A New Egg in the Empty Nest! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #1

Name: Janine
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer
California
A New Egg in the Empty Nest!

I recently posted that I was looking for a 13' egg trailer. Well, we found one! The day after New Year's we brought home a 1988 Perris Pacer, purchased from a very nice couple in Chula Vista (San Diego.) We were a bit nervous pulling it for the first time in the dark, but made it home in one piece.

It's a solid camper, but we are going to re-do most of the inside, and are debating what to do on the outside. I'm a professional writer and have written a blog for the last four years about outdoor living, called Laguna Dirt (Laguna Dirt | Ideas and inspiration for gardening, landscaping and outdoor living). My plan is to bring this trailer on future adventures throughout the country to explore gardens, parks and outdoor living ideas and blog about them.

Here's my recent post about buying our Pacer, if you are interested: The Perris Pacer Fiberglass Travel Trailer | Laguna Dirt

We have already started pulling apart the Pacer, and I can't tell you how invaluable this Web site and all the members' advice is! All of our questions are answered in minutes by searching forums/threads, everything from what fan to buy, how to patch holes in the fiberglass, and tons of decorating ideas. I also am developing a whole new vocabulary--never knew what "rat fur" and "Wally" and "boondocking" were before joining. I couldn't imagine tackling this project without all this advice and support!

We feel very grateful to be the proud owners of our own egg, and part of this generous community of adventurers!

"Wherever you go...there you are!"
LagunaDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Congrats on your new trailer. Let the fun begin.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
good for you Janine. You've just joined one of the best "owners" group on the WWW. We're here for you, all we ask is that you ask questions, pay it forward to others, make memories and POST PICTURES
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #4

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Birding in an egg

I see you've been here a while but here's a welcome to the owners club. (From another birder too ) Nice looking egg. The awning over the smaller window is a unique touch. Looking forward to the reno's
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #5

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Welcome Janine! Love the Perris Pacer! Glad you found it and are going to restore & explore. I will follow the adventure on your Blog...Nice Job.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Congratulations, and what fun you're going to have rehabbing and camping!! Be sure and share photos, we love photos
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
That's wonderful. Since you're an outdoor writer and the trailer might be somewhat of a tool in helping you write, will you be able to take a business expense on the purchase?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Congrats on your new trailer .my son Derek of happier camper.com has also just bought a Perris pacer in need of a lot of repair . He is located in Los feliz California if your ever in the area give him a shout he'd love to talk to you and share your experience on the rebuild
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Janine, Congrat's! Pacers are cutie lil trailers. What fun your going to have, making it into your perfect trailer!

The only suggestion I have for "outside" would be to have the bearings packed, have the axel, frame, etc checked.

Your new lil egg is cute as it is, but I am sure you have ran across a post entitled, It's not poliglow? Or something to that effect. Great info on putting some shine back on the glass. You could shine it up and protect it and leave "outside" projects for later as you find changes you want to do or that must be done. With the exception of the bearings...... That is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it comfortable (cleaned up, decorated/glamped out) then get out and enjoy it!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote