1978 Holiday Rambler Owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2022, 08:48 AM   #1

Name: Lacey
Trailer: 1978 Holiday Rambler
AR
1978 Holiday Rambler Owner

Hi my name is Lacey and I just purchased a 1978 Holiday Rambler 28ft camper. I am currently in the demo stage of the remodel.

This will be my take on fulltime tiny house living. You know in the three weeks of owning this camper the youtube videos I have watched all these years make it seem so easy to build/demo/remodel. No one tells you this is overwhelming/exciting/frustrating/fun oh and lets throw in the amount of money I am spending.

I am looking for advice and inspiration from joining here. I have basic skills and willing to learn through the process. I would love if someone would reach out to me and help me as a big brother/sister in this remodel, you would be my angel.

Thank you for allowing me to join and I will post progress updates along the way. If you have questions for me, feel free to message.
lacey72712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:03 PM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Good luck!
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I lived in a 1968 Holiday Rambler from 1985 to 1989. I was a beginning teacher in a community with very little housing, and my employer provided an inexpensive place to park with electric, water, and sewer. It was hands-down the best-made RV I have ever experienced. Solid, leak-free, aluminum frame and skin, all-composite cabinetry, great layout with lots of storage, everything worked flawlessly, perfect tiny house. Mine had the old-style jalousie windows, lots of them!

Those old HR's had good bones.

That said, I never towed it. It was a beast requiring a 3/4T truck. Bought it locally and paid the seller to deliver it. Sold it and the buyer towed it away. For actual travel with a trailer, I'm glad to have found the lightweight, molded fiberglass, egg-type trailers like the 13' Scamp I now have. Just so you know, that is the focus of this particular forum.

Best wishes with your renovations.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote