72 Compact Jr.,,project egg - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #1

Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
72 Compact Jr.,,project egg

I just bought a 1972 Compact Jr, project trailer,,nice exterior & good frame but interior is gutted,,,so now the fun begins,,,been lurking here for abit ,,but now I am an EGG owner,,,this one will be "THE BLUE BIRD'' Ron
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Congrats and let the fun begin!
Cheers!
Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #3

Thanks,,I think its going 2-B fun !!..will tell in about a year ?? Ron
Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ron, with a gutter trailer, you can make the interior uniquely your own. Everything from the bed size to which side you prefer the sink, etc.

Post pictures are you go along, we love to look!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Its is fun, enjoy the ride Ron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
I just bought a 1972 Compact Jr, project trailer,,nice exterior & good frame but interior is gutted,,,so now the fun begins,,,been lurking here for abit ,,but now I am an EGG owner,,,this one will be "THE BLUE BIRD'' Ron
Old 04-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #6

Thanks every one ! this one belonged to an old high school friend,,who recently passed away,,& his wife knew i wanted it,,,,I won,t tell you how much I paid,because i hate to see grown KIDS cry....
Its been stored in a barn & has not seen much use sense 1980,,,frame & out side are very good...he had the idea to remodel the inside & never did,,,but she has all the parts,,,I am a retired carpenter,,so its a fun project for wife & I....Its 340 miles away ! so soon as its home in its new "barn" I will post pics & yes Donna we have many "custom ideas" & We will take YA-All along as we build..& will post in the Mods forum.. Until then THANKS for Welcoming us to the EGG family...we have looked at many of the Jr. threads here & PMed afew..for ideas,& are Open to suggestions???The trailer has a white exterior..& we love Blue Birds,,so exterior theme is white with blue trim & Blue Bird decals interior will be white with blue trim,,,she already bought blue & white material for cushions & curtains.. Ron & Glenda
Old 04-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
You need to update your profile to "72 Compact BlueBird, Under Construction" while you do your resto. I'm in Michigan too Looking forward to progress photos
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #8

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Hmmm. East Michigan, mid Michigan, and we're west Michigan. Seems the state is well represented. We haven't even had a chance to try out our new Egg Camper which we've had a whole two weeks. Darn. Anyway, best of luck with your project. I bet it'll be a labor of love........Bob
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Maybe a Michigan Nog is in order. I have a gf in Charlevoix with a boler, and another one close to me with a little 13ft scamp. Wonder how many we can collect?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #10

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Believe ME, they will come!

'SPEAK' (AKA: 'Seek') and they shall 'come'!

A few years back, a friend started a teeny tiny meet in Washington state. They now have about 30-40 trailers showing up each year. Although we're in Oregon, we go up every year to 'his' meet in WA.
Any chance to attend a meet, if scheduling (and gas money) allows!

In two short weeks, I have a trip to Ft. Langley, Canada planned for a nice little EGG Gathering...any excuse to travel around!!!

BB
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper