Anyone out there from MANCHESTER, NH. USA area?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #21

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
nice!!!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
judging by the response of this thread I'd say it's doable....figure something out
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #23

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
We're in central NH, just south of Winnepesaukee. It would be fun to have a rally here in NH.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #24

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
ADKboler, Kathy: You should come to the "Tearup the ADK" event at Fish Creek Pond in June, it's not for just teardrop campers. However we will most likely be taking our teardrop and not the Uhaul, but there have been fiberglass trailers there at times, along with stick built and popup campers and tents. It's a nice campground and a great gathering that has got bigger every year. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #25

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
wow sounds like there ARE a lot of options. I'm going to have to pull out my calendar!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #26

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
HI noreasters, we lived in Derry and Salem, NH for 12 years (late 60's to late 70's, Now in Florida. Its probably too late to get a site but we stumbled across a gathering of eggs the 12th-17th in Camden Hills, Maine July 12th-17th
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
See Ana? They are everywhere.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
LHH

Name: Lor
Trailer: Gone and done it.
Dreaming
Another One....

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2007 17.5 BigFoot w/ gaucho. This is my first TT and will need to learn lots.

I am picking it up in a few weeks. Planning on staying in New England this year so a rally would be a great way for me to fiberglassonians and learn about dos and don'ts.

Count me in !
LHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #29

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Central Vermont chiming in

There are so many great State Parks in VT and NH and ME! Someone suggested Jamaica SP in VT ... lovely spot. There are NH SPs on the Kangamagus in Conway, NH, that great are retreats, as well.

Looks like there'd be fine gathering of New England and New York eggs! Good idear!

Maggie
Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
ADKboler, Kathy: You should come to the "Tearup the ADK" event at Fish Creek Pond in June, it's not for just teardrop campers. However we will most likely be taking our teardrop and not the Uhaul, but there have been fiberglass trailers there at times, along with stick built and popup campers and tents. It's a nice campground and a great gathering that has got bigger every year. Bob
Oooo the Tearup the ADK looks like fun! June 7-10 this year. That area is so great for canoeing.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #31

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
SILLY HUMANS!! NH IS AWESOME!! I think I may just have to plan a little gathering. just not sure how to go about it. I'll do a little research.
Just pick date, post it and like the old saying, Build it, They will come!

You don't have to plan, lot's of things to do, you don't have to plan workshops. A pot luck and/or a cocktail party and believe me the rest will fall into place.

Have fun!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #32

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are from Oxford, Maine. Only about an hour from North Conway NH. Just purchased our 1999/2000 Casita so we are newbies. We are in the processing of getting ready for our first shake down camping trip to Camdan Hills State park here in Maine in June. If you decide to put something together we would like very much to participate if we can.

Bill & Judy
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Bill and Judy, to FiberglassRV. Good to see an active poster interested in participating in an egg gathering. You'll have a lot of fun
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #34

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Compton View Post
We are from Oxford, Maine. Only about an hour from North Conway NH. Just purchased our 1999/2000 Casita so we are newbies. We are in the processing of getting ready for our first shake down camping trip to Camdan Hills State park here in Maine in June. If you decide to put something together we would like very much to participate if we can.

Bill & Judy
Bill & Judy, there are 2 get togethers in somewhat your area this summer one is in Camden hills state Park in the great state of maine on July 12th - 17th and the other is in St Martens New Brunswick Canada the last of July 28th - 30th, many will go in early and stay later, come join us, Bill
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #35

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill MacDermod View Post
Bill & Judy, there are 2 get togethers in somewhat your area this summer one is in Camden hills state Park in the great state of maine on July 12th - 17th and the other is in St Martens New Brunswick Canada the last of July 28th - 30th, many will go in early and stay later, come join us, Bill
Bill from Florida,

Thanks for the invite. We tried getting sites, with electricity, at the Camden Hills State Part. No luck but will keep an eye out for cancellations. I will have to check on St Martens. If we can get a site we will see you there.

Bill from Maine
Old 05-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #36

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Wife and I were talking about the New England states being one place we have not gone and would like to see. Rally might give us just the excuse we need.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #37

Registry
Bill & Judy,
I'm pretty sure you can get a spot in St. Martins. A note from one of the organizers mentioned a deadline for registrations, June 10th, I think. I didn't pay much attention, since I'm already registered. Hope you can make it. Look at the More tab at the top of the page and click Rally Map. Then click the bubble for St. Martins for more info.

Ron
Old 06-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #38

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Will be in the Franconia Notch or Mt. Washington Area July 17th, 18th, and 19th of July. It has been a few years since I have camped in that area. Would be nice to see other egg campers. Also suggestions on beautiful campgrounds in such a beautiful area would be much appreciated from knowledgeable natives.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #39

Registry
I've backpacked all over the White Mountains, but I don't have much experience camping in campgrounds. I will tell you that the National Forest Camprounds and State Parks seldom have water and electric hookups. The only private campground that we've stayed in nearby is Whispering Pines in Ossippee. It's a nice campground with hookups, etc.. You can find fairly reliable reviews of other campgrounds in the northeast here: northeast and 'new england' campground reviews and camping information at That's Camping™ although some are a bit dated.

It seems that whenever we pack up the Egg we head out of state. But, once a year, I spend a weekend with my old backpacking buddies at Dolly Copp, a NFS campground near Pinkham Notch. I take the EggCamper, they still sleep on the ground. Like many of the NFS campgrounds in the Whites, it's lovely, but primitive. There are no hookups, no showers and no dump station. For $10, you can drive into Gorham and dump waste at an RV dealer.

Ron
Old 06-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #40

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Hi Ana: Having just finished our first ever Egg gathering - EggFest Ontario - in Kingston I can tell you, just find your spot, post it and they WILL come. No need to do a lot of planning since everybody seems to enjoy the visiting. We put up a sign, sold 50/50 tickets to pay for our costs to print stickers and registration sheets and that was that! 39 eggs attended and we had a ball. Instead of a pot luck we had a "bring your own" communal supper which everybody seemed to really enjoy. You can over-do it or keep it simple. Having kept it simple with success we now plan on doing another one next year somewhere up here in Ontario, closer to our home.
Go for it, and you'll find yourself enjoying!!
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote