Anyone out there from MANCHESTER, NH. USA area?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #1

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
Question Anyone out there from MANCHESTER, NH. USA area??

I know I can't be the ONLY one. I would love to see and maybe get to know more people that are fiberglass egg people out this way and would love to see if we can get up a small gathering sometime so that we can swap stories and see what eachother has done to their little fiberglass getaways.
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
In Mystic CT here.....if you get a gathering going keep us informed. We could probably attend if it wasn't far away. Seems most gatherings aren't near here and I dont know why...New England has alot of nice campgrounds and things to do.
Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #3

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Oh dear! I just made a joke with my boyfriend about people forgetting all about NH!!!! sorry!!! I am in upstate NY and would love to hear about a New England gathering!!!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We are in upstate NY and plan to camp at Conway Lake around August 11 to 18, but probably not that whole time. Our son from Maine has a cabin rented there in that time period. Do you know anything about the private campground that is on the lake, we can't really tell by reading online reviews.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #5

New Hampshire
Registry
conway lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We are in upstate NY and plan to camp at Conway Lake around August 11 to 18, but probably not that whole time. Our son from Maine has a cabin rented there in that time period. Do you know anything about the private campground that is on the lake, we can't really tell by reading online reviews.

sorry nope I don't know anything about it but north conway is A LOT of fun! ENJOY!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Oh dear! I just made a joke with my boyfriend about people forgetting all about NH!!!! sorry!!! I am in upstate NY and would love to hear about a New England gathering!!!

SILLY HUMANS!! NH IS AWESOME!! I think I may just have to plan a little gathering. just not sure how to go about it. I'll do a little research.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #7

New Hampshire
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
In Mystic CT here.....if you get a gathering going keep us informed. We could probably attend if it wasn't far away. Seems most gatherings aren't near here and I dont know why...New England has alot of nice campgrounds and things to do.
Bruce

yes they all seem to be in CANADA or california... WHY??? DUNNO! anyway. I may try and plan one. not sure how though so I'll do a little research.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #8

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi ana---norm and ginny (honda03842) are from new hampshire. they are presently on a cross-country excursion but check in here often.
welcome. we're not far from you. LOVE the nh liquor outlets. hehehehe
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #9

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ana,

Don't let anyone kid you about NH. They're most like jealous of our 5% unemployment rate or lack of mstate income taxes, or maybe the lack of a state sales tax or possibly that our state has the second highest SAT scores in the nation or .....

As was stated earlier we're on the road until October 2012, completing our 5th loop of the USA. We do have a son who lives in York, ME who owns a Casita and may be into the gathering thing. We both took our rigs to Prince Edward Island for a rally there. Also there's a rally this July in St Martins, New Brunswick. It's in a beautiful location on the coast about half way up.

The New Brunswick rally will have about 40 Bolers plus other brands. It's really a great opportunity.

As well it is possible to search the membership list for NH and find everyone in NH. At one time our son talked about a rally so I did a search of New England and found about 40 members.

Hope this all helps and look forward to meeting you sometime when we get home. By the way, Ginny was born in Manchester.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #10

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Ana,

Don't let anyone kid you about NH. They're most like jealous of our 5% unemployment rate or lack of mstate income taxes, or maybe the lack of a state sales tax or possibly that our state has the second highest SAT scores in the nation or .....

As was stated earlier we're on the road until October 2012, completing our 5th loop of the USA. We do have a son who lives in York, ME who owns a Casita and may be into the gathering thing. We both took our rigs to Prince Edward Island for a rally there. Also there's a rally this July in St Martins, New Brunswick. It's in a beautiful location on the coast about half way up.

The New Brunswick rally will have about 40 Bolers plus other brands. It's really a great opportunity.

As well it is possible to search the membership list for NH and find everyone in NH. At one time our son talked about a rally so I did a search of New England and found about 40 members.

Hope this all helps and look forward to meeting you sometime when we get home. By the way, Ginny was born in Manchester.

WOW THAT"S GREAT!! Super to "meet" you guys and I hope to see you all soon somewhere. I'll definately look into a rally sometime. gotta get the boler fixed up yet. I did a stupid thing tonight and spray painted the table in my basement.... YEP I'm feeling a little high. DOH!!! never do that again. the window are open and the fans are on. I'm freezing my arse off but i'm getting less dizzy. :/ LIVE AND LEARN!! thought the fumes would stay downstairs but unfortunately my heat turned on and brought them UP INTO MY HOUSE!!! OH WELL!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #11

Name: kathy
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13
New York
Registry
Yippee! More people from the NorthEast. I live in northern NYS, and would love to go to a egg rally somewhere fairly close to home. You are less than 5 hours from me.
I will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully we can have a Nor'easter- the good kind!
adkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #12

Name: Jeff & Sonya
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn
I know I can't be the ONLY one. I would love to see and maybe get to know more people that are fiberglass egg people out this way and would love to see if we can get up a small gathering sometime so that we can swap stories and see what eachother has done to their little fiberglass getaways.
Hi....we live one hour south in MA....regularly go through Manchester on our way to the Whites. We would also be interested in a local gathering.
Sonya in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #13

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
We are in southern Ontario and have done New Hampshire. Beautiful!
We are organizing our FIRST ever meet in Kingston Ontario, called EggFest. I just went to a large campground. Told them what I was trying to do and that we'd like to put two little "eggs" on each site if possible and could they set aside 20 or so in one area. I found Rideau Acres in Kingston already have an area for rallies so no problem but I know for the Quebec bolerama, and the Atlantic Meet, campgrounds just set aside one area for the gathering. We picked a date (end of May) that nobody near here was doing and booked our own site.
I designed a logo for stickers (can't afford buttons), started a blog (not necessary if posted here on the forum), painted up a welcome banner and a 3 ring binder for registration. Get some 50/50 tickets if you don't want to charge extra for people to register. We decided on a communal supper over a pot luck. and then see what you get. Everybody just books with the campground (pick an event name) under the event and away you go. I'll let you know after ours in May if I forgot anything important. The Quebec bolerama is done that way and it was a huge success right out the door.
One couple need to be the hosts but if you have another couple or two to help that's great. Hope you can pull it off. Keep us posted.
Attached Thumbnails
EggFest 2012 1.jpg  
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #14

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
Talking Hello From Connecticut

Thank you so much Ana for breaking the ice. I just got a 1984 UHAUL CT 13. My family and I have loved our trips to the Whites over the years. Mt. Washington and the AMC are near and dear to me. The ARE lots of great spots in New England. There ARE lots of good people in New England and SOME of them own EGGS. I am excited about the "Nor'Easter" idea. BTW how about that for NEXT year. An April event, say a week or two after Easter ? Cool, right? Easter/Egg---easy to remember. Getting my rig ready to camp in April would let me get a jump on the season.

Thanks again for opening up this thread. I was getting the feeling that the Northeast was a vast wasteland for fgrv people. BTW I am near Hartford, CT and can be in North Conway in about 4 hours.

Joseph Kristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #15

Massachusetts
Would you be interested in a mini egg fest at Jamaica State Park, VT? I can call to see if we can hold a few spots....maybe Aug 3-4, 2012?
Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #16

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
There is a rally in mid-pennsylvania, end of june with owners coming from up north. I know I'd like to attend one in NY or Vt or NH or ME in the fall when the leaves start changing.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #17

Massachusetts
hi Jim, we are registered for the mid atlantic egg rally in PA!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #18

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya in MA View Post
hi Jim, we are registered for the mid atlantic egg rally in PA!
Great, looking forward to seeing last years and new attendees. We will need to start discussing pot luck dinner ideas and events, next month. Can't wait...
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #19

Registry
wow...another uhaul in CT!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There is a rally in mid-pennsylvania, end of june with owners coming from up north. I know I'd like to attend one in NY or Vt or NH or ME in the fall when the leaves start changing.
yeah they moved the PA rally further away from us.....last year medical problems kept us close to home and we couldnt attend. Hopefully one of these New Englanders will get something going for this summer a little closer.