Advice - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 AM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Ordering Oliver
Florida
Advice

Hello, I am Christine. I am about to place my final order for the 2015 Legacy Elite.
Anyone wish they had ordered any of the options or not have?
I am so excited! I hope to pick her up in May.
Thanks in advance for "must haves" in the option dept. as well as the stay away from.
I am hoping to do some serious boondocking.
Takepaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:58 AM   #2

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
2015's look like a beautiful trailer. Congrats. I like the aluminum frame. What is the weight of their new trailers?
Old 02-07-2015, 05:17 AM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Congrats Chris, good luck with your purchase. What are you planning to tow with?
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:44 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome to our fiberglass world, Christine....hope to see you at one of the many rallies posted here, great way to see other member's trailers for ideas.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #5

Florida
Hey everybody,

Timberwolf, I will be towing with a 2008 Lexus GX470. I am very much looking forward to meeting up with other owners. I will be rambling around for several months. Route will depend on actual departure date.

Thank you in advance for any tips, tricks, advice....I am and have been trying to read all the info I can get on all things fiberglass trailer.

peace
Old 02-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #6

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takepaws View Post
Hello, I am Christine. I am about to place my final order for the 2015 Legacy Elite.
Anyone wish they had ordered any of the options or not have?
I am so excited! I hope to pick her up in May.
Thanks in advance for "must haves" in the option dept. as well as the stay away from.
I am hoping to do some serious boondocking.
Congrats and welcome to the club. I'm sure you got the 360 watt Solar Package???
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #7

Florida
Thank you Mr. Outlaw. I wanted the 300W but the gal there said that one was too large for the 18.5 so they will put the 200

Should I add the two quick connects front and rear for the propane? Any advantage or not so much?

Thank you for your time and information!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #8

Florida
Thanks Pappa T. I don't have the specs right in front of me...but I think GVW is around 4500.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #9

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takepaws View Post
Thank you Mr. Outlaw. I wanted the 300W but the gal there said that one was too large for the 18.5 so they will put the 200

Should I add the two quick connects front and rear for the propane? Any advantage or not so much?

Thank you for your time and information!
Please excuse my poor observation skills, you are correct about the solar panels on the 18.5 (I was thinking 23.5). Not to worry though, I have the 200 watt system on our Elite II and you will find that it is more than enough for your needs.

We don't have the quick connects. I carry an extra propane tank (11 pounder) and set it beside the picnic table when I'm cooking outside. I've used that same setup since our original Elite I back in 2008.

I doubt your unit will weigh as much as you think. Our old one weighed less than 4000 pounds ready to camp with full tanks and the kitchen sink. This also included a Yamaha 3000 watt generator and basket sitting on the tongue.

I know you are excited, and now the wait begins.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #10

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I did not order the quick connects for LP. To use them, you need devices that don't have their own regulator. So that leaves out alot of grills and fire pits.

I did order the auxiliary generator hookup. I like to leave my honda in the back of the truck and it will make that easier to use.

Most of us with pickups are not needing a WDH hitch for these trailers. They have a very light tongue weight and it can be played with a bit with the adjustable tongue. In your case though, with a short wheelbase SUV, I'd consider the Anderson hitch setup they offer.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #11

Florida
Thanks fellas!