Workshops or Demos Anyone? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'd be glad to come watch, Lainey, as I don't even know what a power converter is!

Quote:
Sounds good, I have my fingers crossed. If that doesn't work out, those with solar - be forewarned - I'll be dropping by to check it out!

I'm also game for attending an LED lighting workshop.

Is there any interest in an "Installing New Power Converter" demo? I would gladly supply the parts for a knowledgeable person to perform said 'demo' on my trailer. Okay, it's actually more like a plea for skilled labour... but if it's a topic that would interest any others maybe a demo workshop could be made out of it?
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #22

Trailer: 2004 16 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Hi Nancy,
I'd be happy to do something on cooking. Food is always a great motivator! Maybe it could be a sharing session on how people prepare food for camping trips and what are essentials to take.
Teri
p.s. I have a basket put together (already!) from Wisconsin for the drawing at the potluck. I am SO ready to see you all!
Teri Boehmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #23

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
That's great, Teri. I thought you were going to do a demo on making a purse. Would you rather do this one?

Nancy

Quote:
Hi Nancy,
I'd be happy to do something on cooking. Food is always a great motivator! Maybe it could be a sharing session on how people prepare food for camping trips and what are essentials to take.
Teri
p.s. I have a basket put together (already!) from Wisconsin for the drawing at the potluck. I am SO ready to see you all!
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape
Wink

Quote:
Okay, who out there wants to present a 50-min informal workshop. informed discussion or demo at the Oregon Gathering on Saturday? We've had fabulous events in the past and I would be thrilled to repeat any one of them (if the presenters were willing). I would also like to offer some new topics so think about these two things and please respond here.
  • Is there a topic related to fiberglass trailers or camping on which you are willing to present?
  • Is there a topic related to fiberglass trailers or camping on which you would like more information?
Thanks for your help... as always!
Nancy
Good morning Nancy and Mike:

We will be on deck for the "newbies "workshop this year unless somebody has already volunteered. It was great fun last year and maybe this year I can give it a tweak or two.
We are off to Russia next week and then home on July 3 and getting ready to take teh most direct and shortest route to Oregon.

See you there and looking forward meeting you all again.

Hugs to you both,
Stay cozy,

Ian, Paddy, Gypsy and Rubea
Ian Waymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #25

Quote:
We will be on deck for the "newbies "workshop this year unless somebody has already volunteered.
Hi Ian,

Thank you, thank you for your willingness to do your great workshop again. Frederick is doing a workshop on Disaster Avoidance for Newbies. Could you think of a different "twist" to put on yours? Or talk with Frederick and maybe both of you offer different sub-topics?

Nancy
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #26

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Thank you, thank you for your willingness to do your great workshop again.

Or talk with Frederick and maybe both of you offer different sub-topics?

Nancy
I PM'ed Ian to support his volunteering to discuss the Newbie subject.

My reservations are set to arrive on Wednesday. I have a passion for persons KNOWING what their rigs weigh. My company can provide a pair of portable Wheel Weighers. (Photograph to follow) My plan is for Robert and I to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. While hitched up, and before going to their site, we can weigh each axle (Both TOW vehicle and TRAILER) and record the weight. Then AFTER they set up in their site, they can bring their unhitched tow vehicle back over the scales to get another weight to use to compute their tongue weight. (Sorry, this will only work for single axle trailers...) This process will exert almost no effort or inconvenience on people as they arrive... Thoughts?

Frederick
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #27

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:

My reservations are set to arrive on Wednesday. I have a passion for persons KNOWING what their rigs weigh. My company can provide a pair of portable Wheel Weighers. (Photograph to follow) My plan is for Robert and I to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. While hitched up, and before going to their site, we can weigh each axle (Both TOW vehicle and TRAILER) and record the weight. Then AFTER they set up in their site, they can bring their unhitched tow vehicle back over the scales to get another weight to use to compute their tongue weight. (Sorry, this will only work for single axle trailers...) This process will exert almost no effort or inconvenience on people as they arrive... Thoughts?

Frederick
That sounds really informative. Let us know where you will be set up and we will be sure to drive by before getting into our spot. That is such good information to know, specially since we are looking into getting a new tow vehicle.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #28

That is SUCH a cool idea, Frederick! You should probably call the park to see if you can set it up maybe in the day-use area. Make sure to tell them you are not selling anything and there is no charge. Let me know where you'll be and what day(s) and times and I'll advertise it for you.

Thanks!
Nancy

Quote:

Frederick
Old 06-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #29

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
I have a passion for persons KNOWING what their rigs weigh. My company can provide a pair of portable Wheel Weighers. (Photograph to follow) My plan is for Robert and I to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. ... Thoughts?
Sounds like a great idea to me!!
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #30

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Photography Workshop:

Please bring your favorite photos to a photography workshop which will be held in site B16 on Friday morning. Bring a folding chair if the weather's nice -- otherwise, we'll meet inside the Flatfoot (oh, I meant Bigfoot). Be prepared to tell us about the photo and why you like it, how you got the shot. All subjects are welcome.

Come with your own favorite photo tips. Prepare to share your knowledge and to be inspired by the ideas and art of others.

Announcing the first ever Oregon Gathering photo contest!!!! Plan to bring a photo or photos of a fiberglass trailer. There will be a jury and a prize for the winner. Details to follow.

Questions or ideas? I'd love to have them.

Eric

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1351__2_.JPG   IMG_1595.JPG  

IMG_2446.JPG   IMG_2450.JPG  

Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #31

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I am up for the rivet class......................... Since I lost one yesterday! Can I wait and replace after I take the workshop or should I replace before we head for the rally? Either way, I will be attending that workshop! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #32

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Rivets are there for a purpose. Holding something in place and spreading weight across a wider area. If it's something external, like a hatch you could possibly wait. However, you are coming from quite a distance, I'd replace the rivet rather than risk damaging a component.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #33

Thanks Donna, I will do that! Robin
Old 06-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #34

Registry
Talking

Quote:
That is SUCH a cool idea, Frederick! [b]You should probably call the park to see if you can set it up maybe in the day-use area. Make sure to tell them you are not selling anything and there is no charge. Let me know where you'll be and what day(s) and times and I'll advertise it for you.

Thanks!
Nancy
I called Ben Fisher and it is a go. Below is my confirming email to him:
Quote:
This email is to confirm our telephone conversation this morning, (June 16th).
I am planning to weigh tow vehicles and trailers for attendees to the "Oregon Gathering" Fiberglass Travel Rally, July 17 - 20, 2008. Actually, I would be happy to weigh any vehicle [b]For FREE who shows up. Thank you for suggesting I set up [b]near the restroom building closest to the beach in the day-use area.

My plan is to set up a "Pit Crew" area so attendees can get Weighed-In as they arrive. While hitched up, and before going to their site, we can weigh each axle (Both TOW vehicle and TRAILER) and record the weight. Then AFTER they set up in their site, they can bring their unhitched tow vehicle back over the scales to get another weight to use to compute their tongue weight. This process will exert the least effort or inconvenience on people as they arrive.

I will arrive at the park on Wednesday, July 16th. I plan to be available in the day-use site all day Thursday, July 17th and possibly as needed Friday, July 18th. I am enclosing as an attachment to this email a photograph of my portable wheel weigher(s). I will use 2 weighers and get separate readings for each wheel.
I welcome any feedback you have to any aspect of this free service.

Frederick L. Simson
My General Manager, Paul VanRoon, www.SanDiegoScale.com is allowing me to bring 2 of our wheel weigher scales to the gathering, free of charge.

I am working on a fixture that will allow me to weigh double axle trailers too. Stay tuned>
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #35

Looks like a lot of time and effort on your part. Thank you. I look forward to participating.

Quote:

My General Manager, Paul VanRoon, www.SanDiegoScale.com is allowing me to bring 2 of our wheel weigher scales to the gathering, free of charge.

I am working on a fixture that will allow me to weigh double axle trailers too. Stay tuned>
Old 06-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #36

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Ben sent me this reply:
Quote:
I appreciate you offering this service to folks that do not have fiberglass RV's. [b]I would suggest that you set up your scales in the eastern part of the parking lot so that beach users can access the beach more easily.

I have forwarded your plans to the staff at Bullards Beach. We look forward to hosting your group again this year.

Ben Fisher
Park Manager
Bullards Beach Management Unit
52470 Hwy 101 N
Bandon, OR 97411
541-347-2209
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #37

I really would like to replace my lights with LED's. I've seen a number of posts dealing with good deals on them. If I were to buy them, would someone be willing to show me how to install them? I'm a real chicken when it comes to doing something on my own the first time all by myself. If there is such a person out there, would you have any recommendations on what to buy? Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:01 AM   #38

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I really would like to replace my lights with LED's. I've seen a number of posts dealing with good deals on them. If I were to buy them, would someone be willing to show me how to install them? I'm a real chicken when it comes to doing something on my own the first time all by myself. If there is such a person out there, would you have any recommendations on what to buy? Thanks!
You may want to wait before making the purchase. Peter and Lynn are going to the gathering and have extensively replaced incandescent lights with LEDs. You may want to see the different lights, they've used several different types. Here's a great topic by Peter: Experimenting with LED options, Tried out several different types of LEDs.

But, if you're talking about taillights, I understand Casita is installing LEDs on their new trailers, you may want to make the purchase directly from them...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #39

I would be happy to teach a jewelry class this year. Instead of wearing a plain lanyard, you will be making a colorful beaded lanyard on which you can hang your Fiberglass RV name tag. Please RSVP and I will send details. I will try to reserve the yurt for the class.

Thalia Keple
Click Here To Send Email
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #40

I told Nancy I would be glad to do a workshop on,

Owning your own Campground, RV-park
or Resort

You think you know what it takes? Well in this workshop, I hope to prepare you for what it really takes. Find out if you got it in you to run one.
The workshop will be based on what it takes to create your dream, besides the financial aspect, what it takes to run one on a daily basis. Not what you think! I will try to cover the surprise things that you face everyday in the business. We won't be covering the financial aspect, cause that's between you and your money. But the everyday nitty gritty of the wonderful world of Campground, RV-park, Resort happenings. The workshop will either make you want to fulfill your dreams of becoming an owner or make you run back to your 9 to 5 .
I need a head count, cause I would like to have handouts for everyone. You can PM me so I can keep a tally. Robin

Tags
2008 oregon gathering