Are we crazy or what? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Name: carolynn
Trailer: 10' 1976 ventura
British Columbia
Are we crazy or what?

Hello all, We have bought a 1975-13foot Boler to be totally renovated. It was previously taken apart and we are determined to get it all beautiful again. My biggest stumbling block at this time is what to cover the inside walls with now, as the owner took all of it out. And where to find it. We are in beautiful(but small)Powell River BC. It is 2 ferries up from Vancouver. So resources here are minimal, but not impossible. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou,
not sure how to go about posting pictures
cary quamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I'm a fan of what Scamp uses: foil bubble wrap, available at big box home supply stores or online, followed by carpet style marine headliner, available in a range of neutral colors online or through a local marine supply store.

It's not as thermally efficient as the original Ensolite, but it's reasonably priced and fairly forgiving to work with as a DIYer. The headliner is slightly stretchy, which helps to get it to fit smoothly in the corners. Install with automotive headliner adhesive.

It does what it needs to do in terms of preventing condensation, deadening sound, blocking light, and adding a modicum of thermal insulation. It's also soft to brush up against (which happens a lot in a small trailer) and cleans with a vacuum, damp rag, or steam cleaner as needed.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:44 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
And, the hook side of Hook-and-loop (Velcro) sticks to the fuzzy headliner. We use it to hang window blinds to keep us warmer on cold nights. Otherwise Jon covered it well. The term of endearment for the headliner among members of this forum is "rat fur".
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:25 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
And, the hook side of Hook-and-loop (Velcro) sticks to the fuzzy headliner. We use it to hang window blinds to keep us warmer on cold nights. Otherwise Jon covered it well. The term of endearment for the headliner among members of this forum is "rat fur".
If I were starting from scratch I wouldn’t use Scamp’s long-napped version of marine headliner. “Rat fur” is okay, but there are other products with a smoother texture.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote