'72 Boler American - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Boler
WA
'72 Boler American

Hi,

I'm Jim and I have a 1972 Boler American that is in need of major restoration. It has the standard door sag and need some fiberglass repair on the body (the door hinges tore out some oval holes leading to more door problems. At some point someone painted it with latex paint too but it was originally avocado and white. I did some initial tear down a couple of years ago and stripped off some of the paint, but now I'm looking to get back to renovating it and I'm looking for some suggestions to make a it a modern, fun travel trailer.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Jim
favolaschia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #2

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
From what I have read on this site bolers we're only built in the u s for.,6 months there were not many of them.built I have s 72 American made in Wichita.
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Boler
WA
I knew they weren't common, but I didn't realize that they were only made for a few months.

Thanks.
favolaschia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #4

Name: Emily
Trailer: In the market
California
Boler American

Hi there! I've been scouring the internet to try to find out more about Boler Americans. I am driving 6 hours tomorrow to go check one out (just realized it is a Boler American, not a Canadian one) and the owner only knows that it is from the 1970s, but based on the research I've done it looks like they were only produced in 1972 - is this correct? Any information you can share about these rare finds would be great to know!! Thank you.
emilys4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilys4 View Post
Hi there! I've been scouring the internet to try to find out more about Boler Americans. I am driving 6 hours tomorrow to go check one out (just realized it is a Boler American, not a Canadian one) and the owner only knows that it is from the 1970s, but based on the research I've done it looks like they were only produced in 1972 - is this correct? Any information you can share about these rare finds would be great to know!! Thank you.
Emily, if you feel like reading you'll find a comprehensive history of the boler here... find the information about the Boler American about 1/3 down the page: https://bolertrailerhistory.ca/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #6

California
Thank you!

This is fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing, Donna!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #7

California
Any idea how to decipher the 4-digit serial number?
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #8

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by favolaschia View Post
Hi,

I'm Jim and I have a 1972 Boler American that is in need of major restoration. It has the standard door sag and need some fiberglass repair on the body (the door hinges tore out some oval holes leading to more door problems. At some point someone painted it with latex paint too but it was originally avocado and white. I did some initial tear down a couple of years ago and stripped off some of the paint, but now I'm looking to get back to renovating it and I'm looking for some suggestions to make a it a modern, fun travel trailer.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Jim
Our door sag was really that the fiberglass at wall had separated from the floor inside; fixing this made the door fit perfect again.
We still have gelcoat on outside; but had a few small painted patches and off colour gelcoat patches. They matched the oxidized finish instead of the polished original colour. The paint was hard to remove in the end sanded and added some new gelcoat.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:55 PM   #9

Name: LouAnn
Trailer: 1972 American Boler
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilys4 View Post
Hello, I知 new to the site, but I知 so excited I知 buying a American Boler 1972 #5202 picking it up Thursday.
Loubec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:58 PM   #10

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Emily, if you feel like reading you'll find a comprehensive history of the boler here... find the information about the Boler American about 1/3 down the page: https://bolertrailerhistory.ca/
Thank you Donna! I知 so excited.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:40 AM   #11

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loubec View Post
Hello, I知 new to the site, but I知 so excited I知 buying a American Boler 1972 #5202 picking it up Thursday.
Louann, did you buy the Boler from a guy named Bob ? He lives near me, Eastern NY close to I90. He stops by to visit occasionally, but I've never seen his Boler American. I know he had it for sale. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:21 AM   #12

NY
Yes I did buy it from Bob. I was so lucky. I couldn’t believe there was a Boler so close to where I live. Clinton Corners.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:24 AM   #13

NY
Yes my door has some issues also sagging handle is coming loose.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:12 AM   #14

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Yes I did buy it from Bob. I was so lucky. I couldn’t believe there was a Boler so close to where I live. Clinton Corners.
Looks like you are less than an hour away. Hope you didn't go down the Parkway taking it home, no trailers allowed, but I'm sure you knew that. Bob has been talking about selling that Boler for at least a couple years. He asked my advice a few times, and last time I saw him he said he had advertised it. I recently saw another Boler for sale on Facebook Marketplace that I think was in NY. EDIT: that other Boler is in Cortland Manor NY, looks pretty rough condition. Another one for sale in PA. Neither one are the Boler American
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:54 PM   #15

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Yes my door has some issues also sagging handle is coming loose.

Hopefully this may help. I snagged this picture over 6 years ago. It is labeled as Ians-4 so it may have come from a member here Ian that also has a boler website. He might even do some Facebook stuff, I don't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ians-4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	150501

Trying to give credit without plagiarizing. Sorry, I'm usually pretty good at this. Given enough time I should be able to find the source to credit.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 08:54 PM   #16

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
OK, I found another image in a good thread posted by Cesar.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...sar-64337.html

This image gives a good view because the closet is not place and blocking the view.

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post813875

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler