95 13' scamp, new owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 84 Scamp
Virginia
Registry
95 13' scamp, new owner

Hey Folks, proud new owner of a 95 Scamp, Pretty good shape, only thing in it when i got it was the stock wall covering, Closet to the left w/AC and that's it. No seats and no cabinets. Minor floor damage up front and in the rear. should be easily repairable. I built a teardrop a few years back and really enjoyed the process. I'm also a member on the TnTTT forum. Great group of folks. This will give me a chance to recreate the interior as needed. Ive really enjoyed the heck out of searching the forum. Really good Stuff. If its scamp related it looks like its been asked here...

Im not allowed to keep a RV at my house, so in the Garage it had to go! long story short I had to run on the hubs for approx 10' (Offset on 5/8 plywood).worked like a champ.

I found some decent, almost exact replica of the original wall covering (fur)
almost $11.00 a running yard (72") I think scamp has it for $12.00 for a Sq yard. I'm a ways from recovering (although I've already removed the existing covering and left with just the Reflectix. No way im removing the Residual Pink glue, not gonna happen.

Hulliner and Headliner 72"

Sand Stratos, they were nice enough to send a sample, No pattern on the liner.

Anyhow, I'm honored, Thanks for having me and listening to me blather... I wont leave a mess,

Mike
Midlothian Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. This site is indeed a precious resource for all glass campers. Be sure to post pictures when you can - we all are all curious.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #3

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers! I too have a teardrop trailer, but mine has been stalled mid-build for a year. Got stuck on electrical, then diverted by my '84 Scamp purchase and updating. Hope to finish the teardrop this winter.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your progress on your '95 Scamp. It's always fun to see all the different variations people come up with when making their trailers their own.
Take care,
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Mike to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!

Sounds like you've got a solid blank slate to work with. I agree with others, please post pics when you can. We really enjoy following rebuilds
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel

Welcome Mike
Good to have another Va. Scamp owner on board. I lived in Midlothian for three years but that was almost 60 years ago. That was when you caught the Greyhond bus to go to Richmond. Keep us up to date on your project.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #6

Virginia
Registry
Hey, Thanks for the warm welcome, You people and your Pictures I do have some on my phone. just need to put them someplace to host..

Lil, Love to see pics of your Teardrop

Eddie, there wasn't much when i moved in to Midlothian 30 years ago, I cant imagine it 60 Years ago. Do you have any family still in the area? there are some Longest's down the street from my folks house.

Mike
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #7

Virginia
Registry
As promised, It was way worse than the photo shows..

Turns out its a 16' and NOT a 13 as advertised on Craigslist. I read the Serial number..... sure looked like a 3, upon closer inspection with a magnifying glass, it is indeed a 6. AND it does measure 13' on the inside. I've been duped.....Ill add this to general chat as well, i'm sure others will get a kick out of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scamp as purchased.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	51833

After a couple washes of TSP and beach...

Name:	clean.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	51834

Name:	scamp driveway.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	410.7 KB
ID:	51835
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlothian Mike View Post
Turns out its a 16' and NOT a 13 as advertised on Craigslist. I read the Serial number..... sure looked like a 3, upon closer inspection with a magnifying glass, it is indeed a 6. AND it does measure 13' on the inside. I've been duped.....Ill add this to general chat as well, i'm sure others will get a kick out of it.

It is indeed a 16' - some might say thats a good dupe!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Looks great after the wash with TSP. Congratulations!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #10

Virginia
Registry
that explains hit it had to be forced into the garage
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlothian Mike View Post
No seats and no cabinets. Mike
95 isnt that old!! What did the previous owner do to the trailer? What happened to the seats and cabinets? Sounds crazy that someone would pull out the fiberglass interior fittings.......
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #12

Virginia
Registry
Hey Carol, not sure, The PO received it empty. He was using it as an office while he was building a house. Odd though, Not a single rivet beyond the Curtain holders and the cabinets inside the door, No rivets for the back benches, nothing on the Drivers side either, might have been filled but no holes on the interior that I can see. Also, no marks or indentations on the Wall covering where things were previously mounted.

Mike
Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #13

Scamp sells "blank slates." The only thing in the interior is the closet across from the door and the egress vent on the top. We've even seen a blank slate without windows!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #14

Virginia
Registry
Hey Donna, up early are we? That's what I was thinking too, not sure though.there are 2 holes approx 1" in diameter (filled) where the rear bench would be assuming for the water holding tank. other than that, no tell tale signs of anything.

I have a patch cut for the rotten floor up front, glassed all around. I plan on fiberglassing it in this afternoon. Glass Mat etc. then off to the Rear floor repair....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #15

Yep, early riser. Like seeing the sun come up... dawn of a new day.

Mike, we really like following builds/rebuilds here on FiberglassRV. Please post pictures as you move to completion.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #16

Registry
Thanks Mike, suspect Donna is correct and it was ordered that way or you would see all sorts of spots on the outside and inside where the rivets where filled. If your looking for the fiberglass fittings, Scamps prices for the pieces arent really all that bad as long as you go pick them up. I actually took a large overhead bin into a fiberglass repair shop the other day and they were really suprised at how cheap it was to buy from Scamp & how well they were finished for the price. Funny enough they were going to charge me more for a custom door I need for it than what I paid for the whole bin :-)

Tags
scamp