I found this site trying to figure out how to fix a loose hinge in my surfside
. Like someone had mentioned on here, it was attached to a piece of wood on the inside that had rotten. I cut an access hole, scraped out the wood and replaced the hardware with some nuts and bolts and big washers. Worked like a charm.
We took our camper on our first trip last weekend with no major issues. The door popped off and we had to ratchet strap it closed. And the windows
were pretty floppy in the wind so I duct taped them down. other than that it went pretty smoothly.
There were some initial issues earlier in the month, the electrical
harnass I bought didn't seem to be wired properly, and also there was a huge clunking sound when we first towed it. I have temporary magnetic lights
on the bumper and got an anti rattle attachment for the hitch. I'll poke around on here and figure out the wiring when I have the time.
its been quite the learning experience having never towed anything before. ( we bought the camper before we had a vehicle to tow it!) but it was a great experience and we are looking forward to using it as much as we can.
we plan on doing some mods/renos in the future and i'll have to post some pictures when it starts coming together.
glad I found this place, thanks for the help so far!