to help. Let us know if anything else is needed---just stop by A-12---we always have extra food, dishes, towels, pillows, etc..
Old 07-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #118

Blast off in 2-1/2 hours. Weather doesn't get much better than this!
Click image for larger version

Name:	BandonWeather.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	61847

Safe travels everyone!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #119

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Volunteering

Teresa,
If you still have a need for femaling (the opposite of manning) the registration table, I can do the Thursday shift. Was it Noon until 2PM?Just let me know...by a response here on the thread. I'm having issues with my password being reset and might not receive your reply, unless posted here.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #120

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
I'll be there next year.

This event sounds like a good one. Making a reservation early is a very good idea. When the 2014 schedule comes out I'm making a reservation early as possible. Those of you that are attending Have fun !
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote