1979 Scamp 16 Wiring Diagram - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Avion 30P and 1979 Scamp 16
Michigan
1979 Scamp 16 Wiring Diagram

Not new to RV's but new to my Scamp 16 and boy did I get a doozy.

Previous owner did everything but set it on fire!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram and maybe even a plumbing schematic for this year of trailer?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Almost all Scamp trailers could have variations in wiring and plumbing depending on the ordered options when the trailer was built, regardless of the year. See Scamp manual in documents center on FGRV web site for generic wiring and plumbing diagrams.

Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Scamp Manual
Old 01-11-2015, 11:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The nice thing about Scamp when it comes to fixing things, is they have not changed much in regards to their main design and layout so the basic wiring and water diagram found in the manual in the documents center is good to start with. The one most notable change that I am aware of that was made to the plumping and electrical layout in the 16' was they moved the location of the city water and electrical outside connections/hatch from the passenger side to the drivers side. Other than that not much else has changed other than the brand of power converters used.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Avion 30P and 1979 Scamp 16
Michigan
Thanks Sergey and Carol.

I have a cook top and sink and a roof top A/C Heat unit they have mounted.
There is no water pump but a manual pump on the faucet that works.
No grey or black water tank, just the fresh water.
It has a small room that could have had a porta potty in it but not sure.
Twin bunks on one end, dinette/bed on the other end.

I would love to know how things were originally. Such as where did the sink drain to? Was it a porta potty in 1979? Where were lights located, etc.

Dave
Dave Frazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Frazer View Post
Thanks Sergey and Carol.

I have a cook top and sink and a roof top A/C Heat unit they have mounted.
There is no water pump but a manual pump on the faucet that works.
No grey or black water tank, just the fresh water.
It has a small room that could have had a porta potty in it but not sure.
Twin bunks on one end, dinette/bed on the other end.

I would love to know how things were originally. Such as where did the sink drain to? Was it a porta potty in 1979? Where were lights located, etc.

Dave
Dave even today it is possible to order the Scamp 16' with only a porta potty in what is known as the side bathroom (if thats the layout that you have). Even today you can order the 16' without that side bathroom and simple stored the porta potty under the front bunks. Take a look at Scamps website for the different layouts offered.... but note the layouts with the side dinette and a front bathroom are much newer additions to the line up of layouts offered.

Re lights - normally there was a 12V light on the wall beside the sink. As well as one on the end of the kitchen overhead bins - facing the dinette. A long 110 florescent light on the outside wall of the kitchen area on the drivers side of the trailer (which Scamp stopped using in very recent years). Some also had a 12 Volt light on the ceiling over the table area if no 12v fan in that area. Also one 12 v light on the outside front of the bathroom wall - up high above the bunks. One 12 volt light in the bathroom - normally on the wall that is shared with the kitchen.

As I mentioned the basic layouts of the Scamps have not changed! So yes bunks at the front and dinette/bed at the end pretty standard layout and still offered today.

On the outside passenger side of the trailer near where the sink is located there should be a grey water connection - also a city water connection if that was ordered. Attach a short hose to the grey water connection and the grey water simple goes into a bucket or portable tank.

If you post some photos of the outside of your trailer folks here should be able to tell you what is stock and what is not.

You could also take a look at Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com at past sales of photos to see what one of the same age may have looked like. Keep in mind that although you may not see many of the 70's 16' in the archives you will see a fair number of early 80's and trust me when I say Scamp did not change much over the years! LOL

There is one old listing of a 1984 16' Scamp that shows a photo of the porta potty in the bathroom closest.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp