I have been busy with getting up to speed with the basics!
- got a Subaru hitch installed on my 2004 Subaru Forester - $600 parts and labor at dealer (limited choices in an isolated town of 30k). Figured it was cheaper than a new car with a trailer hitch! We are a 1 car family - simpler and cheaper.
- my BAL stabilizer came it is fabulous! Really makes the Scamp
feel rock steady, I used it when I had it on the street, and now am using it in the yard w/ the Scamp in its new spot. Also have the rear stabilizers down of course but the BAL leveler is essential as far as evening out the side to side level.
- moved the Scamp off the street to be next to the garage. Got it stabilized with BAL and chocks and its all level. Also plugged her in to outlet in garage! We got power!
- my Harbor Freight Trailer dolly came in the mail - used a cupon and the total with freight was about $60. I'll need the dolly to move the Scamp out to the street to hitch to the car. Haven't used it yet, but put it together with assistance of YouTube video!
- I got down and dirty and confirmed via iPhone camera that my 2001 Scamp has the valuable brake flanges! So I can have electric brakes
installed without ordering a new axel! Yeah! I want the brakes
for safety, we have some steep grades in Alaska, notably the road out of Skagway to Whitehorse. Plan to get them installed before next summer.
- my fairy Scampmother, who sold
me her Scamp, helped me figure out the awning
yesterday, so now I have it out for a front porch cover. It's angled a bit for the inevitable rain we "enjoy" in the Tongass temperate rainforest. (Precipitation falls on an average 230 days per year, averaging 62.5 inches but ranging from 55 to 90 inches. Makes the Northwest look like the Banana Belt to us in SE Alaska!)
I'm going to post some photos in my profile.
Meanwhile I am using my new playhouse for coffee and cocktails with friends and husband. Ukulele practice. And will have an overnight soon - in the yard. It's always clean! ( vs the house!). And no one expects much in the way of cooking!