a 13 footer to look at? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #1

Name: Dwanye
Trailer: Looking right now
Washington
a 13 footer to look at?

Hi and I am new to this site. Anyone in western Washington state with a 13 foot egg I can show my wife? Need to see if she thinks she can live with that size. Went to see one in Sequim wa. but already sold. thanks.
Dwanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
The map of FGRV rallies shows one taking place in Goldendale Wash. but that is not until mid-may. Rallies are a great way to check out the different brands and models so I thought I would mention it.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204265223795164181113.0004e99312fb20817b83 7&msa=0&ll=53.173119,-98.349609&spn=30.808689,86.572266
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #3

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
I don't know how far you are from Portland, but at Camper Outlet, they have 13 foot Trilliums.

Trillium RV Inventory

I went to a dealer in Pleasanton CA to do exactly what you are doing, checking size, bringing my wife to get her opinion, etc. Personally I felt more comfortable stomping around a dealer's lot looking into every nook and cranny than I would in someone's prize possession. But that's just me. I even made it to the Escape factory in order to compare the different models.

Someday we'll muster up the courage to visit an Egg gathering, and see how folks really use their Eggs.
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #4

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
At the Algonac rally there was a time set aside for an open house, most were happy to show off their camper and how they might have modified it to work for them.

We have a 13ft Scamp and I specifically asked my wife to look at the 16ft ones at the rally to see if we should look into moving up in size.

Not overwhelmingly motivated, she likes the "cute" of the 13ft a lot. But then for us it is mostly used as a pre-packed hard sided tent that is ready to go, we don't spend a lot of time inside or generally cook there. Never did. Not even when we used a 38ft motor home. We just pack less "stuff" now. :-)

Different folks have different needs or desires.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote